1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’m knackered. Been teaching CPR to kids all day... chomped a fair bit of dextrose and I’ll sleep well tonight. Had a ride most of the way home in a rapid reponse car, and now getting a train the rest of the way. Eat the chocklit @MeiChanski and dose for them :D Cos we can.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Could you get them to do the tetris challenge next time? I think it's really cool! https://www.omroepwest.nl/nieuws/39...allen-hun-spullen-uit-met-de-Tetris-Challenge (I know, Dutch article but it's just for the pictures :) )

So you could eat 2 of those boxes in a day and still have room for dessert without eating a ridiculous amount of calories!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. LooperCat

That Tetris challenge is just awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

That's what I thought!

5. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My review on glucose tablets: very chalk, mad crunch, 10/10 would eat again. Yep and I almost choked

6. MeiChanski

IMG_8924.jpg
    IMG_8925.jpg
    I forgot to show everyone the chocolates, it was too cute to eat but I couldn’t help it so I dived in for a taste. It is sweet for dark chocolate, light bitteness after taste but not super sweet. Most of all BG didn’t spike :)

• Winner Winner x 5
  7. LooperCat

I met a young man today in a wheelchair who is passionate about collecting Emergency Services stuff, and is trying for a world record, he was giving these out and I may have had a bit of grit in my eye...

838023A1-F37A-4AEC-AEC7-175469C6B6D8.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@MeiChanski I find the dark chocolate with nuts I eat has a delayed reaction to BG levels. I can take my dose needed when I actually eat it versus prebolusing for it. Probably because of the lower carbs and some fat in it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MeiChanski

Saying that, I might try that combo - crush up some dark chocolate and mix it with different nuts. Viola! Our very own trail mix. I was looking at the ingredients and I was thinking about a split dose for it. It worked out quite nicely today :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

I often melt Dark Chocolate and ground nuts or nut chunks together. As many nuts as I can and it still holds together? I love dark chocolate and I love nuts sooo........ I make small bite sized chunks to grab and eat.!

• Like Like x 1
  11. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning all from a soggy liverpool the ninjas are on route as i type this more coffee is definately needed enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, hope everyone is fine. Bit cold this morning, and can see fog covering Arthur's Seat. Blood sugar ok overnight, but remaining milk went solid, so need to go out and buy some.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning fellow pumpers and prickers, hope you are all having a good weekend. Just had a huge clap of thunder and now torrential rain here in Haggisland, so good excuse for no more gardening.

Bloods been mainly OK apart from a huge blip yesterday, I ate quite a lot and decreased bolus in anticipation of gardening work being much harder, shovelling earth etc. Ah well at least I enjoyed the carbs.

Have a great day wherever you may be

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  14. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@MeiChanski I visited the Hotel Chocolat shop in Street on Friday and got some small 75% chocolate drops, a box of 75% batons and a bag of Brazil Nuts covered in 75% chocolate :hungry::hungry::hungry: - not opened then yet but sure I’ll get round to them by tonight

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi all,

Lantus & gig nights. No rapid on board, no carbs.

I'm not a consistent Libre user. (Self fund.)
    But,
    I started a new Libre Friday afternoon. I finished work, walked the dog, van was already loaded from last week's gig.
    Showered, banged the disk on, got dressed & ready to go...
    The scanner told me I had untill "7.33pm" before I could use it.. I expected some scatty readings in the first few hours? However my meter varified what I was getting from the Libre.

I take my lantus around 10/11pm, some say it tailed off after 20/22hours..?
    Interesting, I didn't get to dose until 1.30 Saturday morning.
    To recap. I happen to know my meter reads 15% higher than a calibrated NHS standard DSN issue.

I mentioned "music therapy" last week. The peaks at the beginning of the evening I don't know.? Fresh sensor? (Didn't concur with my meter.)
    The end of the night was loading & driving home.. Then I seemed to dip prior to my Lantus & bed. (Which did tally up with a finger prick.)

You don't wanna see the trends when I woke late the following day.. Now that's where the real rock & roll was, till I bested it in the afternoon.

image.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. MeiChanski

Hello friends,
    Not a good start to the day - 2.7, unfortunately I was low for some time on my libre. :( Gargled some coke and I havs further reduced my Tresiba. The frustrating thing is nothing has changed.

• Hug Hug x 4
  17. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Oddly, I woke on a blurry 2.8er after a dream about fighting over biscuits at a water theme park??!
    My Libre says I dropped in about an hour with a tiny blip up 10minutes before I woke.. Either I knocked the sensor or the dream gave a little liver dump..

• Hug Hug x 2
  18. MeiChanski

Oh my dream was full of food too, no wonder I didn’t want to leave. It was every food item on the menu. Dreams do something give me a bit of a sugar dump, but not always.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Ever since I was a kid Ive had trigger dreams. I've never failed to wake up.

Lol, I don't normally dream. I only remember the ones from a low..

• Like Like x 1
  20. LooperCat

Afternoon. Just woken up to a 2.2 on one finger and a 2.6 on another. Meanwhile my rig was reading 4.7 despite last night’s calibration. Hmmm. This sensor is a bit shady...

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook