Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
Husband’s off to thwack a little white ball with a couple of friends, socially distancing of course, sometimes excessively distancing when they go to look for the ball in the long grass. Husband also looks for squirrels and for the young fox that he takes treats for.
I’m off for a socially distanced walk and chat with an old friend; we’ll spend some time on a bench where we have coffee from our thermoses and she has the late breakfast she brings. There’s always a lot to talk about: I feel very sorry for Mrs Noah in the mystery play - her chauvinist hubby wouldn’t let her bring her ‘gossips’ on the ark.
Have a good day everyone, may bloods behave and smiles be had.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 thanks for the pics, I get it now! Never seen anything like it, and I guess I'd be avoiding it on the grounds of using as little plastic as possible. Which doesn't mean to sayIi don't get p****d off when I prick myself detaching & disposing of needles, so I can see the sense in it :happy:

@LooperCat good to hear from you, hope all's good with work & study.

And my news? Well, later on I'm off for my first haircut in 6 1/2 months. To be fair, it was pretty short but it's grown out amazingly well - so much so that I've had a stream of people telling me how good it looks! So not really going for a haircut, more a trim & tidy-up as I'm planning to see how long it gets before I'm fed up with it. Kinda scary that my most exciting news at the moment is that I'm getting my hair cut :eek:

Have a good day all.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hello hypo, wide awake 2.47am. Not funny, waiting for BG to move.
Fed up

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1599655169200.jpg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
How easily our system goes out of balance sometimes. I feel like I have been playing catch up with lows and highs for a couple of weeks now, ever since I got dry socket from a tooth pulled. I'm really not doing that bad, but it feels wrong. So your above quote @karen8967 fits me to a tee right now!

I look forward to getting back to snorkeling, I had to wait extra long for the bone to heal. In the meantime we had a last minute get together of classic VW bugs, a few dune buggies and a Karmann Gia. About 25 of us drove around our island Labor Day. That was fun. I have missed it!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, where was everyone yesterday? My day disappeared in an appointment, working on a reply to a consultation for our parish council, dog walking, gardening - the time just goes faster and faster.

@SueJB and @Marie 2 hope you're both fully fit again soon, hope everyone has a good day. Dog sitting my friends two dogs as usual on a Thursday if I'm around, so mine'll be happy with other 4 legs to play with.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That sounds a really fun way to spend labour Day @Marie 2! You’ve picked a great place for retired life, plenty of action.
I empathise with the highs and lows situation; trying to analyse and fix some here. Basal testing began yesterday morning and showed Basel’s fine for the chosen stretch, then supposedly swift Fiasp took 45 minutes to cut in and by then I was sooooo hungry the cat began to look worried. Next stretch of testing might reveal the cause.
No socks were worn, so it can’t have been that.
Oh well, onward and upward, or down, or up and down.
We had a very socially distanced trip to older daughter’s house yesterday to raid their fig tree while she was at work and her partner was indoors. Masses of lovely ripe ones so we shared with lovely nextdoor neighbours. They have a fig tree too but birds ate theirs - I did wonder why there was a spate of distinctively not constipated birds around a few days ago. Our fig tree’s being non-compliant, just two summer figs but hundreds of unpromising autumn noblets.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, there seem to be so few of us about now and wonder why that might be. It's such a shame that so many wise people have disappeared.

I think I might have a read about how to do basal testing and see if that sheds any light on these hypos. I've only had this condition for 3 years and initially I had very good control, it's useless now. I freaked last night and overcompensated waking up with a stonking headache and a high BG. At least I woke up!
Figs sound good, I have a small one that only produces knobs too @Fairygodmother , I'm going to knock them off and replant it in the spring

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, there seem to be so few of us about now and wonder why that might be. It's such a shame that so many wise people have disappeared.

I think I might have a read about how to do basal testing and see if that sheds any light on these hypos. I've only had this condition for 3 years and initially I had very good control, it's useless now. I freaked last night and overcompensated waking up with a stonking headache and a high BG. At least I woke up!
Figs sound good, I have a small one that only produces knobs too @Fairygodmother , I'm going to knock them off and replant it in the spring
If it’s small it might be young so it may be worth giving it another year? Ours took a while to establish. It has masses of figs last year, but had a rest this year, maybe it found this year’s spring weather uncongenial.

Reactions: SueJB
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, 4 th day on the school run and it;s games with the Nintendo switch ( I think it is) and the children are all getting on well, (probably shouldn't of said that) lol. I was telling them how bad I was at playing Mario Kart, I was so bad, that I was in hysterics with laughter and my daughter took a video of me, this was about 18 months ago.

Last edited:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone have a good day im off to Llangollan for the weekend cant wait
Have a great time Karen, hope the weather's kind to you.

Woke on 5.2 by Libre, 4.7 by meter, happy with either/both of those. My morning bgs are always better if I do somethin physical after dinner; last night's exciting activity was a load of ironing. Hey, I really know how to live! :hilarious:

Reactions: karen8967

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
If it’s small it might be young so it may be worth giving it another year? Ours took a while to establish. It has masses of figs last year, but had a rest this year, maybe it found this year’s spring weather uncongenial.
It's in a pot