Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rest assured @SueJB ,
any escalated member complaints are taken very seriously (& from what I remember.) the digital "paper trail" of all involved regarding any grievance will be closely scrutinised by DCUK HQ Administrators too!

All the best with your decision..

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the app but could still not access!

Becca - The app was down too, in the end.

The post I made on Sunday night, immediately followed hearing about the outage, and was to the best of my knowledge.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheekily changing the subject..

How's everyone doing on the D front?

My eyes had an MOT today. Still on the "road."
Flu jab last Thursday.. Was back home at the time of my appointment..

So the forum had an overhaul. (& went a bit quiet.) "carry on diabetes." :D Oh matron...

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Cheekily changing the subject..

How's everyone doing on the D front?

My eyes had an MOT today. Still on the "road."
Flu jab last Thursday.. Was back home at the time of my appointment..

So the forum had an overhaul. (& went a bit quiet.) "carry on diabetes." :D Oh matron...
My diabetes is wearing a blue bikini and drinking cocktails (obviously I’m just doing work and family stuff but the fun my D is having explains readings of 9, 5, 9 and 9 today).

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My diabetes is wearing a blue bikini and drinking cocktails (obviously I’m just doing work and family stuff but the fun my D is having explains readings of 9, 5, 9 and 9 today).

Yep,

Work for me is manic. Slotting some spare room/studio decorations. (Been nearly 18 years since the last.?)
Finishing touches. Put a sly curtain rail up whilst the eye drops wore off.. Not a bad result.

@Antje77 may like it. Bit of a Dutch influence on the new furniture.

Reactions: Marie 2

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

Sounds like your diabetes is ‘working 9-5’ Kat.

Started low with 3.4 upon waking after a 7km run last night and followed by another low before lunch, almost went low this evening but Dexcom gave me an alert so averted, phew tiring day..

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Struggling to get it up tonight, oooh err missus.

Mt Libre is due to be changed tomorrow and is useless now. Been sitting between 2.9 and now LO for around 3 hours. Proper finger test had me at between 5.3 and 3.9 which for me is a tad low. Have had about 5 biscuits and couple of cups of coffee so around 40 g of carbs but it still drops.

Dropped my basal around 1 hour ago to 50% on the pump and dropped from 4.5 to 4.0. Think I may need to keep temp basal on for a few hours more. Off to scoff some jelly babies to see if I can get it up.

Had flu jab on Saturday and BG have been fairly low/constant, not sure if this is affecting my BG

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like your diabetes is ‘working 9-5’ Kat.

... What a time to stop forgiving. :singing::singing::singing:;)

image.jpeg

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
You are full of song this evening @Jaylee :singing: !!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You are full of song this evening @Jaylee :singing: !!

Full of "something.."

Possibly a bit of lurg from a jab. Sort of over it but the BGs have taken a hiding for nothing..
Or I'm just "batting" off what's going round at work...?

Either way.. A "tune a day.. " One fer you.

Reactions: Juicyj

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Rest assured @SueJB ,
any escalated member complaints are taken very seriously (& from what I remember.) the digital "paper trail" of all involved regarding any grievance will be closely scrutinised by DCUK HQ Administrators too!

All the best with your decision..
Thanks @Jaylee, that's really helpful. I'm not about to report anyone on the forum since all of the friends I've come in contact with have been brilliant, supportive, informative and helpful.
I'm always interested in how things work in business and believe in transparency and openness in all things in life

Reactions: LooperCat

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

Mt Libre is due to be changed tomorrow and is useless now. Been sitting between 2.9 and now LO for around 3 hours. Proper finger test had me at between 5.3 and 3.9 which for me is a tad low. Have had about 5 biscuits and couple of cups of coffee so around 40 g of carbs but it still drops.

Dropped my basal around 1 hour ago to 50% on the pump and dropped from 4.5 to 4.0. Think I may need to keep temp basal on for a few hours more. Off to scoff some jelly babies to see if I can get it up.

Had flu jab on Saturday and BG have been fairly low/constant, not sure if this is affecting my BG
That all sounds like a bit of a handful @smc4761 but it'll be better tomorrow.

Reactions: smc4761

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Has your mental agility also been tested?
I'm finding a tricky drop lately by about 3pm with no bolus active after a mad session in a new position at work? Though if had brief experience & have a knack of staying on top..

No wonder none of the non Ds are up for it...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am an aunt!
My best friend delivered a perfect little baby girl named Famke at 9 pm!

It wasn't an easy one and took a long time. With a grand total of 8 hours sleep since sunday morning and having had quite a short night on saturday too, I haven't followed much on the forum and don't plan to until I've had a good bit of catching up on sleep.

Picture will follow :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good moaning.....
BG 8 on going to bed, 8 on waking up and 8.4 now.......I am cured :confused::confused::confused: