1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If it's submerged in the marinade, and in an airtight container then yes. If it's not submerged but airtight, try and turn it a couple of times. If it's not airtight, I might not trust it that long, but if its in the fridge it should keep. .....just keep it well damp, or cook it off, and keep the cooked dish.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I could fry it tomorrow and keep the fried bits until monday. Or maybe I'll take my chances and see how it smells by monday. 42 Years of experience without a fridge sometimes but not wanting to throw away food have taught me my plumbing can handle quite a lot of unwise eating decisions...
    Thanks for the advice!

3. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I suppose you can mix up dinner a bit or share it with everyone around the table. Tofu kebabs with salad, or with soup and rice or on salad. or as you said fry it and eat it another time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Or if you're at home during the day, have it for lunch instead

• Like Like x 2
  5. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

My dogs are very much in favour of this solution!
    All good ideas. Stupid thing is that I'll need to go shopping only for a new piece on monday if I eat it before, and I have everything I need to last me to wednesday or thursday.
    Oh well, we'll see :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Greeting my fellow teabags and pumpers hope you all had a good day.

Just had my worst hypo for a long time dropped really fast from BG 3.5 to BG 2.4 and heading was spinning felt really woozy. panic sets in so cup of coffee 6 sugars and disconnect the pump. Took about 10 minutes before even felt remotely normalish. Now waiting for the inevitable huge spike

Welcome back @porl69

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My 2 year old grandson does one of those when you say no. Both hilarious and cute!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. evilclive

evilclive Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Very It's a Knockout.

We had a company away day once which climaxed with a race where the organisers had got hold of some of the old costumes from it's a knockout, and I was lucky enough to be the runner in one. I now have a huge amount of sympathy for all those people on the programme who were seen wandering off in completely the wrong direction, or lying on the ground unable to move. Though our team did win the race (my team were responsible for picking me up when I fell over and pointing me in the right direction) :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

None of it works for me. What I have 1 day will not work the next. Too many variables. I wing it with every meal depending on where I am, what I have done, what I am going to do and what I am eating. I then correct or eat accordingly. Or not at all on a good day. All made easier by my self funded Libre. A fantastic piece of kit. It is eating into my old age care/funeral costs, but if there is no money left because the NHS won’t fund this relatively cheap object then it will cost them a shedload later.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  11. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just got back from 2 days working in Blagnac and 5 days holiday in Toulouse

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone, hope you're all keeping well. Mr B is a very good bin man and our neighbour even better when we're away. It was sweaty betty hot in France but the sky was so bright blue that waking yesterday to UK grey sky, rain and cold, a 15C drop was a shock to the system
    Madam BG was tolerable,only a couple of hypos!! ate bread, drank rose wine and walked
    Fingers crossed for good weather, the garden has escaped again but I have to say I love the colours
    Glad to hear your cat is on the mend @slip

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Morning guys and the weekend is here.
    I am working at my other job today, promoting an Iced coffee drink, but I doubt I will try it, as it already has sugar in it :rolleyes: as I haven't had sugar in drinks for 46 years lol, but, I may have a sip on my break?
    Have a good weekend :)
    edited to change word.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Robinredbreast

How are you today, hypo's are the pits at times ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. WuTwo

Think of the Libre as a provision for your old age in that with it, you're more likely to actually have an old age? And to not need the care costs!

• Like Like x 2
  16. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, off to see friends in Hampshire, staying overnight whilst I have no dog or puppy responsibilities. Am doing a few things like that until 4 weeks time when puppy arrives. Woke on a respectable 4.7 this morning despite Libre telling me I was hypo.

Have a good weekend all, whatever you're up to, I'm planning to, setting off with plenty of Prosecco for this evening ;)

• Like Like x 6
  17. Robinredbreast

Have a great time and Hampshire is beautiful, just wish the sun would come out :happy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a great weekend

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Morning all - yesterday's Very Bad Mood has mostly worn off, probably as a result of doing the clearing and decluttering in the areas which had been fully ignored since last summer! The music room, however, has several bags of stuff for sorting out in it for the next seriously rainy day! All neatly hidden, though, so I can still go in and do the few music lessons which carry on over the summer and purposely ignore it all.

Not sure how I used to organise myself before the sturdy orange Bags for Life with elephants on them appeared in my world. They make an excellent basic first sort device, then I feel accomplished when I've done the next level of sorting, bag at a time. So, there are two bags of organist's stuff, three bags of tutor stuff which is non-confidential but worth keeping in case I do this role again, and a bag of finance/life admin to do when I'm up to it again. Possibly after I've been and replaced the shredder which died a few years ago, but I never replaced as I've had easy access to a workplace industrial one + a colleague who had the results of my shreddings for a pet so we never felt I was adding to the workplace recycling.

However, I'm still mentally and emotionally utterly wiped out and disinclined to do anything more than mooch and pootle for the next few days. Madame DP is taking full advantage of this to play up or Levemir is on its end of pen need more basal game.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. WuTwo

@Japes - dunno whether to like or hug, so I went for hug :)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook