Lost a stone in six weeks

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
On a low carb diet from the natural ketosis company. I just cut out all starches and sugars, eat eggs or sausages for breakfast a low carb soup for lunch and a low carb stew or curry with veg for dinner. You can snack on unlimited pure protein (meat/eggs/fish), plus have 40g cheese per day, a handful of berries and two spoons of plain yogurt or cream.

Its worked really well, one stone down and one more to go.

Gonna be doing low carb maintenance over christmas to hold my weight steady until I get ready to go again in the new year, avoid all starches but allow myself a little more food.

I recommend this diet to anyone particularly if you're carb sensitive / insulin resistant. Its not the cheapest but it's worth it!

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Go You :thumbup: Well done that stone slimmer person.

At some point try to learn to incorporate low carb eating into a normal diet. You cant stay on an expensive "programme" for ever, and as soon as you stop, back come the pounds. Been there.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
don't understand why your paying a company to do this diet? Ive been low carbing for a few months and have lost 3 stone. I eat similar to what you have described, cooking things myself, ie homemade butternut squash this week for lunch. Tend to have a home made curry with veg or meat with veg for tea, like you snack on meat eggs or fish. I have done all this with only the help and advice on this forum. The company you mention sound like a waste of money to me.

If its the time of preparing your own food that is the issue then cook in batches. I make a curry and then freeze it in portions. Likewise I make a soup on Sunday which does all my lunches for the week. I also make up Sugarfree jelly for my lunches I find 1 packet made up to a pint does me 5 nice sized portions.

You don't need to pay some company to be able to low carb. If you have a look around the Low carb section of the forum you will find loads of help and advice and recipes.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
congratulations the_anticarb :clap:

Keep up the good work, anything that helps you loose weight and control your diabetes is great :thumbup:

WhitbyJet

anit-carb - as others have said, you could do this a whole lot cheaper but you probably have your reasons for doing things your way.
Well done on losing so much weight in 6 weeks, :clap: :clap: , I am thrilled for you, things going in the right direction for you at long last and long may it continue that way x x

I have been type two for about 5 years or so and my doctor has been great in his support. I lead a very sedentry lifestyle, mainly because of my job and I also do a lot of voluntary work. My fav sports are tennis and table tennis although I rarely play. I am encouraged to hear about the low-carb diet and its positive impact. In truth I have struggles to demystify what low-carb actually means and it is great to see actual foods - I tend to have half a toasted bagel in the morning and a cup of tea, followed by a 500 calorie meal at lunch (today I had a innocent carib veggie) and tonight will prob have a curry. My weight is 92kg and I am only about 5ft 4". I would love to get back to 78kg which I was about 2 years ago...

My doc mentioned the gastric band to me last time I saw him and I am tempted to do this. Diet and exercise would erase the need to even consider a band but I am really struggling. My Hb1 reading was 7.3 last time out.

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Do not confuse carbs and calories. A low carb diet can be quite high in calories. Most people will still lose weight.
Even half a bagel is probably too carby, try something low carb like scrambled eggs or a cheese omelette (no toast) for breakfast. I personally cannot take heavy food at breakfast so I eat a pot of alpro plain yoghurt, with sweetener and a bit of fruit (a BIT) that is 10g of carb.
At lunch try oat bakes (5.5g of carb each) with a low carb topping, like goats cheese and olives, or a good pate.
Evening meal avoid rice, potatoes, chips etc. Here is a tip, boiled mashed cauiliflower looks like mashed potatoes, and tastes not dissimilar, and will make a good substitue for rice with a home made curry, but the carb content is quite low.
Snacks try an occasional milky drink, quite filling, and soya milk is very light in carbs.
If you like wine, a glass of red wine with your evening meal may be beneficial for a Type2

If you do a search on this site for good books to help you, you will find a lot of information out there