Forum ideas

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Administrator said:
Hobs, thanks for letting us know. Didn't realise it was so simple, we've installed 8 more smilies.

:thumbup:

If there are any more you'd like us to add, just ping us the link on here and we'll install it. Also, if you know of any thumbs up modules for phpbb3, we'd happily take a look as we couldn't find anything that was 90%+ right for the forum.

illest - last time you asked for a forum update, the forum went down! :think:

What we have now should cover most posting situations and thanks for the provision; but if you have any questions about your forum engine, somewhere in the Admin Index intro script should be an active link to the group 'support forum' and I'm sure they'll have answers for all your requirements or know where they can be found.

Helenababe

What about my suggestion I put forward about having a few smilies under Quick Reply?

Is the Thumbs up' to thank people for their posts?

Helena

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hobs: yep, we're part of the phpbb community - just thought that if you could help too, that'd be great!

Ann: double yep - we'll get some Christmas smilies in as soon as we find them (probably Mon/Tues)

Helena: not sure whether we can get the smilies in the Quick Reply, but I'll have a look and if we can, we'll do it. What issues to do you have with Quick Reply on your phones?

We're looking at 2 avenues for the forum on the move:

1. App for the forum AND
2. Mobile skin so it's easier to navigate on your phone!

Helenababe

I don't know why it is. I've never experienced this problem before. If I do a very short quick reply, a few sentences, it will go through, but if I do a longer one, it won't. I submit it, and think it's been posted but when I look, it isn't there.
I keep pressing my back button which takes me back to my message, but it doesn't matter how many times I press submit, it won't go through.

Helena.

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ann: double yep - we'll get some Christmas smilies in as soon as we find them (probably Mon/Tues)

Great! :thumbup: Thanks.

Ann

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Here's some Christmas emotes if they are any use.

0e79c59d.gif

987d846f.gif

92f4661f.gif

xmaswreath.gif

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
These are from an Italian forum I use, I like the Christmas emoticons.

natale4.gif

natale6.gif

natale7.gif

albero2.gif

camino.gif

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all

We added smilies and BBcode to the quick reply box - please let us know if anything crazy happens!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
bbcode is just the protocol used to make things work behind the scenes on this forum, like a sort of programming language if you like. It enables we the members to post pics and URL's to other web sites that sort of thing.

Nothing we really need to know about from a members point of view other than how to click the

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sid is absolutely right - BBCode are the buttons above the quick reply or message box where you can add a quite, make fonts bold, italics, etc.

:thumbup:

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just having a look at the pages, when your in a thread reading I have to go back to the forum main page to access the 'View New Posts.'

Would it be possible to edit this and have a link up at the top possibly beside the 'View Your Posts' link?

Sorry if this has already been covered. This is an extensive thread!

Helenababe

Administrator said:
Hi all

We added smilies and BBcode to the quick reply box - please let us know if anything crazy happens!
Thanks. It's made it alot better now, and easier and quicker for mobile users. :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
ill3st said:
Just having a look at the pages, when your in a thread reading I have to go back to the forum main page to access the 'View New Posts.'

Would it be possible to edit this and have a link up at the top possibly beside the 'View Your Posts' link?

Sorry if this has already been covered. This is an extensive thread!

What I do is simply use the back button on my browser, and if I have edited a post a few times and have moved forward 4, 5 or 6 pages then I right click the back button and simply select the page I want to return to and jump back as many pages as I like :D

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey ill3st - do you mean a view new posts link or view your posts link?

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with ill3st.

I think it would be a good idea to have a link to "view new posts"-maybe on the same line as "user control panel" and "view your posts" links. Would save having to keep going back to board index to view new posts.

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Administrator said:
Hey ill3st - do you mean a view new posts link or view your posts link?

To view new post chief. Alongside the View my posts link.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
All new posts will appear by definition in 'View Active Topics' thats where I always go first when I I load the forum and then just work my way down the list of todays and yesterdays posts back to where I have already read them. :D