Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I doubt I’ll have the energy to track them down and fight my corner. Can’t see myself accusing them! I’m just pleased none on my neighbours appear to be responsible.

Reactions: WuTwo

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I doubt I’ll have the energy to track them down and fight my corner. Can’t see myself accusing them! I’m just pleased none on my neighbours appear to be responsible.

Probably a little too concerned about what they have buried under the patio.... :nailbiting:;)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Persian food was fabulous. Although this morning I am remembering why I don't usually bother with much garlic.
As you've probably guessed, I love food and especially like trying different food. I recently heard about Somalian food and I am trying to find somewhere to try it. I have signed up for a Somalian Supper Club but they haven't had any dates I can make.

Hope there’ll be one for you! There’s a Persian/Syrian eating place not too far from here (a 40 min bus ride) I’m hoping to get a table at next week for lunch with old friends. Not had Somalian food, I feel a google coming on.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm starting the DAFNE course this week, (well the general fist course meeting is this week,) so I'll let you know. I've bought some kinesiology tape that was recommended here so it's waterproof enough to swim with. It's bright pink.

Hope the kinesiology tape works well for you too. Don’t forget to put a bit of a little more than sensor sized tissue on too. I place it on the tape (approx 4” long tape) and use a mirror to position it. Sometimes I place another bit of tape crossways on top. The tissue’s to stop the tape sticking to the sensor if you want to remove it before the sensor’s finished. I’m wearing a green cross on my arm atm to protect the sensor while I do some heavy pruning and ripping down of overenthusiastic climbers.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I heard harrisa sauce is pretty good, according to my Arabic North African friends.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I heard harrisa sauce is pretty good, according to my Arabic North African friends.

Nice and hot, but not too hot, not the full on West African mouth burner or the real Thai scorcher.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
My new earbuds came! Yayayaya!!

Now I can listen at whatever volume I like without himself pulling faces. He doesn't like metal :wideyed: - I know, how can this be, we ask ourselves. But it's true - he doesn't! He really doesn't know what he's missing. Although having said that he has recorded a Metallica program for me - the making of the Metallica album - which I am really looking forward to.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did you get rid of the remains? Is there a good tune buried under your patio?

Bludgeoned with a pounding rhythm. & concealed under a ton of guitar riff..

image.jpeg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ert sorry, got my kinesiology tape and cohesive bandage mixed up, doh!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do hypo's make you not just want to sit it out? I hardly ever mind taking a break from whatever I'm doing, except when hypo.
At least I know now that yes, I am able to cook with diminished motor skills while sweating and munching sweets, and no, it's no fun, cooking like that. And it makes the mess in my kitchen twice as bad as non-hypo cooking.

Reactions: SueJB

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do hypo's make you not just want to sit it out? I hardly ever mind taking a break from whatever I'm doing, except when hypo.
At least I know now that yes, I am able to cook with diminished motor skills while sweating and munching sweets, and no, it's no fun, cooking like that. And it makes the mess in my kitchen twice as bad as non-hypo cooking.
That's me cooking with frustration with a shaky feeling while munching on biscuits and when it came to eating dinner, I was full from hypo treatments so I sigh and drink an ice cold coke zero. :arghh:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been quite an odd two days, I've had iced coffee and wouldn't be hungry for several hours. My libre graph is steady and bare without any notes. :hilarious:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been quite an odd two days, I've had iced coffee and wouldn't be hungry for several hours. My libre graph is steady and bare without any notes. :hilarious:
Happens to me sometimes, I agree, the graph looks naked when there wasn't anything to note.