tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Morning all

Off to hospital with Alan (OH) this morning; he's having a CT colonoscopy as he's been having tummy troubles. He has diverticular disease so hopefully just a problem with that and nothing worse. He's had to starve since Saturday evening and is very tired this morning.

We're not due at the hospital until 10.30 so no rush for me this morning.
Hope all has gone well.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Thanks @tina_marie. Alan's procedure went well but he had an allergic reaction to the stuff they injected him with; he came out in hives, went very red all over & his eyes went bloodshot. The consultant and a sister were called, they gave him a huge dose of piriton and he had to just sit it out till it all calmed down. Anyway he was soon back to normal and starving hungry.

Back to work for me today.

Have a good day.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I had a lovely day but yesterday and the day before I was pestered by a rather dodgy Polish Family who were staying with me a few years ago, driving me out of my bedroom to sleep on my sofa. My Care Coordinator has raised another safeguarding alert. Max cooked me chili con carne and boiled brown rice last night which was delicious.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@heh is your o.h recovered? And yourself?
Yes, thanks, he was right as rain the following day. I'm pooped tonight, in work we moved 15 years of archived filing from upstairs to downstairs this morning then out to a trailer this evening, definitely got a good workout :D

How are you?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'm really well thanks @heh. I'm seldom on the forum now but pop in from time to time. Busy with voluntary work family and friends. Still receive emails from the site and am glad to see you all doing well. Kindest regards

Reactions: heh

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
With regards to tech of any sort everyone should get themselves a teenager, they cost a bit to feed but will save you money in the end. Gotta speculate to accumulate. :D

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trouble with having teenagers is that you can never find one when you need one.. worse than dogs at bath time!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my friends,

I'm back at my local library checking all my favourite social media and email websites. My Care Coordinator has agreed to buy me a new laptop computer and I've chosen a Windows laptop computer.

My Care Coordinator has raised another safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults alert regarding the deviant Polish Family, my lovely friend, @13lizanne, and I'm awaiting my move to supported housing where my Care Providers feel I'll be safer.

My blood glucose reading this morning after some mugs of coffee with 2 sugars and full cream milk was 11.0 mmol/L.

I'm hoping to talk to my elderly, frail 87 year old father on my landline phone this morning at 10:00 am.

God bless you all in the awesome name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Moderate to Severe Asperger's Syndrome, Adult ADHD and Insulin-Resistant Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Lower Musculoskeletal Lower Back Pain caused by Wear-And-Tear xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good evening, my lovely kind fellow diabetic friends,

I just received a brand new USB port keyboard for my Acer Chromebook laptop computer from a friend that I had a rocky start to my relationship called Max. It works! Max has really redeemed himself and has cleaned every square inch of my council flat, cooked delicious meals for me, helped me remember my medication, run my bath and helped me in every way possible. I did get off to a bit of a rocky start with him and I weighed him up wrongly and I apologize. He speaks well of my dead mum and sister and my elderly dad too and says they sounded like thoroughly beautiful people. I like Max. He thinks the world of me and thinks I'm incapable of doing bad things even though I do have a shadow and have tendencies to have autistic meltdowns and overreact sometimes with regards to my Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD. He's also promised to stay in touch with me once I've moved to my supported housing.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Friends,

I ate 4-5 Sainsbury's Cream Crackers and about half of a small red peeled onion (like an apple) since taking my morning medication and at 12:07 PM (BST) my blood glucose reading was 10.2. I've also been drinking smoked glass mugs of decaffeinated black coffee each with 3 Sweetex at different times of this morning.

From @JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger's Syndrome, Adult ADHD and Insulin-Resistant Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. xXx.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron has been to see g.p. today. He's now on 25 mgs of pregabalin for 2 weeks to then increase it to 50mgs for a further 2 weeks then increase again to 75 mgs for 2 weeks . If it works Ron will then have them put on repeat but if not gp will increase it to 100mgs . So I asked gp will Ron notice a difference in neuropathic pain ,gp said he wouldn't . So my question is how will we know if it's working?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron has been to see g.p. today. He's now on 25 mgs of pregabalin for 2 weeks to then increase it to 50mgs for a further 2 weeks then increase again to 75 mgs for 2 weeks . If it works Ron will then have them put on repeat but if not gp will increase it to 100mgs . So I asked gp will Ron notice a difference in neuropathic pain ,gp said he wouldn't . So my question is how will we know if it's working?
My balance improved as I could feel my baby toe once more, on my right foot.
Ron's may improve too?
Also tablet is to try and prevent more pain, I think.
Like for me too, they are very slow in giving me this tablet at GP practice but A&E was ones who started me on mine. They told me I had a bad GP! Gulp!!! If I had a GP to myself everything would be picked up, even iron levels dropping. I think one of my GPs has relaxed and sees bariatric team will pick everything up now. Other GP is more involved.
I'm not a straight forward patient. Even I cannot keep up. But then I'm not medically trained.

