Butter is Best

tonyS54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fair enough, one of your links was to Basingstoke but the other one you listed was in the states, so I wouldn't think going direct to the last one was an option?
Which other ones have you seen that haven't been processed, as it's always going to be good for personal recommendations for stuff like this. Even I'll use it occasionally.

Only linked to the states because of your link to beef tallow in a previous comment .

More organic beef dripping suppliers

http://www.bigbarn.co.uk/marketplace/product/highgrove-beef-dripping/5343~RothervalleyO

http://www.foodheaven.co.uk/p/Beef_...522005a9775/f060df1bf1cd44f38b1f0df34f896540/

http://www.godfreys.co/free-range-beef-dripping-231-p.asp

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My tip for losing weight:

Spice your meals so hot that you look more forward to getting through the meal and less forward to sitting down to eat it.

Reactions: 7 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Again, it's the cynic in me.

They all claim the tallow is produced from organic cattle.
Just no one claims how it's produced.
The best is "traditional", and cornflakes are produced in the traditional way.

Marketing is a wonderful thing.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My tip for losing weight:

Spice your meals so hot that you look more forward to getting through the meal and less forward to sitting down to eat it.

That worked well for me!

1andylock

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My butcher saves a piece of skirt for me every week .My husband has a piece grilled as steak on friday with onion and mushrooms with a glass of wine this is a ritual that went back to his working days when this was a treat to start the W/E Skirt stir fries well but also makes lovely casseroles because it keeps its taste and makes thick gravy
CAROL
I like a piece of skirt too. But unfortunately its not very PC.

Reactions: 10 people

Maryannonsilk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Intolerance
My Paleo Forum say that Kerrygold is grass fed and always recommend it ...can't get it here in Spain do I use the local variety con Sal ...delicious on veggies :)

Reactions: 5 people

Southport GP

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have to admit that for years I've eaten anything and everything with low fat on the label because that's what I was lead to believe was the way forward for everyone, not just diabetics. I'm a Grannie, and boy, am i constantly learning that the old adage "you can't teach your Grannie to suck eggs" is wrong! ://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinkadvice/10635994/Gourmet-butter-satisfy-your-churning-desires.html
after using a spreadable 'Butter' for years I was cannoyed to read the small print recently to find it had cheap vegetable oil blended into it -Its the hard stuff only in the future for me !!

Reactions: 5 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Butter, "the most delicate of food among barbarous nations" (Pliny, Natural Histories)

The romans made little butter and generally used it for the treatment of wounds.

Reactions: 3 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Butter, "the most delicate of food among barbarous nations" (Pliny, Natural Histories)

The romans made little butter and generally used it for the treatment of wounds.

My grandmother and her ilk swore by butter as a remedy to bring out bruising and reduce swelling, particularly on the forehead :)

Reactions: 2 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh Beachbag that just brought back a memory that must have been hidden away for about 65 years! My granny rubbing "best butter " on a large duck egg bump on my forehead
CAROL

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And I remember as a child that rubbing butter in was the recommended treatment for scalds and burns.

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Carty ... I was frequently to be seen with a buttered forehead! :)

Yes Robbity, we used butter for burns too :)

The good old days eh ;)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A child with a bump on its forehead would probably have to have a Gp appt today Or an appllication of Flora
:doctor:
CAROL

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When we were little we had butter for bumps on the forehead but it had to be applied using a coin inside a hankie. Had completely forgotten about it and now have a very clear vision of my father applying the 'cure':)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
My wife makes butter.
Takes about twenty minutes to turn a tub of cream from the supermarket into a pat of very fresh butter ... salted or not.