ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have heard nothing yet from OT or about the balance test.
Physio did say she couldn,t help me.
Going by when I saw the physio last September, she referred me for a balance test, I heard 6 weeks later saying I Don, t need the balance test.
Hopefully OT will be processing an appointment. Give their appointments telephone number a call, when you can. It may jolly them along hun. They will give you an idea how long you have to wait for your appointment. ;)

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hopefully OT will be processing an appointment. Give their appointments telephone number a call, when you can. It may jolly them along hun. They will give you an idea how long you have to wait for your appointment. ;)
I don"t have their phone number as the physio put the referral through by email. Also have no idea where the OT is, would imagine it's in Ipswich. Physio I went to was in a out reach hall

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
As I hadn"t heard anything from OT, I decided to call them.
The man I spoke too, said there was no record of a referral from the physio. I then rang the physio people and explained what OT said. They explained the referral had been sent on the 11th. The physio has called me back and has resent the referral. It can only happen to me

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
A good result here now.
Had a call this morning regarding my call yesterday.
It was the OT lady and she found the referral had been sent entity to the wrong people, she made enquiries and found it.
She could have done a home visit to see what I needed in relation to aids for 2alking. But would be end of may at the earliest. Then suggested if I could get to the out reach centre where the physio is, then I could see her there so arranged to go for 12.15. I did have to wait. She has given me a 4 wheeled walker which has a seat on it.
While I was there, she made an appt to see the neuro OT man for 8th May. He only works at the outreach centre on Tuesdays, but it's only just over 2 week wait. Am happy with that.
Apparently, the physio that I saw last week, was concerned that there could also be a hip or back problem, hence seeing the neuro OT. He will do a full skeletal assessment and that way if I need xrays/scans, he is the 9ne that does the necessary referrals.
If he feels I Don, t need these, then do a balance course. If I get any worse or have a bad fall, then to call and will be given a earlier appt but that means going to Ipswich h hospital.
The lady was so apologetic that the referral from physio was sent to wrong people.
The service so far I feel has gone beyond very helpful and am now being listened too

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Proper investigation is a fantastic result @ally1
Hope the wheely support gives you the confidence to get out.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
A good result here now.
It was the OT lady and she found the referral had been sent entity to the wrong people, she made enquiries and found it.
She could have done a home visit to see what I needed in relation to aids for 2alking. But would be end of may at the earliest. Then suggested if I could get to the out reach centre where the physio is, then I could see her there so arranged to go for 12.15. I did have to wait. She has given me a 4 wheeled walker which has a seat on it.
While I was there, she made an appt to see the neuro OT man for 8th May. He only works at the outreach centre on Tuesdays, but it's only just over 2 week wait. Am happy with that.
Apparently, the physio that I saw last week, was concerned that there could also be a hip or back problem, hence seeing the neuro OT. He will do a full skeletal assessment and that way if I need xrays/scans, he is the 9ne that does the necessary referrals.
If he feels I Don, t need these, then do a balance course. If I get any worse or have a bad fall, then to call and will be given a earlier appt but that means going to Ipswich h hospital.
The lady was so apologetic that the referral from physio was sent to wrong people.
The service so far I feel has gone beyond very helpful and am now being listened too
That's great news @ally1. Just goes to show what can happen when you keep on at certain people. It may be draining but we'll worth it in the end . Xxx

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good result here now.
really good result. And have a medal for you being strong too!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Ally, that is wonderful news. You are getting the help you need now, and two fingers to the GP.
That walker will be excellent. My sister-in-law thought hers was brilliant, and she had no falls with it. She could also use it indoors if necessary. I am delighted for you. :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yay! Well done, you are finally on their radar!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Oh Ally, that is wonderful news. You are getting the help you need now, and two fingers to the GP.
That walker will be excellent. My sister-in-law thought hers was brilliant, and she had no falls with it. She could also use it indoors if necessary. I am delighted for you. :)
Thank you.
I did have some strange looks from the older people on the bus because I did sit in the front disabled seat so I could sit with the Walker.
When I got to my road, I thought, please Don, t any of my neighbours see me. Nobody did but I have to face that embarrassment lol

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
It's been a big struggle to get the help.
I know just how you feel. Hubby has been trying to find out why he has all his problems . Getting doctors to listen and get referals has been a nightmare for two years . We're hoping that this referal to Derby will shed some light . X

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I know just how you feel. Hubby has been trying to find out why he has all his problems . Getting doctors to listen and get referals has been a nightmare for two years . We're hoping that this referal to Derby will shed some light . X
It's so hard to get 5he help that we need

Reactions: tina_marie