MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG
Libre 5.4
Contour 5.1
Yesterdays food
B/ homemade crustless quiche, benecol drinking yogurt
S/ protein shake with unsweetened almond milk, 2 small slices soughdough toast with butter & peanut butter (after cycle ride b/s 3.8)
L/ D/g, seed crackers, salt & vinegar peanuts, s/f jelly & cream
S/Cheese string, fresh coconut, Brazil nuts, 1/2 protein bar
S/ skipped, not hungry
Exercise
15.44 mile cycle ride
Steps 5,962

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got them, Lipid panel is pretty good, compared to what it used to be. Total cholesterol is higher than recommended range but not by much, HDL is high but in a good range, and LDL is in good range, Trigs are in good range. I'm going to give the new statins a miss, I know they still reduce risk, but my body doesn't get rid of them fast enough and they accumulate causing problems. I don't fancy the side effects. Even though they probably do provide some benefit in terms of plaque stabilisation.

A1C went up a little, still OK but just entering the borderline zone, so will focus on keeping than down. Going on and off statins really messes with the blood sugar levels.

My blood pressure is textbook. Brachial Ankle Index is excellent which is an indicator of lack of peripheral vascular disease. No knowing for certain of course if that means you've no arterial plaque issues elsewhere but it is an indicator that you risk is low. Perhaps a benefit of higher HDL due to a lifetime habit of keeping fit and strong.

I have another test as part of the annual diabetes check up in January, so I'll see how things look then and make a decision based on that.
Pleased the results are good, you’re re doing really well, I must get my kettlebells out, daughter is a qualified instructor so need to dig out some of the dvd’s we’ve got, really enjoying cycling at the minute, husband found the rowing machine clearing out the garage yesterday, don’t know if it’s still working, I’ll test it later
Enjoy your Sunday, it’s already hot here

D

Deleted member 371625

Got them, Lipid panel is pretty good, compared to what it used to be. Total cholesterol is higher than recommended range but not by much, HDL is high but in a good range, and LDL is in good range, Trigs are in good range. I'm going to give the new statins a miss, I know they still reduce risk, but my body doesn't get rid of them fast enough and they accumulate causing problems. I don't fancy the side effects. Even though they probably do provide some benefit in terms of plaque stabilisation.

A1C went up a little, still OK but just entering the borderline zone, so will focus on keeping than down. Going on and off statins really messes with the blood sugar levels.

My blood pressure is textbook. Brachial Ankle Index is excellent which is an indicator of lack of peripheral vascular disease. No knowing for certain of course if that means you've no arterial plaque issues elsewhere but it is an indicator that you risk is low. Perhaps a benefit of higher HDL due to a lifetime habit of keeping fit and strong.

I have another test as part of the annual diabetes check up in January, so I'll see how things look then and make a decision based on that.
I was having some issues with statins but switched to taking them every other day. I've had no issues since.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
FBG - 7.1

I've been away and I didnt take my meter - i'm glad I didnt.
Travelodge Friday eve with absolutely nowhere to eat or buy food. Just went to the pub and ate a couple of bags of nuts ,,, and drank beer :-(
Saturday morning breakfast was a bacon bap (best thing available) before the stupidly hot, mega hilly 16 mile walk I had entered. The only things on offer at check points were biscuits and cakes. Luckily I had a few nuts and some dried fruit, and protein bar in my bag (that's my emergency walking food) which was sufficient to get around.
Then, at the end, I succumbed to a cold pint of San Miguel at the pub adjacent to the finish venue. Hopefully back on it today, but I'm marshalling a challenge walk checkpoint on the canal - more carbs on offer ... I promise to be strong.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Great stuff AGC_68. I too had my results on Friday before I went away. I already knew my Hba1c was at 50 (same as the last checkup 15 months ago) Total Cholesterol was down a bit but still high. HDL good though but TriG out of range for the first time. On the spot blood pressure was too high, but I showed them my last 2 weeks BP taken first thing in the morning and just before bed (ave 119/76 am and 119/70 pm) and the nurse relaxed. Also showed them that over 2 weeks my FBG trend line had reduced by 1%. This forum has been great for focussing my attention on getting the numbers heading back towards pre-diabetic ranges - thanks guys.

