This has NOTHING to do with Diabetes......

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Spain on the way out? Can you believe it?
Chile are playing without fear, a 4-1-4-1 formation, closing down quickly, sometimes, 5 attacking and they have taken there chances.
Spain not quick enough, look slow and lethargic. Can they they go more direct? Have they got a plan B?
Intriguing and interesting!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It does look like the holders could be on their way out, still 2-0 down is recoverable.

I'm still marvelling at Tim Cahill's goal earlier this evening, has to be the goal of the WC so far.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Total class! Turning out to be decent competition with upsets and good attacking football, and of course goals!!!!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
I'm quite shocked at Spain's capitulation to be honest, they look very, very, poor.

I agree with you noblehead, Cahill's goal is the goal of the tournament so far, I also thought that before that happened, Robben's goal was!

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Chile have so much energy and pace, they just keep running at Spain ! Quality team and well deserved lead ! Spain look as if they've already played 90mins. Heads down !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Spain look like England did in South Africa!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
the aussies fell over but they didn't get enough free kicks

Ref was atrocious. The socceroos didn't get the right breaks, but they put on a hell of a show and frightened the life out of the Dutfch.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Australia were excellent and unlucky, I apologise for not giving them much of a chance earlier! Should have remembered what an Aussie friend told me many years ago - once the super fit and super strong Aussies start playing soccer instead of rugby or Aussie Rules: be afraid, be very afraid. The Dutch were so rattled you could see their dark side starting to come out.

Chile brilliant so far, their first goal one of the best of the tournament for me. Spain look shellshocked.

Oh, and my boyhood heroes (can I have two)? Martin Peters and Denis Law.

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Chile have so much energy and pace, they just keep running at Spain ! Quality team and well deserved lead ! Spain look as if they've already played 90mins. Heads down !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

The heat out there must sap your energy, imagine running around in that for 90 minutes :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Australia were excellent and unlucky, I apologise for not giving them much of a chance earlier! Should have remembered what an Aussie friend told me many years ago - once the super fit and super strong Aussies start playing soccer instead of rugby or Aussie Rules: be afraid, be very afraid. The Dutch were so rattled you could see their dark side starting to come out.

Chile brilliant so far, their first goal one of the best of the tournament for me. Spain look shellshocked.

Oh, and my boyhood heroes (can I have two)? Martin Peters and Denis Law.
What I would give to have a Dennis Law type striker now for England!
Wasn't Peters' nicknamed 'the ghost' because the defenders never knew he was there!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
''They think it's all over'' .......it is now for Spain barring a miracle.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Shock, group stage an all :eek:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A real shock, well done Chile! Will England get a win tomorrow?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
According to the media we are running scared of Suarez, how we could do with a bit of Revie robust play tomorrow night!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who was your childhood football hero? Mine was Alan Ball, he was part of the so called golden trinity of Ball, Kendall, Harvey.
Alan could run forever, and probably covered every blade of grass in the '66 WC Final.
He was my first footie hero......but please don't tell the family.....Don Rogers.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A real shock, well done Chile! Will England get a win tomorrow?
So nervous now! Yes, I am going for a 2-1 win, with controversy over refereeing decisions, but I won't be putting any money on this one.

Spain out - and I thought they would be one of the better European sides.

My son has been in Salvador this week for a couple of matches. He is flying to Recife tomorrow to watch Italy v Costa Rica, and he doesn't have a lot of time to get from the airport to hotel and then to the match, so I really hope his flight isn't delayed. Getting nervous about that too.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A Swindle legend, Don.
Have had fun there, who can forget the famous 'lights out' which cost my team automatic promotion back in the nineties!
Don't believe I've ever seen my team win there!

I think England will crash out tonight! The pressure and heat and humidity will be too much. Our great support won't be enough.