Is this forum proving useful?

Thirsty

deadwood, all anyone is trying to say here is that low-carbing isn't the only option.

That's not too difficult to understand, is it?

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
deadwood it isnt called the high carb forum ,its called the non low carb forum.and if you dont see the point of this forum why do you keep posting on it.personally if it shows that there is an alternative to low carbing then surely it is worthwhile.just imagine if someone new came on and saw that the only way was low carb and they couldnt do it then how would they feel then.

deadwood2

Ahem. Whilst I stand by most (if not all) of what I've said in this forum, I have in fact missed a fairly large development. Namely people talking about alternatives to lo-carb.

To those offended, I apologise.

When I've caught up I may chip in again.

leadingjo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
diabetes
I used to read this forum a lot but sadly I no longer do there is far to much verbal aggression on here, its great to hear different points of view. I am in deep trouble with my diabetes, it confuses me now where to post. Surely everyone can get on and try to help others with their sucsesses. Most of us are not medically trained but your story may be the one that may help. It seems sad that with so many helpful people on here that people feel unable to express themselves

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi leadingjo,

I believe that all the verbal aggression stems from people being passionate. Anyone who brings hostility into a place like this isn't welcome. In the last few weeks this particular area of the forum has been developing well. If we can make it clearer where you should post, please express how. We've tried to set it up so newcomers have a clear area, as do those with particular questions, as do those who low-carb, as do those who do not low carb. Welcome any suggestions,

Good luck with your diabetes,

Admin

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Admin, I think there is a serious problem with having two separate boards, and if I may I wil tell you why I believe that.

I have just read the thread "friends trying to talk me out of low carbing " on the low carb board. The original poster was basically saying that their friends had tried to talk them out of low carbing. It will come as no surprise that the low carb posters all popped up in defence of the Bernstein - Atkins dieting approach. So the poster finally says thanks to everyone for confirming that they are doing the right thing :?

With no 'non low carbers' allowed to post to the thread it is no wonder that no one said it may not be the right diet for them. The poster also said that their friends suggested that they were being "brainwashed" by this forum, no wonder when alternative views are banned from a particular board.

So the low carb brainwashing continues unquestioned now that no one is allowed to offer an opinion unless they are in the -50g of carbs club. Does this not now start to look a little sinister?

If you are really unbiased I believe you should scrap this us and them mentality and just have the one rule. Don't say anything to anyone on the forum that you wouldn't say to their face.
If you disagree with something say so, but just dont get personal..........Simple really and no one can say anything about brainwashing. Forums are for debate - NOT CENSORSHIP

Of course the above is just the opinion of someone who eats an average of 90g carbs a day who really couldn't care less what others eat but who really hates being banned from a board because he doesn't share the same opinions as some others....................

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sid.

Take a look in Diabetes Discussions. You can talk there to your hearts content. That's where that thread is now with a new title. So no one gets banned for posting in the wrong place. However, forum rules still apply. :D

Ken.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ken,
I think that Sid has a valid point I have been very frustrated recently to read claims that can't be challenged as they are in the 'wrong' forum. The only way of doing it is some sort of cross forum posting.It also exacerbates differences. This is a shame since on most things there would (and should) be agreement.
You yourself suggested that your improved eyesight was due to cutting carbs, I would maintain that it was to do with improved glycemic control, rather than any particular type of diet and would have pointed that out. Incidently, I had a similar experience.The improvement in my case was obviously because I adopted a 'low GI', 'Mediterranean', 'balanced', 'non refined' diet:wink:
I also agree with Sid that the majority of problems are caused when people attack or mock another person and/or their arguments. Postings from people who do this should be moderated and consistent perpetrators banned.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Phoenix.

Any claim can be challenged, you could post it here or elsewhere, just not in the low carb forum.

I was already on a low GI diet for some time before coming here as I had read up about it. My eyesight during that time remained static. It was only after a while on a reduced cabohydrate addition to my diet that my eyesight began to improve. My Optician now is of the opinion that reducing my Bg levels is the main reason for the improvement. That reduction came about with my combi diet, so you may be right and then again I may be ? I know what I believe. Who knows ? :D

I consider my diet balanced too.

Ken.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How did you answer that quickly???
I hadn't finished editing :!:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
I'm quick on the draw. :lol:

Yes. I totally agree. Abuse of fellow members is not on. However, neither is abuse of Moderators. We have feelings too. :D

Ken.