low carb breakfast

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey guys is there any low carb breakfast that you guys can reccomend that has minimal affect on blood sugars thanks.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anything consisting of meat, cheese, eggs, plain yoghurt or vegetables?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I had 2 meals today, my breakfast was spare ribs with strong cheese. Breakfast does not need to be conventional, either in time (12.00 today) or type of food. 25 years ago I was in Romania on business and the hotel I was in had meats available for breakfast - I get it now.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How about a couple of good quality sausages and mushrooms?

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
In addition to what has already been suggested - omlettes with cheese or with smoked salmon and you could add a tomato too.

D

Deleted member 308541

Mine is a three egg, cheese, and mushroom omelette with bacon, and what ever other goodness i can put in the frying pan to reheat,

Reactions: porl69

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could have

Eggs
A pork of beef sausage, the luxury ones with 95% meat, theres about 1g carb per sausage, just eat 1 of them
Mushrooms
Cheese

Ronnie_dog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have chia seed pudding. I mix a tin of full fat coconut milk with 3 heaped dessert spoons of chia seeds, dessert spoon of cinnamon, dessert spoon of ginger, 3 scoops collagen powder and a big handful of mixed seeds. Mix well and leave in fridge overnight. This is good for 3 breakfasts. I serve with say 8-10 blueberries (or low sugar fruit of choice) and a dollop of cream (but a good full fat, natural yoghurt would do).

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My favourite is coconut ‘porridge’, not real porridge, not a grain in sight. I eat it with 3 or 4 strawberries and cream everyday. Total of 7g carbs per portion:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge
Just looked at the recipe is the psyllium husk necessary because I do not know what that is or what it does, also I have never seen coconut cream in the shops so can that be coconut milk instead

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just looked at the recipe is the psyllium husk necessary because I do not know what that is or what it does, also I have never seen coconut cream in the shops so can that be coconut milk instead

Here’s an article about psyllium husk:
https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/the-core/what-are-psyllium-husks/
In this particular recipe it helps thicken the ‘porridge’ along with the egg. I think that using coconut milk instead of cream wouldn’t help with it thickening either and of course would affect the carb count. I can only get the coconut cream in Waitrose.
https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/the-core/what-are-psyllium-husks/

Reactions: Pinkorchid

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
i have greek yoghurt (not the low fat one) with some seeds or nuts and a few blueberrys

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a big bag of psyllium husk flour from amazon - along with smaller amount of soy flour, another large bag of coconut flour - the psyllium changes colour when cooked - turns things purple, which is fun. It can be got whole - I used to add it to salads as trying to drink it proved problematic. mayonnaise is a far more successful medium to ensure consumption.
Chia seed both whole and milled from Lidl also milled super seed mix, but those are not for breakfast but baked things to eat later in the day when they have less effect.
Breakfast is far more carnivorous.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got a big bag of psyllium husk flour from amazon - along with smaller amount of soy flour, another large bag of coconut flour - the psyllium changes colour when cooked - turns things purple, which is fun...

I’ve heard it turns things purple but mine never has!

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Choc chia seed pud made with 150?ml almond milk, 20g chia seeds and some cocoa powder.
I add a dollop of nut butter to it. It is very portable and can be made the night before.
I can alos 2nd the coconut milk porridge plan!
Sometimes I just eat some nut butter with black coffee and that's enough.