1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Reversing diabetes with diet

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by Tannith, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 · Guru

Its the old Daf and Des again. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

There is some growing thought that NAFLD is something of the body's silent scream it is struggling in metabolic terms.

Dr David Unwin, when reviewing patients under his care, realised the NAFLD can preced T2 by some years. In my opinion NAFLD should be seen as a distinct warning to the individual that something needs to change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. millenium

millenium Carer · Well-Known Member

Regarding fatty liver, the most common cause is alcohol abuse. Is there any link with alcohol abuse and onset of glucose intolerance?

4. Tannith

Tannith · Well-Known Member

Progress on Newcastle: I finished four plus months ago I have been following Prof Taylor's advice to eat 2/3 of what I ate before and that is not only working but I have actually lost a couple of pounds more. Today I bought some of those medium sized dinner plates that are about 2/3 the size of the standard size ones and hope they will help. Actually I suspect it would be better to intercept the food at an earlier stage. Say, get smaller saucepans and oven dishes so I cook less or even use a basket not a trolley in the supermarket so less food comes into the house in the first place. Or just think of the size of Meghan Markle's waist for inspiration. If she can do it anyone can!

• Like Like x 1
  5. J19821

J19821 · Member

I’ve been trying the blood sugar diet but am unable to go below an average intake of 1100 calories. I’ve lost 4 kilos and my HBa1C is 5.3 now - am in the non diabetic range but Ultrasound test shows Grade 1 fatty liver and doctor advised I continue on half the medication. you suggest going on NCD instead?

6. Fleegle

Fleegle Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook