1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Covid/Coronavirus and diabetes - the numbers

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Lupf, May 15, 2020.

1. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Ancel Keys!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Lupf

Lupf Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Me neither, I took what Campbell said at face value, he mentioned the SA government or hospitals when talking about his numbers.

3. Lupf

Please give a an example and quote a source, when you make such statement

4. Lupf

Please give a source for your claim

5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I was just quite interested in how they defined "well controlled diabetes" ...

6. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Statin trials where they exclude anyone with a negative reaction in the lead in to the trial maybe?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jamie H

Jamie H · Well-Known Member

100% and fair play . I'm sure you appreciate that there's enough fear and uncertainty. That being said I'm also 100% sure you you were just sharing with the best intentions

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

@Jamie H Just by the way and this is just my opinion but if you have a problem with something someone has posted there is a report post button you could use it and then let a mod decide on the relevance or suitability of a post it is after all their function to police the forum I for one had no adverse reaction to the post in question but found it informative after all it is a global pandemic and the relevance of what is happening around the world is not necessarily of no consequence to us and our situation I am not a child and do not wish to be kept in ignorance because it may scare me.

@Max68 thank you for your posting of the video.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

10. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

I have just watched the video and found it very interesting learning about the risks of COVID-19 in different parts of the world. In 2018, I found out that I have a niece in Africa.
    I would of liked more info regarding diabetes ie the different types or age etc as it wasn't specified.

11. Robinredbreast

@Max68 I found the video interesting, so maybe you could start a new thread showing the video's ?

12. Tannith

Tannith · Well-Known Member

"There is a very detailed study available via NHS England that looked in significant depth at covid and diabetes "Please provide link

13. Jamie H

I'm not a child either.. So won't be reporting anyone for having a different opinion to my own. This is a forum.. Its not a platform to massage people's ego or agree with everything they post. It's not personal I just didn't think the video was helpful. You think it was useful.. That's also fine. I didn't ask the individual to remove it

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jamie H

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Max68

Max68 · Well-Known Member

Please let's all get on, after all we are all in the same boat and on the same side! :) Last thing I would want to do is scare anyone as I'm not particularly comfortable with the situation myself! I find Dr John Campbell a great voice of reason and honesty and extremely informative within all the confusion and have done since back in February hence posting a video of "interest" from I think a reliable source. One thing I like about him is that he will fully admit he has been wrong or apologises if any information he has posted is incorrect, hence why I watch him.

If anyone is interested in the studies he discusses the I would highly recommend that they subscribe to his channel on You Tube and that is probably the best way I can keep everyone happy!! ;);)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jamie H

Well said but think it's healthy to disagree too. If I didn't do so respectfully then of course I aplogise. But don't think there's any need to be reporting people just because you don't agree with something they post . It's all about healthy debate! And you're right we're all on the same side

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Ancel Keyes must have got his diet right, he lived c.100 years.

I am not sure we always get the full picture!
    We certainly are not atm with the briefings.

With China starting on a second wave and it looks like the States are as well we need to be super careful.

Btw, I quite enjoy John Cambell's approach and videos.
    He is a genuine guy, I met him some years ago and his dedication and empathy are sterling qualities.
    D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Haven’t seen anything about this. The worldometer figs show an average of less than 10 new cases a day in China over the last 7 days.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/
    Are there contradictory figures elsewhere?

19. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Significant outbreak in a market in Beijing according to Beeb.
    D.

#259 lindisfel, Jun 13, 2020 at 3:44 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  20. Robinredbreast

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook