T2 HbA1c results

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last month my diabetic nurse said I was in remission after my HbA1c result was 42.

In 2020 I was diagnosed T2 with HbA1c at 52. I'm really grateful for this forum, especially to the member who said I could get into normal range without any drugs fairly easily. I literally only took 2 Metformin tablets, they made me feel dreadful, I couldn't focus on anyone speaking to me, my train of thought was mush, my vision became erratic, and I'll spare you the details of what my digestive system was doing. On this forum's advice I bought a glucose meter despite getting a lecture from the pharmacist who tried to dissuade me from buying one.

Life got in the way of me buckling down on a sustained low carb diet, I always seemed to be falling off for reasons such as my husband's serious illness, me being admitted to hospital for 10 days on suspicion of having sepsis, and a 5 day stay in hospital having a new aortic valve fitted. But since 1st June I've been strictly under 20g of carbs per day. My brother joined me on the diet on 1st June as he was on the cusp of being pre-diabetic. His AbA1c has gone down from 41 to being 38 in just 2 months. To date he's managed to lose 14kg, while I've lost 10kg.

Sorry if this post is a bit wordy.

flonvic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last month my diabetic nurse said I was in remission after my HbA1c result was 42.

In 2020 I was diagnosed T2 with HbA1c at 52. I'm really grateful for this forum, especially to the member who said I could get into normal range without any drugs fairly easily. I literally only took 2 Metformin tablets, they made me feel dreadful, I couldn't focus on anyone speaking to me, my train of thought was mush, my vision became erratic, and I'll spare you the details of what my digestive system was doing. On this forum's advice I bought a glucose meter despite getting a lecture from the pharmacist who tried to dissuade me from buying one.

Life got in the way of me buckling down on a sustained low carb diet, I always seemed to be falling off for reasons such as my husband's serious illness, me being admitted to hospital for 10 days on suspicion of having sepsis, and a 5 day stay in hospital having a new aortic valve fitted. But since 1st June I've been strictly under 20g of carbs per day. My brother joined me on the diet on 1st June as he was on the cusp of being pre-diabetic. His AbA1c has gone down from 41 to being 38 in just 2 months. To date he's managed to lose 14kg, while I've lost 10kg.

Sorry if this post is a bit wordy.
Your post is fine.So glad people are joining in.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been advised to start this thread so that us T2's can report our results.I will start off with a 45.Thats down from 71-51-46.not too bad I suppose.Join in.
My latest HbA1c results were 36, a couple of months ago. I've been hovering fairly steadily around that number for the past 7 years now. I don't know exactly what my HbA1c was when diagnosed, as I was diagnosed on finger pricks (I made a curve at home with some numbers above 20), so by the time my first HbA1c got done I'd already started both medication and dietary changes. I think the first HbA1c was somewhere around 75, the next was 42, and I've been in the normal range for ever after. Congrats on your steady improvement!