D

Deleted member 371625

Friday 12/8
FBG (05.30) 4.3

Breakfast (5.30 am): Porridge (almond milk), nectarine, raspberries, pecans {272 Cal / 37.9g Carbs}
.................................2.5 km jog to the gym
.................................rowing machine (8 x 500m sprints, 30 sec rests)
.................................5.5 km run home [27 min 37 sec], 6 sec over PB, good

Lunch (12pm): Three bean & chilli soup {115 Cal / 19.2g Carbs}
Fig & green bean salad {208 Cal / 20.0g Carbs}
Plum, strawberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {124 Cal / 9.9g Carbs}

Dinner (5.30pm): Out for dinner, Tapas type food, small portions, values estimated
Aubergine hummus / Lamb flatbread with broad bean salsa /
Sicilian stuffed sardines / Orange & fennel salad / Almond & raspberry panna cotta
Prosecco (1 glass) / Malbec (2 glasses) / Amaro (1 glass) {901 Cal / 44.9g Carbs}

6 cups of coffee (3 of them decaf)
Great to get a good coffee when we got home.

Calories 1671
Carbs 139.8g
Protein 53.0g
Fat 46.8g (Sat Fat 9.8g / Trans fats 0.1g)

Saturday 13/8
FBG (05.30) Not measured today
No formal exercise today but at the allotment most of the day

Breakfast (7.30 am): Porridge (almond milk), plum, blueberries, walnuts {271 Cal / 37.2g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Scrambled eggs on toast {307 Cal / 26.0g Carbs}
Nectarine, raspberries, yoghurt, pecans {126 Cal / 11.4g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Cafe with friends
Coffee & cannolis {219 Cal / 29.3g Carbs}
Can't help thinking of the line from The Godfather "Leave the gun, take the cannolis".

Dinner (6.30pm): Breaded cod, fries, baked beans {477 Cal / 44.5g Carbs}
Peach, strawberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {132 Cal / 11.6g Carbs}

5 cups of coffee (3 of them decaf)

Calories 1574
Carbs 166.6g
Protein 70.5g
Fat 61.3g (Sat Fat 14.1g / Trans fats 0.3g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like a recipe, please just ask

AGC_68

I was having some issues with statins but switched to taking them every other day. I've had no issues since.
I tried the same mate .. in fact I was cutting the tablets in half and taking just 5 mg 3 times a week. Still it would accumulate and the symptoms just continued to get worse and worse. My liver was in real pain, I could feel it mapped out, any sudden movements, contact, stretching all gave me pain. That's not good, on top of that the muscle pain and fatigue was getting out of hand and my blood glucose was going up significantly. My genetics just don't tolerate them. So I have to listen to my body, their benefits I would like, but not at the cost that they are extracting. I'm the guy who gets all the complications they say are rare for statins in the small print. C'est la vie.

AGC_68

This morning's FBG: 5.8

Yesteday's food:
B: skipped
L: Tuna salad: 1 tin of no drain tuna steak in rapeseed oil, with: garlic, finely chopped broccoli, rocket leaves, red salad onions, sweetcorn, fresh red chillies, tahini,, salt, cumin, pepper and lemon juice, pomegranate seeds. Loving this on a hot day!
Afternoon Snack: none
D: Huel Black chocolate flavour + protein powder + almond flavouring + cocoa nibs
AD: Berries, yoghurt, protein powder and peanut butter

Yesterday's Activity:
Steps: ~5000

Lunchtime walk - none, too hot!

Workout:
4 times around the circuit below, no rest during a circuit, minimal rest between circuits:

• 25 x 12 left jab + right cross punch combos
  • 25 x squat rising into high front snap kick - alternating left and right side
  • 25 x burpees

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning's FBG: 5.8

Yesteday's food:
L: Tuna salad: 1 tin of no drain tuna steak in rapeseed oil, with: garlic, finely chopped broccoli, rocket leaves, red salad onions, sweetcorn, fresh red chillies, tahini,, salt, cumin, pepper and lemon juice, pomegranate seeds. Loving this on a hot day!
Afternoon Snack: none
D: Huel Black chocolate flavour + protein powder + almond flavouring + cocoa nibs
AD: Berries, yoghurt, protein powder and peanut butter

Yesterday's Activity:

Lunchtime walk - none, too hot!

