PR SUCCESSES - GETTING THE WORD OUT THAT LCHF IS THE BEST DIET TO HELP TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh thank you! That's really helpful.

I love the sound of your walking group too. Apparently tried in my surgery but not so successful. Ages ago I think so worth trying to get another off the ground. Will put out the feelers at my next PPG. Thanks again.
You might need to register as a ‘not for profit organisation’ @Debandez . That would involve having a small group who adopt an approved constitution. Sounds ominous, but really isn’t that difficult. Need like minded people to get together and form such a group. There are pockets of money available in smallish grants, some from local health purposes, but most have fairly strict criteria.
A small group I was involved in several years ago managed to get enough to start an exercise group, specifically for people with difficulties accessing sport centres. It was a Community Health Grant.
Useful resources:
https://www.dsc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Look-inside-DGMT-2020-21.pdf
https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-conte...uidelines-for-community-grant-applicants-.pdf
https://www.grantsonline.org.uk/?gc...BaoppVlBfe_2fs-gxpnDj1vrwWeZg7uEaArHWEALw_wcB

Best of luck

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Love that your gp is rolling out low carb. By this is it by giving out my leaflet or something more?
My go to GP isn’t the one that I see at PPG meetings and isnt the lead Diabetes GP at my surgery. But he did introduce them all at tge surgery to the benefits of LCHF as a solution to T2, a couple of years back so they all know about it. It’s just that I am not sure they all sing from the same him sheet on it. My go to GP has a close relative at the Southport surgery, you see.

So it as if there is still work to be done at my surgery, a sort of mopping up job, if you will, pockets of resistance :D

I am hoping my surgery, as opposed to the other one, sets in place a similar Administrator to help push things along like the one you met a couple of months back.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going to try for some sort of funding. Up to now everything I've done has been out of my own pocket, which I dont mind. It's an amazing cause. But I want to say yes to everything and wont be able to without. So just looking into that currently.

Totally agree.

BTW, I would like to be there at the Event. Do you have a better idea of when you will be speaking as I couldn’t be there from start to finish. I can get to the Blackpool Tower in about 20 minutes if the traffic is favourable. Plus parking time :)

And whats the situation about getting in?

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree.

BTW, I would like to be there at the Event. Do you have a better idea of when you will be speaking as I couldn’t be there from start to finish. I can get to the Blackpool Tower in about 20 minutes if the traffic is favourable. Plus parking time :)

And whats the situation about getting in?
Well I dont have a scooby doo at the mo but Tony the organiser will be getting in touch shortly to discuss and as soon as he does I will plaster it all over as usual :)

Brilliant you can come. If you park in sainsbury's it's free for 3 hours. Just about a 7 minute walk down to ballroom.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My go to GP isn’t the one that I see at PPG meetings and isnt the lead Diabetes GP at my surgery. But he did introduce them all at tge surgery to the benefits of LCHF as a solution to T2, a couple of years back so they all know about it. It’s just that I am not sure they all sing from the same him sheet on it. My go to GP has a close relative at the Southport surgery, you see.

So it as if there is still work to be done at my surgery, a sort of mopping up job, if you will, pockets of resistance :D

I am hoping my surgery, as opposed to the other one, sets in place a similar Administrator to help push things along like the one you met a couple of months back.
Pockets of resistant made me giggle. It is like a battle isnt it!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You might need to register as a ‘not for profit organisation’ @Debandez . That would involve having a small group who adopt an approved constitution. Sounds ominous, but really isn’t that difficult. Need like minded people to get together and form such a group. There are pockets of money available in smallish grants, some from local health purposes, but most have fairly strict criteria.
A small group I was involved in several years ago managed to get enough to start an exercise group, specifically for people with difficulties accessing sport centres. It was a Community Health Grant.
Useful resources:
https://www.dsc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Look-inside-DGMT-2020-21.pdf
https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-conte...uidelines-for-community-grant-applicants-.pdf
https://www.grantsonline.org.uk/?gc...BaoppVlBfe_2fs-gxpnDj1vrwWeZg7uEaArHWEALw_wcB

Best of luck

Thank you, this is really helpful. I've never done anything like this before. I'm so passionate about this though, its driving me forward no idea where to but it feels the right thing to do so all good. Thank you so much. Deb.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I dont have a scooby doo at the mo but Tony the organiser will be getting in touch shortly to discuss and as soon as he does I will plaster it all over as usual :)

Brilliant you can come. If you park in sainsbury's it's free for 3 hours. Just about a 7 minute walk down to ballroom.
Tony Harris says:

You can turn up on the day anytime between 09.00 - 15.00. There are no tickets and entry is free to the event.”

I sent him an email.

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My son works for 111. A colleague got a call today from a diabetic who wants to change how they eat from seeing a lady on This Morning program!!!

The whole office was buzzing when they found out. They all had watched me live! You dont know how happy that makes me. One more educated, hopefully 1000s from just this 7 minute slot on prime TV.

We will get there.

Reactions: Goonergal
D

Deleted member 308541

This is a wonderful GP surgery website. Inspiring. And turning lives around.

You are invited to share your journeys if you so wish. They are doing great things.

https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/
It's a well laid out site shame they had to use a light coloured text on a white background, it's hard to read with my 74 year old eyes which are in good condition.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
It's a well laid out site shame they had to use a light coloured text on a white background, it's hard to read with my 74 year old eyes which are in good condition.

Only just now seeing this, but I'll echo what you said... the text is just too light. Black would be much better for ease of reading. The site looks great overall.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez, hello everyone,

What a great thread. Imo, this is really important work, all of you are doing.

The other day, I saw a post on Twitter inviting people to send their story to the American Diabetes Association and I thought why not just give it try. So guess what, it was now actually published on their website.

Here the link: https://www.diabetes.org/blog/sharing-my-story-sigrid

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez, hello everyone,

What a great thread. Imo, this is really important work, all of you are doing.

The other day, I saw a post on Twitter inviting people to send their story to the American Diabetes Association and I thought why not just give it try. So guess what, it was now actually published on their website.

Here the link: https://www.diabetes.org/blog/sharing-my-story-sigrid
Brilliant @ziggy_w and you look great well done you’ve also achieved it and then maintained it for so long. Congratulations on the article

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Been mostly out and about for the last two days, so didn't have much of a chance to post. Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, @Goonergal, @DJC3, @shelley262 and @carol43. It's very much appreciated and does give me a very warm and fuzzy feeling tbh.

Also thanks for the thumbs up @Brunneria, @Rachox, @Pipp, @HSSS, @bulkbiker, @JenniferM55, @Speedbird, @Rustytypin, @Robbity, @Mrs T 123, @Mbaker. Your support means a lot.

I definitely hope that once the worst of the Covid19 crisis is over, this thread will take off again.

Reactions: DJC3