Happy Samhain :D :cat:
1A82B5A0-900B-46A2-B332-EE4BB6E2CAA5.jpeg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Trouble with the broomstick’s MOT so been away for a bit. You’d think a lovely carbon neutral bunch of twigs would pass first time.
I really don’t like bugs that evolve more swiftly than my self-destructive immune system.
Love the pic of your friend’s super-personality baby @Antje77. I find all new life astounding, however much the science explains the process.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Diakat LOL, I am a very strict vegan!! So I don't eat that candy!!!! I had another new pod failure, so my numbers shot up and I didn't catch it right away as we were setting up decorations. So I gave myself a rage bolus shot and knew it might catch up to me.
It did right in the middle of streams of kids and my husband making another candy run. I had to dash in and guzzle some lemonade and grab a vegan candy bar.

Believe me as I'm staring at this huge bowl of candy, thinking all this sugar is right here.

But we put on a really nice display.

Halloween.jpg
Halloween 3.jpg

Attachments

• Halloween.jpg
    Halloween.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 259

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, been off the forum for a week (no I wasn't banned!) - half term week so off with the daughter, not sure why as she spent most of it in her bed (and she's not quite a teenager yet!). Had flu jab Wednesday and boy did it affect my BGs - consistently in the teens no matter how much insulin I ploughed in - back to 'normal' now.

Had a quick scan through all the posts I missed, loved the picture Sue didn't like - pity Famke's hand is just out of shot as I could well imagine what the hand gesture is - defo a profanity! :hilarious:

Reactions: SueJB and karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, totally in love with my Dexcom G6. It’s fab. The only slight issue is that the dressing is beginning to peel away with three days to go - but as I applied it in the clinic I didn’t use Skin Tac. I will when I put the next one on. It’s been really accurate, which makes running the Loop so much less “worrying” - that’s not the right word, but I’ve not had enough coffee yet. I’m much more confident to let it just do it’s thing and I’m spending MUCH less time thinking abut T1. Went to bed on a 6.0 and woke up on a 6.1 :) Basically cured ;)

Got all my paramedic uniform yesterday, shirts, trousers (so many POCKETSES, there’s even three on the left hand shirt sleeve!), boots (horrible and clumpy, will stick to my much higher spec Hazardous Area Reaponse Team ones), fleecy chill jacket, hi-vis anorak, hi viz tabard, white t-shirts to go under the shirt, belt, baseball cap and beanie. Weighed a ton, and as we usually have to walk twenty minutes back to the car, the uni let us bring it onto campus to collect it. Just waiting for my epaulettes with my personal number on, and I’m really pleased that I’ve been able to keep my existing Community First Responder one as I’ve got quite attached to it.

I’d be lying if I denied wearing it all yesterday evening :D :rolleyes:

Gig tonight, flu jab tomorrow.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all....
Well I am not posting my numbers up today as I am definitely NOT cured :)
Currently on a 12.9 with a double arrow down....thank you rage blouse!!!!! Currently waiting for the alarm on my watch to start with a LO......pfffft

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
The only slight issue is that the dressing is beginning to peel away with three days to go

I'd just re-booted mine yesterday then took my top off for bed and pulled the thing off, was peeling off and hadn't quite got it stuck down..the good thing was stuck another on at bedtime and was working after 2 hours so could access when I woke up except woke hypo, been low all morning bumping along at around 4, been a long week so weekend is a welcome friend :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all....
Currently on a 12.9 with a double arrow down....thank you rage blouse!!!!! Currently waiting for the alarm on my watch to start with a LO......pfffft

I might be winning again........just on a 7.8 with a south-easterly arrow :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all....
Well “ cured” is possible.
Stop eating carbs, stop injecting the now legendary “ exogenous “ insulin, stay in bed ( to avoid liver dump ) and I guarantee you will be cured.:hilarious:.
I could tag some real experts in this field and also post some wonderful YouTube vids, but I can’t be ******.

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Well “ cured” is possible.
Stop eating carbs, stop injecting the now legendary “ exogenous “ insulin, stay in bed ( to avoid liver dump ) and I guarantee you will be cured.:hilarious:.
I could tag some real experts in this field and also post some wonderful YouTube vids, but I can’t be ar***d.

I know who you are on about :). Isn't there a podcast out as well???

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know who you are on about :). Isn't there a podcast out as well???
There could well be. But like I said I just can’t be ****** with such people.:)

Post edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone. I just thought I would like to share with you on how I control myself when eating a curry.
I have just started using the new Medtronic pump which has again improved my lifestyle on insulin. I
just want to demonstrate that it is possible to have the odd high carb meal if judged and controlled
correctly. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/how-i-control-having-a-curry.2562/

Reactions: Antje77 and porl69