• Fake

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Thats very nice Snowy.im at my daughters and we have put hers up today.
Im going to have to find out how to put photos on here.
Long drive home tomorrow from Stockton on Tees to Rochester Kent .
Hi Patricia did you have a nice time at your daughters? How did it go putting her tree up.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You are all in advance of me. I don't decorate until the 15th. I've still got my pre-Christmas cleaning to do!

We've always had a real one. They are easy to keep until New Year if you cut an inch off the trunk and stand in a deep bucket of water outside for a day or two, then make sure when you bring it indoors it is away from radiators and watered at the bottom every day. We then put ours out in the garden for at least a month for the birds to play on. Then we cut the trunk off and use the small logs as beastie homes for the insects. The Council collects the branches eventually and they are shredded and re-cycled for compost.
One year we shall get a real one,kids have been moaning that we put the old one up.
That is a really good idea about turning the logs into insect homes,I would of just put mine in the garden waste bin.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A real tree every year for the past 36 years. Over that time it has caused enormous arguments as it needs to be 8ft tall to stand in the window. Anything smaller looks out of proportion as we have very tall ceilings and a wide bay window. Getting it into the room is easy enough if its is still in its netting but getting it out after Christmas used to be difficult until I suggested sawing it up on a large sheet in the living room and burning the branches and trunk in the open fireplace (with the fire brigade on standby!)

Every year I intend to get an artificial one for convenience, and every year I get seduced by the smell of the real ones. It'll be a real one again this year and will go up this weekend in time for my daughter and baby granddaughter's homecoming on Sunday

EDIT: We also have a very pretty miniature artificial tree which stands about 1 ft tall which we stand on a table top. Its been handed down through the family and is believed to be pre-WW1. Its has collapsible branches and still has a few original decorations, including some of the clip-on candle holders still attached to the branches. I put this up every year with far more care and thought than the real tree

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A real tree every year for the past 36 years. Over that time it has caused enormous arguments as it needs to be 8ft tall to stand in the window. Anything smaller looks out of proportion as we have very tall ceilings and a wide bay window. Getting it into the room is easy enough if its is still in its netting but getting it out after Christmas used to be difficult until I suggested sawing it up on a large sheet in the living room and burning the branches and trunk in the open fireplace (with the fire brigade on standby!)

Every year I intend to get an artificial one for convenience, and every year I get seduced by the smell of the real ones. It'll be a real one again this year and will go up this weekend in time for my daughter and baby granddaughter's homecoming on Sunday

EDIT: We also have a very pretty miniature artificial tree which stands about 1 ft tall which we stand on a table top. Its been handed down through the family and is believed to be pre-WW1. Its has collapsible branches and still has a few original decorations, including some of the clip-on candle holders still attached to the branches. I put this up every year with far more care and thought than the real tree
Hi dianagrace I will one day get a real tree,my one at the moment my fairy just touches the ceiling.From what I have seen so far of the real trees they don't seem to be that big a man yesterday had one over his shoulder.
As for your other tree now that is lovely I love things that have been handed down to the next generation to me it seems more special.You should take a picture and let us all admire it.

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Real all the time as they have a much nicer natural feel. No false boobs for me....................... NAH!:D

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@adrian207 and @FergusCrawford I am afraid you will have to start your own topic on that I,m afraid so for know I have found a lovely picture for you both.

image.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
More important is a natural,self contented woman. they tend to glow from within:cool:, whether they are augmented surgically or not:)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Once had the real-deal up but if I forgot to stick my slippers on my feet resembled a hedgehog...ouch, not good for diabetics with feet problems. Prefer fake and it IS NOT going up till the 12th unlike those who get earlier every blooming year, crikey soon be putting trees up in September lol

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Totally agree with you see not all about
Once had the real-deal up but if I forgot to stick my slippers on my feet resembled a hedgehog...ouch, not good for diabetics with feet problems. Prefer fake and it IS NOT going up till the 12th unlike those who get earlier every blooming year, crikey soon be putting trees up in September lol
image.jpg
Christmas will be nearly over on the 12th,I thought about keeping mine up all year

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
upload_2014-12-9_9-43-35.png

FAKE, But at least its been put up,
Come on @snowy 12, Cut the idle chatter and get a tree up, I want to see a picture.
Mine has Chocolate Santa ornaments that keep on disappearing, ( I tell my wife its the Grandchildren ) ;)

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
View attachment 9142

FAKE, But at least its been put up,
Come on @snowy 12, Cut the idle chatter and get a tree up, I want to see a picture.
Mine has Chocolate Santa ornaments that keep on disappearing, ( I tell my wife its the Grandchildren ) ;)
Lol yes picture is up,now I don't want any jealous comments after you have seen it lol.
Your tree looks lovely oooo chocolate Santa's I see one right at the bottom.At least you have someone to blame poor kids nah that's what grandchildren are for lots of fun and giggles.
Hope you are well today.
image.jpg

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Artificial tree for me nowadays...

I got fed up waking on Christmas morning to find a bare tree that looked like few twigs and a carpet full of pine needles.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Fake preferred for me - with two doggys in the homestead .
Pine needles in their paw pads ? NO thanks .
Vets treat these when get imbedded n can go septic also!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Go for a real one Snowy, the smell of a real tree when you come on a morning is lovely and it feels more like Christmas, you can now get the trees that don't drop their needles and will last well beyond the Christmas period.
Like the smell, but allergic to the pine tree.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Snowy12 has already posted a picture of her tree. Way back on page 3 - post no. 58 :)
Lol yes picture is up,now I don't want any jealous comments after you have seen it lol.
Your tree looks lovely oooo chocolate Santa's I see one right at the bottom.At least you have someone to blame poor kids nah that's what grandchildren are for lots of fun and giggles.
Hope you are well today.
View attachment 9156
Sorry, @snowy 12, I missed your picture, I actually missed the whole page :bigtears:
Yours is Beautiful, Bigger than Mine :mad: