COVID vaccination

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Injections quite often cause that reaction, and it may not be the vaccine contents that trigger it
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/penicillin-allergy/symptoms-causes/syc-20376222

To bring this unfortunate event into perspective, the USA is on track to give out 2,9 million doses by Sunday night, so we will get a better idea if this is a systemic problem. There were, what, 306k+ people that developed adverse reactions to the Covid virus today in the US, and quite a few ended up in ICU,

There were no (zero) reported incidences of anaphylactoid shock in the 22k volunteers that took the vaccine in the Phase 3 trial so that is why it was cleared for emergency use. So far it is a very low incidence rate and is being managed, recorded, and reported as per the protocol. The lady has apparently fully recovered now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Snoddy

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Seven months for a trial that should normally take years, no chance I’m taking it unless I’m forced to at work. I will eventually take it once I know people aren’t growing extra ears or bursting into flames but diabetic or not I ain’t being anyone’s trial beagle. Remember the miracle thalidomide treatment for pregnant women...yes it wasn’t a vaccine but regardless I ain’t trusting no vaccine for now
The most sensible comment on this subject.

Reactions: Ymdawd

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This week saw over 300,000 guinea pigs enroll actively in the UKvaccine program by getting their shots. By the time I get my shots there will be over 18 million guineapigs before me, I am talking local here, but of course, the USA will have even bigger buffers in both the Pfizer and Moderna variants, with AZ and other players entering the battle over time. And I am only in the 4th tranche

So I will have time to review my decision in light of any adverse events before I commit. I feel content with having these buffers in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinredbreast

lindisfel

Expert
This week saw over 300,000 guinea pigs enroll actively in the UKvaccine program by getting their shots. By the time I get my shots there will be over 18 mullion guineapigs before me, I am talking local here, but of course, the USA will have even bigger buffers in both the Pfizer and Moderna variants, with AZ and other players entering the battle over time. And I am only in the 4th tranche

So I will have time to review my decision in light of any adverse events before I commit. I feel content with having these buffers in place.
You will be lucky to be included, they apparently run out of vaccine from Pzbio at the end of January.

I won't hesitate getting mine now its been offered.
D.

Last edited:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You will be lucky to be included, they apparently run out of vaccine from Pfbio at the end of January.

I won't hesitate getting mine now its been offered.
D.
It's like buses. Wait months for one to appear, then two come along at once, then it's another long wait.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

A number of messages have been deleted for being off topic & not the "ticket" regarding our forum rules on civility.

Further infractions may incur thread bans or sanctions.
If you are concerned by any wrong doing? please report it.

Thanx.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hiya, listen to this doctor, he explains it quite clearly.

An easy video to watch and from a guy who wasn't shouting or being aggressive towards the person he was talking about and took the time to explain the different aspects of the video.
We can all watch video's on Covid and the vaccine, whether a person agree's or disagree's, take to think about it, without panicking or running around like a headless chicken.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well it only took 183 years to eradicate smallpox from when the first vaccine was produced by Edward Jenner I hope we make better progress with covid.

Reactions: Ymdawd and hankjam

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
An easy video to watch and from a guy who wasn't shouting or being aggressive towards the person he was talking about and took the time to explain the different aspects of the video.
We can all watch video's on Covid and the vaccine, whether a person agree's or disagree's, take to think about it, without panicking or running around like a headless chicken.
The problem is you cannot reason with the irrational so no matter how many times you debate with them their irrational fears and theories will persist.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The problem is you cannot reason with the irrational so no matter how many times you debate with them their irrational fears and theories will persist.

Yes and because their irrational fears or theories are quite rational to them...............

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
I don't know whether it helps or not.
When I had my first vaccination on the 23rd of Dec the patients waiting and apparently practically all of the elderly in our area felt immensely privileged to get our vaccinations and have some relief from the concern over the danger coming to the elderly in the next wave peak.
It was a Christmas present to me and no mistake.
D.

JFWinstone

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, I have several medicine allergies including penicillin, am fine with the flu jab but have seen some are having reactions to the covid vaccination. I'm not sure when it will be offered to me or if I'll be able to have it :confused:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Consider the scale of this rollout, The UK and USA alone have a couple of million doses already injected, and then how many adverse events have been registered in comparison. Secondly, how serious have those events been when they occurred? The protocol for administering the vaccine incorporates steps mandated to allow for those events to be dealt with expeditiously and promptly and so far there have been no long-term issues being highlighted. Bet your bottom dollar the internet will light up like Vesuvius if anything significant occurs.

Weigh these small risks against those that will be in front of you if by bad luck you contract Covid-19. At least we have some idea of what may be awaiting us, and youth and general fitness is by no means ANY guarantee of safe passage. It is not just old farties like me at risk. It can strike down seemingly healthy people and so far there is no way of predicting any outcome on a personal basis (based on the adjunct of the planets at the moment of birth)? Even the rich and famous can lose the battle. But being rich can alleviate some of the inconveniences and being poor is sadly a disadvantage.

lindisfel

Expert
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, I have several medicine allergies including penicillin, am fine with the flu jab but have seen some are having reactions to the covid vaccination. I'm not sure when it will be offered to me or if I'll be able to have it :confused:

Do you carry an pen for anaphylactic shock? If not, they won't worry about getting the odd rash. Are you much under 80....perhaps you'll have to wait some weeks?
If so I would keep my head down as much as possible, this virus is not a walk in the park.
D.

Last edited:

JFWinstone

Do you carry an pen for anaphylactic shock? If not, they won't worry about getting the odd rash. Are you much under 80....perhaps you'll have to wait some weeks?
If so I would keep my head down as much as possible, this virus is not a walk in the park.
D.

No I don't carry an epipen. I'm only 36. I do have several health conditions as well as diabetes

smr55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Labour now calling for 'misinformation' to be "stamped out".

Seems some are afraid that not everyone agrees that a rushed vaccine is a good idea, or even necessary. Any nonconforming views must be silenced :shifty:
I can see where you are coming from with this statement- not your quote I hasten to add, but that just throws that there's maybe something to hide and there's not. A manslaughter charge due to the number of deaths from one person being stupid might make the idiots think twice when they are caught. Each interaction is causing the spread as we all know.
We all step back in horror when there is a shooting, bombing or big accident with an aeroplane or motorway pile up, but these people don't realise that the result of their stupidity is thousands of times worse in terms of deaths and the sickness caused by their irresponsibilty. When you put it into perspective there were 270 deaths in total with the Lockerby bombing - tragic and needless (this number is being met daily in most areas of the country at the moment death wise. In Hiroshima there were 80,000 deaths due to the atom bomb which is the population of Scunthorpe (79,977) We are standing at 76,305 deaths in the UK or the population of Paisley in Scotland (76,220) which has literally been wiped out and 2.77million cases in the UK which equates to a1/3 of the population of London being sick with Covid.
This virus is hellish, debilitating and deadly. My daughter stated that when she had it right at the start she was frightened to close her eyes to go to sleep as she didn't think she would wake up it was so bad. She and her hubby caught it from one person coming back from holiday abroad who feeling unwell but still went in to work for a meeting and it spread like wild fire. Thankfully they both recovered with no lasting after effects. If I have an option I will go for the Oxford vaccine due to allergies I have and I would advise everybody to do the same. Having worked in a hopital for over 25 years I am perhaps more aware than the general public how these viruses unknowingly quickly spread, (mobile telephones are not commonly cleaned although touched regularly throughout the day for a start).
I still think that a manslaughter charge should be brought if caught more than once, but as they say The Idiots before Covid will be even bigger Idiots during Covid, and the careful before will be even more careful during. Stay safe & well folks.