Keto Meal Recipes

Gazza90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I'm a Newbie to this group so apologies if there is an obvious place for this question.

I've started following the "Keto Plan" and I'm happy enough in what I can and cannot eat, and roughly in what proportions.

Over two weeks my bloods have stabilised from round 8.00 to around 5.50 mmol/L, and I've lost around 4kg. So very happy with this start.:cool:

What I'm short of is some recipes for meals. I'm just getting a little bored with my variations on egg and bacon, but did find a really good desert - 3 ingredient coconut macroons ...... (as a newbie I can't paste a link, so if interested just Google the description)

So any help gladly accepted. G

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm a Newbie to this group so apologies if there is an obvious place for this question.

I've started following the "Keto Plan" and I'm happy enough in what I can and cannot eat, and roughly in what proportions.

Over two weeks my bloods have stabilised from round 8.00 to around 5.50 mmol/L, and I've lost around 4kg. So very happy with this start.:cool:

What I'm short of is some recipes for meals. I'm just getting a little bored with my variations on egg and bacon, but did find a really good desert - 3 ingredient coconut macroons ...... (as a newbie I can't paste a link, so if interested just Google the description)

So any help gladly accepted. G
Hi @Gazza90 ,

Excellent start! But yes, just bacon and eggs aren't going to get you very far, it gets boring fast. ;) Some ideas here, though not exact recipes: https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html , and you might want to check out dietdoctor.com. No need to get a paid membership, lots of information on there is free, and they have suitable things for just about anything.

Love macaroons by the way, but I'm just getting a load of "sweetened condensed milk" ones, and I'm guessing those are not the one you're talking about. Keep posting, so you can link eventually, haha. :) Anyway, hope the above helps...!
Good luck,
Jo

Reactions: Gazza90

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Gazza90 ,

Excellent start! But yes, just bacon and eggs aren't going to get you very far, it gets boring fast. ;) Some ideas here, though not exact recipes: https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html , and you might want to check out dietdoctor.com. No need to get a paid membership, lots of information on there is free, and they have suitable things for just about anything.

Love macaroons by the way, but I'm just getting a load of "sweetened condensed milk" ones, and I'm guessing those are not the one you're talking about. Keep posting, so you can link eventually, haha. :) Anyway, hope the above helps...!
Good luck,
Jo
Hi Jo,

I just converted my Mum's (high sugar normal ones) 125g chosen granulated sweeter (I use erythritol) 150g unsweetened desiccated coconut, 1 egg. Bake 150 C 40 minutes (non fan oven)

• Useful
Reactions: JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jo,

I just converted my Mum's (high sugar normal ones) 125g chosen granulated sweeter (I use erythritol) 150g unsweetened desiccated coconut, 1 egg. Bake 150 C 40 minutes (non fan oven)
That sounds like something I could actually pull off...! Thanks, will give those a go!

Reactions: Gazza90

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What I'm short of is some recipes for meals. I'm just getting a little bored with my variations on egg and bacon
Hi @Gazza90 , welcome to the forum.
You might like to have a look at this thread where we share our low carb meals: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today-low-carb-forum.75781/page-2904.
The level of low carb varies between people so not everything you'll see there is suitable for keto levels of low carb, but there's a lot of inspiration to be found.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Gazza90
Google anything you'd like to make but put keto in front of it and someone somewhere has probably done it. Do be careful though as definitions of keto vary. Be wary too of sugar substitutes, they can be useful but can be laxative, chemical and expensive and keep your sweet tooth active.

I bake low carb cakes in a 7" square tin, cut into 16 pieces and freeze. Early days I'd have one a day, now 3.5 years in, I forget they are the freezer for weeks at a time

• Friendly
Reactions: Grandma Misti

W&D's Nana

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jo,

I just made some using your recipe. They wouldn't hold together so I added an extra egg and should of checked them earlier than the 40 minutes as they turned out quite brown. Tasty but dry. Here in Canada I'm used to a very moist macaroon so maybe they aren't the same in every country.