Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant Thanks @Jaylee. I survived the temporary chop. I had not idea the app would still continue. Wonder if all members know/knew this. Perhaps there should be a new thread created at the top of the menu to let everyone know changes and important stuff.

Hey, maybe you could formulate the suggestion in a PM? :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi, glad you survived the temparary drought..

This link will explain what happened to the forum.. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-from-midnight-tonight-app-unaffected.169372/
A few days notice rather than just a few hours would have been useful, to be honest. I thought I’d been banned, judging by the 404 error and other messages I kept getting when I logged on late that night. I also had no idea the app was still working - I always use the browser on my phone and iPad because the app is so awful to navigate.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@LooperCat I had no idea the site was down as I hadn't been able to log in on Sunday as had friends over, so when I tried to log in on Monday and got an error message I thought errrrr ok.... still it's a minor glitch in the grand scheme of things ;)

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well and your BG's are happy and well too :) Mine have been pretty good. over the past few days, doing more exercise and having smaller portions of rice, pasta, potatoes etc, or none at all, so things are looking up, as I do hate the roller coaster rides :(
ps I haven't seen any changes or upgrades to the forum, or am I missing something ?o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A few days notice rather than just a few hours would have been useful, to be honest. I thought I’d been banned, judging by the 404 error and other messages I kept getting when I logged on late that night. I also had no idea the app was still working - I always use the browser on my phone and iPad because the app is so awful to navigate.

Same here with the browser use..
However.
My phone, iPad & desktop PC just gave cheery "sorry, site under construction." info. "Hope to be back soon." When clicking on the site. At one point there was a big read notice suggesting DCUK would be back up by 2pm today..

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The team is the moderation team @SueJB
That's great thanks @Juicyj I was just wondering who this team is. If a moderator's post was reported, would that moderator be included in the moderating team? I'm asking this here rather than as a private message as I was thinking that all forum members might be interested.:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Jaylee, I'm confused. I've made the suggestion in the hope it might help get information out. No need for a PM:)

That is indeed very true. However, i wouldn't wish for your ideas to get nicked either.? Hence why I suggested a "PM." ;)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We were told something exciting was about to happen. Err what am I missing. All looks the same to me.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
That is indeed very true. However, i wouldn't wish for your ideas to get nicked either.? Hence why I suggested a "PM." ;)
The suggestion was to help make a better forum and as I said it was to put NEWS and NOTICES at the top of the Menu, simple as that. If anyone wants to use the ideas anywhere else, I'd be really happy.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The suggestion was to help make a better forum and as I said it was to put NEWS and NOTICES at the top of the Menu, simple as that. If anyone wants to use the ideas anywhere else, I'd be really happy.

Thanks,
For clarification you would give consent of your idea to make important topics such as the ones mentioned above, "sticky?"
So the topic could never drop down the list.

Certainly would improve things elsewhere too.

Appreciated mutchly. :cool:

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just be scanning today’s posts.
Some relevant and interesting points.
Would it be an idea to start a new thread in maybe “ Diabetes Discussion “ to involve more of the forum.
The moderators cover the whole forum, perhaps others may have more input than just the T1 community.

Reactions: Marie 2 and SueJB

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@SueJB when I have been reported I bow out of that discussion - same for the others. Yes we get reported - yes it is looked at seriously. The reporting member does not suffer penalties.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon everyone,
Hope there were no urgent questions that needed support from us all here. I know I feel as though I've been cut adrift when I've got a burning question and no one to ask. That's what's so great about this place, there are so many of us with a combined wealth of experience to draw on....... so a huge thanks everyone who's answered all of my worried and queries with their take on things.:playful::playful::playful: I exclude myself from the experience stuff being a T1 young one.
Report back from the eye people.................. clear for another year:watching:
Anyone know what the shut down of the forum was about? Can't see anything new. @DCUKMod any idea?

Sue, if you go to the following link, it's likely you will see some differences https://www.diabetes.co.uk/

The changes to the forum, this time around have been mainly "under the bonnet".

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
That's great thanks @Juicyj I was just wondering who this team is. If a moderator's post was reported, would that moderator be included in the moderating team? I'm asking this here rather than as a private message as I was thinking that all forum members might be interested.:)

Hi Sue within the moderation team there's 8 of us in total. If a moderator is reported then they are not involved in that report, other moderators would manage it. Hope this clarifies this point for you.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Apologies just seen that @Diakat has already responded on this for you @SueJB.