Last edited:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
My balance improved as I could feel my baby toe once more, on my right foot.
Ron's may improve too?
Also tablet is to try and prevent more pain, I think.
Like for me too, they are very slow in giving me this tablet at GP practice but A&E was ones who started me on mine. They told me I had a bad GP! Gulp!!! If I had a GP to myself everything would be picked up, even iron levels dropping. I think one of my GPs has relaxed and sees bariatric team will pick everything up now. Other GP is more involved.
I'm not a straight forward patient. Even I cannot keep up. But then I'm not medically trained.
I wonder what they would make of ours . Even though the Dr at Derby royal has written to the surgery about Ron choking on metformin they still haven't changed it for liquid version. All the gp has done is looked at his meds and RE issued them. Ron even asked for a meds review. All he got told was that pregabalin and tramadol clash. G.p didn't even check his bp which because of one of Ron's meds he is suppose to be having regular checks done .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Evening, my lovely, kind friends,

This morning, my friend Max made me two halves of home made doner kebabs by heating the pitta bread until it rose under a moderate grill, cuttint it in half and opening it up to form a pocket, thinly slicing the roasted lamb meat with Max's sharp knife, thinly slicing some cucumber with the same utensil, and adding a pinch of salt distributed over the mixture, finely ground black pepper and half a lemon squeezing the juice evenly over it and then stuffing the lamb slices and cucumber with lemon juice, salt and black pepper in the pitta bread pocket.

Max also did 4 lots of washing for me and has been cleaning my flat to help me to maintain it. Tonight, he is going to cook me a very healthy home made chicken and vegetable soup with chopped potato, chopped carrot, chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks, onions, garlic, cauliflower and chicken stock cubes.

Max has been a lot calmer and has cut down on his alcohol intake and never smokes cigarettes in my flat.

My blood glucose reading at 5:28 PM BST was 7.2.

Reactions: Petaluk

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good evening, my friends,

I had a good morning at St Thomas' Hospital Eye Department for my Ocular Hypertension eye condition which, if left untreated, can incur glaucoma. My interocular pressure and visual acuity were borderline and they don't want to see me for another 6 months.

Today, I've eaten 2 slices of cheese on toast earlier on and my blood glucose just now was 6.3.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
How are @ickihun and @heh and @13lizanne and @eldergarth and @tina_marie?

Max was a bit obstreperous yesterday and this morning and accused me of not being caring which I know isn't true but I've been ruminating over it, going over it in my mind again and again. I find out about my 24-hour care assisted living accommodation tomorrow at 11:30 am. I've been placed as a high priority because of my vulnerability. I've been maintaining my prayer life and have been praying for @ickihun, @heh, @eldergarth and @tina_marie and everyone with type 2 and type 1 diabetes on this Forum. My diet hasn't been very good and I'm really struggling with the fab LCHF diet. My blood glucose today was 8.1.

My blood pressure the other day with the additional Doxazosin tablet of 4 mg was very good, though, and was 132/66, so that is good. I'm now 213 over 7 months quit from my tobacco misuse but becoming dependant on the nicotine replacement therapy oral sprays. My smoking cessation nurse is concerned it's going to affect my heart.

God bless you and prayers to you all forever in eternity.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

Reactions: heh

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
How are @ickihun and @heh and @13lizanne and @eldergarth and @tina_marie?

Max was a bit obstreperous yesterday and this morning and accused me of not being caring which I know isn't true but I've been ruminating over it, going over it in my mind again and again. I find out about my 24-hour care assisted living accommodation tomorrow at 11:30 am. I've been placed as a high priority because of my vulnerability. I've been maintaining my prayer life and have been praying for @ickihun, @heh, @eldergarth and @tina_marie and everyone with type 2 and type 1 diabetes on this Forum. My diet hasn't been very good and I'm really struggling with the fab LCHF diet. My blood glucose today was 8.1.

My blood pressure the other day with the additional Doxazosin tablet of 4 mg was very good, though, and was 132/66, so that is good. I'm now 213 over 7 months quit from my tobacco misuse but becoming dependant on the nicotine replacement therapy oral sprays. My smoking cessation nurse is concerned it's going to affect my heart.

God bless you and prayers to you all forever in eternity.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.
Hi johnny Ron and I are doing OK thanks. We're still plodding on . Ron has decided that after Tuesday he's doing without metformin as it doesn't seem to have any affect on bgs . Plus he's still having trouble swallowing . The nurse is aware of the problem but won't issue an alternative . The Dr at Derby royal has also written to our gp stating that he is choking but gp hasn't done nothing about it . Hope your all enjoying the hot weather , seems we have more to come.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I got up and took my morning medication of metformin, ramipril, bendroflumethiazide, amlodipine, tamsulosin and carbamazepine and my 20 mcg lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide subcutaneous injection. Last night I ate a small portion of jamaican curry stew chicken and rice 'n' peas. This morning I ate for breakfast a toasted bacon sandwich with ketchup.