Workout:
4 times around the circuit below, no rest during a circuit, minimal rest between circuits:

• 25 x 12 left jab + right cross punch combos
  • 25 x squat rising into high front snap kick - alternating left and right side
  • 25 x burpees
Great FBG, food & exercise, 100 burpees in yesterdays heat, you’re more of a nutter than me
So want to do the barbell deadlifts &. burpees over the bar workout but far too hot
1 of each, 2etc put to 10 & back down again

AGC_68

Great FBG, food & exercise, 100 burpees in yesterdays heat, you’re more of a nutter than me
So want to do the barbell deadlifts &. burpees over the bar workout but far too hot
1 of each, 2etc put to 10 & back down again
LOL I did the Burpees workout in the coolest room in the house in front of a fan on full blast. Still drenched with sweat at the end of it.
I can't believe you did 15 + miles on the bike in this heat yesterday! Actually I can, you are also a nutter.. bloody good going!

D

Deleted member 371625

Sunday 14/8
FBG (05.30) 4.4

Breakfast (5.30 am): Porridge (almond milk), apricot, raspberries, pecans {274 Cal / 37.3g Carbs}
.................................1 km jog to the gym
.................................rowing machine (8 x 500m sprints, 30 sec rests)
.................................5.5 km run home [27 min 58 sec], 27 sec over PB, good

Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast, lemon curd {116 Cal / 17.5g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Picnic lunch, tidy up day at the allotment so there were a few of us.
Beetroot & goats cheese loaf / Lancashire cheese, crackers, courgette & plum chutney/
Courgette & lemon curd cake/ Santa Claus melon {632 Cal / 68.8g Carbs}
Quite high in carbs, but working hard on a hot day, probably needed it.

BG (6pm) 4.3
Dinner (5.30pm): Thai green curry (prawn, cashew & green vegetables), jasmine rice {628 Cal / 55.6g Carbs}
Loganberries, blackberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {133 Cal / 10.9g Carbs}
Berries were wild

Calories 1825
Carbs 196.7g
Protein 75.4g
Fat 74.6g (Sat Fat 19.6g / Trans fats 0.6g)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG
Libre 5.5
Contour 4.9
B/home roast ham, cheese string, benecol drinking yogurt
B/ eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes
Ll/ celery peanut butter, fresh coconut, strawberries
D/ sirloin steak, salad, walnuts & pomegranate seeds on top
Exercise
5 minutes testing the rowing machine out
Steps 11,416
Spent the day clearing out the outbuildings, enough wood chopped & stored to last a couple of months

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
FBG – 6.1

B – 2 egg cheese omelette with leaves and mushrooms
Snack –
L – small bites of quiche, onion bhajee, mini samosa whilst on marshalling duty then pint of beer and small slice of cheese watching the cricket whilst walking home
Snack –
D – garlic chicken with white cabbage & onion stirfry
Supper –

Ex – 2hr walk to/from marshalling duty/pub/cricket , post dinner fast stair-climbing (10x 2 flights = 260 steps)

AGC_68

FBG
Libre 5.5
Contour 4.9
B/home roast ham, cheese string, benecol drinking yogurt
B/ eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes
Ll/ celery peanut butter, fresh coconut, strawberries
D/ sirloin steak, salad, walnuts & pomegranate seeds on top
Exercise
5 minutes testing the rowing machine out
Steps 11,416
Spent the day clearing out the outbuildings, enough wood chopped & stored to last a couple of months
How's the rower? In good nick? :)

AGC_68

This morning's FBG: 6.1

Yesteday's food:
L: Tuna salad: 1 tin of no drain tuna steak in rapeseed oil, with: garlic, finely chopped broccoli, rocket leaves, red salad onions, sweetcorn, fresh red chillies, tahini,, salt, cumin, pepper and lemon juice, pomegranate seeds. I am definitely NOT going to be having this again today! Or am I? LOL
Afternoon Snack: Berries, yoghurt, protein powder and peanut butter
D: Huel Black vanilla flavour + protein powder + almond flavouring + cocoa nibs
AD: Choc protein pudding

Yesterday's Activity:
Gardening ~ 1 hour
Lunchtime walk - none, too hot and muggy!

