Llinz04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What kind of food/meals does everyone eat? At the moment, I'm eating foods that are low in carbs and thinking if there's anyone out there on any kind of diet's and if they work for you and how does it work with your diabetes?:bookworm:

Has anyone seen and thought about following the food that "the body coach" eats and his fitness workout?

Thanks. :)

Reactions: Robinredbreast

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never heard of The Body Coach - sorry @Llinz04

I eat around 180g carbs a day - so moderate low carbs. I find this is just right to avoid excessive carbs and also avoid having to Bolus for protein or be affected by fat. I'm very insulin sensitive and don't want to mess that up by going very low carb.

My HbA1C is 5.2 and I'm happy with that.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat 20 g or less per day. I eat moderate amounts of protein (45g per day) and enough fat to satisfy. I eat avocado with every meal as it keeps me very steady. I bolus tiny a,ountsnof insulin. Low carb keto works for me and has long before D diagnosis. My bs is almost always between 75-105. 85 is my favorite place to be

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi - Eat about 30g carbs at breakfast 40-50 for lunch and anything from 35 - 60 for evening meal. Try to eat as 'normal' meals as possible - not too low in carb as tried a coulple of times eating a ham salad with grapes at lunch a couple of times approx 25g carbs and levels skyrocketed and remained high not dropping until i corrected at tea time.... maybe too low in carb for my insulin sensitivity... no idea on that one.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Has anyone seen and thought about following the food that "the body coach" eats and his fitness workout?

Who's the body coach @Llinz04 ?

Personally I think you have to find a diet and exercise regime that works for you rather than someone else, I try and follow a Mediterranean Diet as close as possible and don't do much more than walking/occasional bike ride for exercise.

Reactions: azure

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I just keep the carbs down below 150gm/day to manage my weight and blood sugar. I wouldn't follow any named diet as all the diet advice you need is on these forums.

samantha13

I've been doing better recently by eating around 150gm carbs and trying to only snack on low carb things ie cheese/nuts. It's helped me get better control

Reactions: Nickglanf

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Boring. Very boring food.
Easiest way for me

Itomo1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @ Lindz04,

I know who the Body Coach is and he has lot's of low carb recipes with good exercise routines.

Only newly diagnosed in Aug 16 aged 53 and have followed LCHF since day one.
Eat moderate carbs about 80 g pd.
Last HAB1C in Dec 7.2 after being in severe DKA in Aug16. I follow some of the body coach's recipes / exercise but get a lot of my information from this website in the low carb / Type 1 forums.

Seems to be working for me.