Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've heard through the grapevine that DAFNE is being updated to include a module called "Diabetes and Decadence - how to relax in a lovely hot bath without your cgm sensor falling off."

The initial drafts are advocating reclining in the bath with the sensor arm hanging loosely over the side of the bath in a louche, rakish fashion so as to (a) keep the sensor out of the water, and (b) hold a glass of champagne.
Will they include champagne to practice? I'm starting to get interested in those courses after all.

Reactions: hh1

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've heard through the grapevine that DAFNE is being updated to include a module called "Diabetes and Decadence - how to relax in a lovely hot bath without your cgm sensor falling off."

The initial drafts are advocating reclining in the bath with the sensor arm hanging loosely over the side of the bath in a louche, rakish fashion so as to (a) keep the sensor out of the water, and (b) hold a glass of champagne.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning!
@Diakat there are some mean people out there. I once left a message on someone’s windscreen when I knocked their wing mirror off. They rang me thrilled I had fessed up but told me not to worry they would sort it.
@Antje77 that facemask looks like the growth on a nectarine I just dumped.
@hh1 shower, shower, shower! Hot baths raise my levels and take too much time up. Husband hates the thought of sitting in own mucky water. Plus bad for environment. Would get rid of ours, but is proving useful for grandson at the moment. Another couple of years and a luxury walk in shower beckons.
Have a lovely Sunday all. Having a roast today. Not something I usually do on a Sunday these days, but had a pheasant in the freezer I needed to use up.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I get my insulin every 3 months, and I use up the old insulin first so I regularly use insulin that has been sitting in my fridge for 4 to 5 months and have never noticed a difference.
Have you looked at your fridge temperature? Also, stuff kept in the fridge door is subject to quite a lot of temperature changes, you could try a place in the back (if you're sure it doesn't freeze in the back of your fridge). With the hot spell that could be the problem. And now I'm wondering if I should move my insulin from the door to the back...
@Antje77 and @ert I keep my insulin in the salad box:D

Reactions: Antje77

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, so happy to see the sun again.
@hh1 I shower and bath. The preference depends on the time of day, what I've done or what I'll be doing. This morning I'm not having either as I'm going to spend the day in the garden or down the tip so I should be well stinky and ache later. I'll decide then if the aches are big, it's a soak.

I had a brilliant day at Country File Live yesterday and thought I'd walked miles.. I hadn't taken that many steps. I watched some fab Staffies doing agility and they were wonderful. It's a shame Mr B doesn't want one.

Listened to Whisperine Bob talk about his life and the influence of music. Splendid. Matt Baker was OK but he looked a bit bored at times. Drank some lovely Severn Cider, single variety. OH, OH, BG wasn't expecting that. Had a sausage no bun and felt the world was a grand place. British Charolais and other animals were an eye opener.

I went to bed on 15.3 having increased basal
Woke on 15.3, so that's OK
Bunged in some more bolus
Let the day commence. I'm going to make the blueberry muffins today @Robinredbreast, if I'm not too stinky to go to the local shop

Have a lovely Sunday:)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, going to pick up some tiles today and take my dog's food to the local animal sanctuary. I don't want to keep it until puppy's old enough to eat grown up food and all my local friends feed their dogs different food and prefer to keep them on what they're used to (I always did too). Besides, anywhere that looks after lost/stray/abandoned/had to leave home animals gets my support. Have a good Sunday all whatever you're up to :)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone,

blood sugar behaved reasonably well overnight, though I did do a 1 unit correction around 2 am, but that was better than the correction the previous night, so hopefully none might be needed tonight.

Just finding ways, today, to avoid the too many people around for the festival, have to go out early, as they all get up quite late. Which was actually better in may ways, anyway.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, awoke on 7.1 which is better and I have work today, promoting Oggs vegan cakes, I have seen them in the shop I am going to, but they're not cheap, compared to other cakes, but I will do my very best.
Yesterday's cleaning and cooking kept me very busy, freezer is a bit empty now, but clean and frost free :) and I made a cottage pie too, 1/2 last night and the rest today.
Happy Sunday, hope you all have a good day :)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, awoke on 7.1 which is better and I have work today, promoting Oggs vegan cakes, I have seen them in the shop I am going to, but they're not cheap, compared to other cakes, but I will do my very best.
Yesterday's cleaning and cooking kept me very busy, freezer is a bit empty now, but clean and frost free :) and I made a cottage pie too, 1/2 last night and the rest today.
Happy Sunday, hope you all have a good day :)

I bet you could persuade anyone to buy an Oggs vegan cake, RobinRedBreast!

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning!
@Diakat there are some mean people out there. I once left a message on someone’s windscreen when I knocked their wing mirror off. They rang me thrilled I had fessed up but told me not to worry they would sort it.
@Antje77 that facemask looks like the growth on a nectarine I just dumped.
@hh1 shower, shower, shower! Hot baths raise my levels and take too much time up. Husband hates the thought of sitting in own mucky water. Plus bad for environment. Would get rid of ours, but is proving useful for grandson at the moment. Another couple of years and a luxury walk in shower beckons.
Have a lovely Sunday all. Having a roast today. Not something I usually do on a Sunday these days, but had a pheasant in the freezer I needed to use up.

I do like a bath, especially with aching bones, upper right back, also you can chill out the body and the mind too, but showers are quick and easy. My bath has helped a few of times regarding medical conditions and I couldn't of done without the bath, plus I recycle the water with buckets, and a watering can and at least I am in my own mucky water :hilarious: :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Next consultation I’ll be sure to enquire about the DAD course. Not entirely sure where it’ll lead but in for a penny and all that.:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ALERT ALERT ALERT. Post #21168 @helensaramay is guilty of mentioning not only Christmas but presents as well.
Surely this cannot be tolerated. :woot::woot::woot:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
ALERT ALERT ALERT. Post #21168 @helensaramay is guilty of mentioning not only Christmas but presents as well.
Surely this cannot be tolerated. :woot::woot::woot:

It only needs someone telling us how many days/hours/minutes/seconds there are to go and we’ll all be screaming.
But . . .
Persian food sounds fabulous!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Just a quick Q
If the steroid injection I've had had caused my BG to rise and therefore as a result I've had to increase insulin because of becoming insulin resistant.
Will the resistance go away or will I have to do something to get my basal/bolus input down to pre-steroid level.
Sorry to harp on!