Workout:

• 20 x kettlebell swings (32 kg kettlebell)
  • 50 x push ups
  • 10 bent over rows 5 L, 5R (32 kg kettlebell)
  • 50 split squats, 25L, 25R
Hard work in the heat.

AGC_68

FBG – 6.1

B – 2 egg cheese omelette with leaves and mushrooms
Snack –
L – small bites of quiche, onion bhajee, mini samosa whilst on marshalling duty then pint of beer and small slice of cheese watching the cricket whilst walking home
Snack –
D – garlic chicken with white cabbage & onion stirfry
Supper –

Ex – 2hr walk to/from marshalling duty/pub/cricket , post dinner fast stair-climbing (10x 2 flights = 260 steps)
Good going mate .. that's a lot of walking in this heat!

AGC_68

Sunday 14/8
FBG (05.30) 4.4

Breakfast (5.30 am): Porridge (almond milk), apricot, raspberries, pecans {274 Cal / 37.3g Carbs}
.................................1 km jog to the gym
.................................5.5 km run home [27 min 58 sec], 27 sec over PB, good

Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast, lemon curd {116 Cal / 17.5g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Picnic lunch, tidy up day at the allotment so there were a few of us.
Beetroot & goats cheese loaf / Lancashire cheese, crackers, courgette & plum chutney/
Courgette & lemon curd cake/ Santa Claus melon {632 Cal / 68.8g Carbs}
Quite high in carbs, but working hard on a hot day, probably needed it.

BG (6pm) 4.3
Dinner (5.30pm): Thai green curry (prawn, cashew & green vegetables), jasmine rice {628 Cal / 55.6g Carbs}
Loganberries, blackberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {133 Cal / 10.9g Carbs}
Berries were wild

Calories 1825
Carbs 196.7g
Protein 75.4g
Fat 74.6g (Sat Fat 19.6g / Trans fats 0.6g)

This day will go down in infamy among the surviving courgettes down at the allotment!
I think I'll try getting in a run in the mornings, see if I can get my FBG a bit lower in this heat.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning's FBG: 6.1

Yesteday's food:
L: Tuna salad: 1 tin of no drain tuna steak in rapeseed oil, with: garlic, finely chopped broccoli, rocket leaves, red salad onions, sweetcorn, fresh red chillies, tahini,, salt, cumin, pepper and lemon juice, pomegranate seeds. I am definitely NOT going to be having this again today! Or am I? LOL
Afternoon Snack: Berries, yoghurt, protein powder and peanut butter
D: Huel Black vanilla flavour + protein powder + almond flavouring + cocoa nibs
AD: Choc protein pudding

Yesterday's Activity:
Gardening ~ 1 hour
Lunchtime walk - none, too hot and muggy!

Workout:

• 20 x kettlebell swings (32 kg kettlebell)
  • 50 x push ups
  • 10 bent over rows 5 L, 5R (32 kg kettlebell)
  • 50 split squats, 25L, 25R
Hard work in the heat.
Great FBG & workout, 200 push-ups in that heat….
Rower is good, now set up next to my treadmill,
Lat pull down pb this morning 42.5kg only 6.kg to go & I’m up to body weight

AGC_68

Great FBG & workout, 200 push-ups in that heat….
Rower is good, now set up next to my treadmill,
Lat pull down pb this morning 42.5kg only 6.kg to go & I’m up to body weight
Wow!!
That's impressive!
Pulling your own bodyweight means not only are you strong, but you're structural integrity is good too! That's good anti-aging security!!

D

Deleted member 371625

This day will go down in infamy among the surviving courgettes down at the allotment!
I think I'll try getting in a run in the mornings, see if I can get my FBG a bit lower in this heat.
We do have a glut at the moment, beans will be next, then squashes. It is always challenging coming up with new ways to use stuff, though that is part of the fun. We had courgette martinis last year! Not a strong flavour but quite refreshing.
PS. I'm starting to think that the courgettes are ganging up on us though, every time I go over there are more of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT