1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Trouble with the broomstick’s MOT so been away for a bit. You’d think a lovely carbon neutral bunch of twigs would pass first time.
    I really don’t like bugs that evolve more swiftly than my self-destructive immune system.
    Love the pic of your friend’s super-personality baby @Antje77. I find all new life astounding, however much the science explains the process.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone feeling a bit better today have a good day all

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

I survived Halloween, 600-800 trick or treating kids and one hypo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

But Marie there was all that candy to help...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@Diakat LOL, I am a very strict vegan!! So I don't eat that candy!!!! I had another new pod failure, so my numbers shot up and I didn't catch it right away as we were setting up decorations. So I gave myself a rage bolus shot and knew it might catch up to me.
    It did right in the middle of streams of kids and my husband making another candy run. I had to dash in and guzzle some lemonade and grab a vegan candy bar.

Believe me as I'm staring at this huge bowl of candy, thinking all this sugar is right here.

But we put on a really nice display.

Halloween.jpg Halloween 3.jpg

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I forgot that @Marie 2 - glad you got it sorted out.
    Love your display, puts my sugar skulls, pumpkins and bats to shame.

• Like Like x 2
  7. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, been off the forum for a week (no I wasn't banned!) - half term week so off with the daughter, not sure why as she spent most of it in her bed (and she's not quite a teenager yet!). Had flu jab Wednesday and boy did it affect my BGs - consistently in the teens no matter how much insulin I ploughed in - back to 'normal' now.

Had a quick scan through all the posts I missed, loved the picture Sue didn't like - pity Famke's hand is just out of shot as I could well imagine what the hand gesture is - defo a profanity! :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning all, totally in love with my Dexcom G6. It’s fab. The only slight issue is that the dressing is beginning to peel away with three days to go - but as I applied it in the clinic I didn’t use Skin Tac. I will when I put the next one on. It’s been really accurate, which makes running the Loop so much less “worrying” - that’s not the right word, but I’ve not had enough coffee yet. I’m much more confident to let it just do it’s thing and I’m spending MUCH less time thinking abut T1. Went to bed on a 6.0 and woke up on a 6.1 :) Basically cured ;)

Got all my paramedic uniform yesterday, shirts, trousers (so many POCKETSES, there’s even three on the left hand shirt sleeve!), boots (horrible and clumpy, will stick to my much higher spec Hazardous Area Reaponse Team ones), fleecy chill jacket, hi-vis anorak, hi viz tabard, white t-shirts to go under the shirt, belt, baseball cap and beanie. Weighed a ton, and as we usually have to walk twenty minutes back to the car, the uni let us bring it onto campus to collect it. Just waiting for my epaulettes with my personal number on, and I’m really pleased that I’ve been able to keep my existing Community First Responder one as I’ve got quite attached to it.

I’d be lying if I denied wearing it all yesterday evening :D :rolleyes:

Gig tonight, flu jab tomorrow.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  9. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all....
    Well I am not posting my numbers up today as I am definitely NOT cured :)
    Currently on a 12.9 with a double arrow down....thank you rage blouse!!!!! Currently waiting for the alarm on my watch to start with a LO......pfffft

• Hug Hug x 4
  10. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd just re-booted mine yesterday then took my top off for bed and pulled the thing off, was peeling off and hadn't quite got it stuck down..the good thing was stuck another on at bedtime and was working after 2 hours so could access when I woke up except woke hypo, been low all morning bumping along at around 4, been a long week so weekend is a welcome friend :)

• Hug Hug x 4
  11. porl69

I might be winning again........just on a 7.8 with a south-easterly arrow :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well “ cured” is possible.
    Stop eating carbs, stop injecting the now legendary “ exogenous “ insulin, stay in bed ( to avoid liver dump ) and I guarantee you will be cured.:hilarious:.
    I could tag some real experts in this field and also post some wonderful YouTube vids, but I can’t be ******.

Edited by moderator for language

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #23292 therower, Nov 1, 2019 at 1:02 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019
  13. porl69

I know who you are on about :). Isn't there a podcast out as well???

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

There could well be. But like I said I just can’t be ****** with such people.:)

Post edited by moderator

• Winner Winner x 2
    #23294 therower, Nov 1, 2019 at 1:16 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019
  15. Gary61

Gary61 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I just thought I would like to share with you on how I control myself when eating a curry.
    I have just started using the new Medtronic pump which has again improved my lifestyle on insulin. I
    just want to demonstrate that it is possible to have the odd high carb meal if judged and controlled
    correctly. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/how-i-control-having-a-curry.2562/

• Like Like x 2
  16. porl69

Well done on your curry "win"
    I too am on a Medtronic pump the 640G and my control is now VERY good 90% of the time. I eat high carb meals most of the time. As long as you can accurately count the carbs and know how to release the insulin into you from the pump correctly then you will be fine :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    #23296 porl69, Nov 1, 2019 at 1:59 PM
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  17. porl69

Have you tried any different curries and got the same results?

• Like Like x 2
  18. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good break from the weird and wonderful here then @slip. Babies yuk, idea of profanity.... dubious:D

• Like Like x 3
  19. SueJB

Wow, luv to see a photo shoot of you in uniform. Does this mean because you've been given the uniform, you're now official and have passed exams and ready for lift off?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SueJB

Fibber @porl69 you did post a number. Bet it's come down by now. Hug

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook