Go Fish? Back-up Plan

HR-Guy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My backup plan just in case time is limited and I am starving is tinned yellow fish tuna or herring. Some weeks I must admit I will eat this three to four times over a seven day period. What is your back-up plan for a quick go to meal or snack? Just looking for some ideas to keep life a bit more interesting.

Thanks

Reactions: Prem51 and briped

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A quick meal? Scramble 2 x eggs in the microwave, whilst a slice of HiLo bread toasts in the toaster straight from the freezer. Takes around three minutes

Reactions: hankjam

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4 egg omelette does it for me, cheese, salt and pepper on a hot plate.
:)

Reactions: VikingMermaid

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Salami and cheese
Bag of pork crackling
Smoked salmon and cream cheese

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always freeze my leftover meat from meals sonic I'm in a hurry or feeling lazy I just reheat and eat.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Cold meat such as corned beef, sometimes ham and egg, But never Spam, I also like tinned fish such as pilchards or mackerel I often have tinned mackerel or pilchards with scrambled egg .

D

Deleted member 308541

I don’t think that’s possible
0y4h3.gif

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold meat such as corned beef, sometimes ham and egg, But never Spam, I also like tinned fish such as pilchards or mackerel I often have tinned mackerel or pilchards with scrambled egg .
Man after my own heart here John! We could shop in bulk.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I usually have a couple of hard boiled eggs in the fridge, I can eat them alone or add some mayo/salad cream for a sandwich.
I also keep some tinned salmon in cupboard, again to make a sandwich with mayo.
Avocados and cooked chicken drumsticks are good too.

Last edited:

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I keep a bag good quality pork scratchings in the car for long journeys.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I love pork scratching's - just cannot always purchase them but is about the only thing I really enjoy. I snack on nuts whilst at work. When in need of something for a dessert - a cream filled eclair - I peel off the paste/chocolate and eat it - on occasions I use some sugar free chocolate melted and spoon on top then chill in fridge. I needed a 'sweet' treat that did not pack too high a punch.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love pork scratching's - just cannot always purchase them but is about the only thing I really enjoy. I snack on nuts whilst at work. When in need of something for a dessert - a cream filled eclair - I peel off the paste/chocolate and eat it - on occasions I use some sugar free chocolate melted and spoon on top then chill in fridge. I needed a 'sweet' treat that did not pack too high a punch.
Places, like Amazon will often be able to deliver in bulk, for example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pub-Origin...8467055&sr=8-2&keywords=pork+scratchings+bulk

I'm not suggesting that particular brand, just showing an example of how you might be able to keep a stock in.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Hotpepper, I love olives, I think I eat too many at times.
I am uncertain how carborific olives are. The jars of green olives in brine that I buy say 0g carb per 100g, but many carb counting sites give them many more carbs than that. I believe 0 per 100 could mean 0.9, but that is still pretty low. What do other olive eaters think?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I prefer pitted black olives, usually with a glass or two of wine. The carb content is low, and counterbalanced by the dietary fibre.

Screenshot 2018-06-09 at 06.32.36.png

Reactions: Alison Campbell