ketones sticks

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The tub that your Ketostix comes in should have a colour coded scale which will tell you the levels.

Ken

sallywally

hi thanks but i alreddy looked at that and there was no grey cour on the scale pinks leading to purples,any surguestions? ta :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Not sure as my tub doesn't have a grey colour.

One suggestion is are they out of date......have they been stored properly ?

Another suggestion is that it wasn't used as per instructions and that maybe it had been left too long before comparing the colour. On Ketostix brand (Bayer) strips you have to match the colour at exactly 15 SECONDS, then the colour will gradually change after the comparison has been made as it gradually degrades, but I honestly can't remember what colour the strip eventually ends up as ......... :?:

I have conducted a test myself and found that the colour after fifteen minutes was almost the same as at 15 seconds. Maybe a phone call to the manufacturers if they are in date and you did everything right would explain what the problem, if any, is.

The things we do in the name of Forum Research............ :oops: :wink: :lol:

Ken

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
sallywally said:
hi thanks but i alreddy looked at that and there was no grey cour on the scale pinks leading to purples,any surguestions? ta :)

Can't help you with the grey colour I'm afraid, I would say the strips are past their use by date.

The Ketostix once opened should be used within 6 months or thrown away, it says this on the box/container. I once asked my dsn about using these strips beyond this time, but was told that they may give a false reading so best to disregard after the 6 months has expired.

What I do is to write on the box the date I first opened them, this way I know when the 6 months is up.

Nigel

paulmartin483

sallywally said:

I thought that there was exipary date was gone away then You will also suffer this issue. It was create certain limit that after six months gone away then It was not sufficient for use daily.