Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep forgetting to post on this thread as my recent efforts are feeble. Today I managed around 11k steps with a lovely walk around The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
Ive been keeping up with my 1 or 2 sessions a day on the exercise bike. So glad I bought it away with me.
@johnpol when is your competition? I haven’t scrolled back but I think I remember it was in Nov?

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Keep forgetting to post on this thread as my recent efforts are feeble. Today I managed around 11k steps with a lovely walk around The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
Ive been keeping up with my 1 or 2 sessions a day on the exercise bike. So glad I bought it away with me.
@johnpol when is your competition? I haven’t scrolled back but I think I remember it was in Nov?
My competition is 25th of November I have one more session tonight and then that's it. Thank you for asking.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press last night practicing the opening weight which is 100kg so 5x3 with a 3 second pause on the chest, felt nice and I have a new way of warming up my shoulders to, never too young to learn, then finished off with floor press 1 set of 125kg x 10, very hard it was too. then home.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pedometer will be at 13k steps by bedtime. Can't make my mind up whether slowness of my walking is offset by the undoubted extra work body has to do to cope with dysfunctional biomechanics. HBa1c is ambivalent but weight/bp etc suggests it may do.

Reactions: Goonergal

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Thursdays are often the day I end up slouching around till its too late to do owt :-( However, it was such a lovely morning I shoehorned the missus out the door for an hour and a halfs walk to the café for coffee. She was a bit reluctant because she has the virus I had last week. Tonight I did an hours easy run with the local slow group. An hour on ones feet is still an hour on ones feet, whatever the pace - feeling a bit tired now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just about scraped 10k steps today with a couple of brisk walks mid morning and mid aft.
2 lots of 15 mins on the exercise bike.
Tomorrow I must do better, intending to go for a swim, trying to get a locals pass which will make it a bit cheaper.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just about scraped 10k steps today with a couple of brisk walks mid morning and mid aft.
2 lots of 15 mins on the exercise bike.
Tomorrow I must do better, intending to go for a swim, trying to get a locals pass which will make it a bit cheaper.
You can't be local - you haven't been there 50 years. Bloody comers in:angelic:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last night was squat, I have had a horrible few weeks attempting it so wasn't looking forward to it. But after a bit of tinkering by my good friend (who this year has won British, European and World Championships as well as setting World Records, not that I'm jealous:)) I managed to squat 140kg for a very comfortable single, then I dropped down to 125kg for 6x1 to make the changes stick. This was my last weeks training before the comp on the 25th. Nervous?? yep, but can't wait either I have never made a British Championships, I need to be able to qualify for this one. Bring it on!!

Take care everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh I wish my post wasn’t straight after @johnpol ‘s I’m in awe.
A very weedy in comparison 2x 15 mins on exercise bike and 30 mins swimming lengths.
Better than sitting about though.

Reactions: Geoffno6 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Legs for me, protecting my old knees a little I did singe leg extensions to failure, then the same exercises with both legs to 70kg on the extensions and 55kg on the curls, squats sets to 112.5kg x 5 from 100kg x 10 with both knees wrapped and wearing a belt, and machine calf raises working up to 120kg, fairly happy with the session but I need someone to watch my heavier squats to let me know if my form's right, and I probably don't go low enough any more.

Enjoy your weekends :)