Slimming World

Helenwales.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
many things depression is awfull,I wish there were more support with Diabetes in my area would love to meet people and talk about the condition ... I get along .
Hello Roxy and everyone,I go on a Thursday 6pm till 8pm,getting better now and more motivated,I have lost 4 pound this week by my scales and my weigh in is Thursday, went to the Gym monday did half hour only slow,then i went for a swim only 30 lengths,Today I did Aqua fit for an hour then did 10 lengths..
Ihave a Grandson he is a 15 months he lives in the same street,very handy as I push him in his pram twice a day for 20 mins out and about.
Iam feeling good about myself today cutting down on the bread,also I make low suger jelly add a yoghurt and lots strawberries when it is cooled mix it all together and thats a moose,kills my chocolate cravings.
If any one is on Facebook there is a site Slimming world WOW what an incentive before/after pictures of people amazing.
Yes at last I think I am going to lose the weight my bloods are back to 5.6 in the mornings feeling alot better in my self,to be honest I am excited as this is it the new me,it is lovely having you lot on here for support also I have met lots lovely new friends in slimming world and on the internet facebook site,we all stick together and we will get there thanks to all you lovely people,for helping me along this diet without you It would be a struggle keep motivated.
I used to be so lazy and sit watch this morning through to 60 minute make over to the soaps,now im up off my butt and doing something I want to see acks 18th birthday and his 21st, good Lck all we must keep in touch xxx

Helenwales.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
many things depression is awfull,I wish there were more support with Diabetes in my area would love to meet people and talk about the condition ... I get along .
spelling mistakes ***** My gransons name is JACK .... I shall keep you updated thursday evening how my loss went xx :D

roxy44

wow helen !!! your doing great!!, well done

i cant wait till thursday to see how you've done, i have been thinking about you,

to be honest my weight loss has been soooooooo slow i think i might have given up by now if i was just doing it to lose weight, but what motivates me is the diabetes, i want to be complication free for as long as i can, and that thought keeps me going,

you'll have to message me your facebook name and i will friend request you, although i dont put much about my weight on my f/b...i'm waiting for peeps to say i look like i've lost weight without them knowing lol,

the odd person has said...the rest must be bloody blind :lol:

16lbs upto now, in 8 weeks...lost 7lb in 3 weeks and the rest has been slow,
i might have to give the swimming up :( it brings me out in hayfever symptoms..sneezes for the rest of the day to the point i can hardley breath, i love it though so will be a shame...going thursday night to see if i get bad again,

keep it up helen and let us know xxx

roxy44

well i have just purchased a swimming nose clip after reading about people with same problem as me when swimming...so lets just hope it works i really dont want to give swimming up xx

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
roxy44 said:
nooooooo Gappy, i will beat you lol....so lets see...the gauntlet is dropped :lol:

xxx

Let battle commence!

I don't have the discipline to do a slimming club but I go to the gym & play badminton too, my food is cut down by common sense. So my motivation is now people I haven't seen fora while telling me I look better-it's a great feeling!

sugar2

Am I allowed to say teh words w eight watchers on a a slimming world thread?? I used them, and it worked really well for me as T1, as tehy don't tell you what to eat, and what not to eat..so none of this, you have to have pasta today thing.

To be honest though, it was teh going t the weigh ins,a nd talking t other dieters that was good for me, rather than any diet advice. I knwo what to do, and turning up and weighing in every Tuesday helped me stay focused

roxy44

Hi Sugar

my daughter does weight watchers, and swears by it, but i prefer SW, i think i can do this for life which is what i wanted, well need to be honest,

so sugar how much have you lost so far?, i like to stay at SW for the chats after it all helps doesnt it

xx

sugar2

I lost a stone...but have stopped there.

Great that SW works for you...my MIL swears by it. To be hioonest, from what I have seen, there is not that much difference, and if you like the group and the leader, then that is the right one.

Best of luck! :D

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Ooooooh NO you wont! I was at the gym today just over 2hrs saw the reading on cardio machines add up to 800 calories used! I promised/threatened the girls in the pub I'll be wearing a crop vest next year to show off my 6pack. Forget SW or WW good healthy competition works!

Gappy

Dislikes
Right, not as good as I hoped but another 1 1/2lbs it's still loss and going in the right direction but possibly not enough to beat you! I read what a good week you had with bloods on another thread so that may be partly a result of weight loss too so maybe this week victory is yours!

roxy44

victory is mine Gappy!!!!!!!! just as i promised i whipped your ass lol

i lost 2lb...but well done on your loss, any loss is a good loss!!
same time next week Gappy for another whipping? lol xx

Gappy

Dislikes
Ok so this week I must lay off the drinking yoghurt! Only half a pound in it, in fact if I took the reading from docs scales not the ones I always use in the gym I'd of walked it! They had me about 8lbs loss-but different scales is cheating! Well done, but i'm pleased anyway as I have some small indentation where my lovehandles once were, only small indentations but it's a start!

Gappy

Dislikes
Where are the WW people, this could be turned into a SW v WW v Me as a comparison!

Gappy

Dislikes
Scared of our results I reckon!