Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

M

Moggely

Breakfast cheese and tomato on a slice of homemade bread. Made with almond flour. Lunch nothing. plenty of green tea and water. Dinner. Piece of fish with side salad. Maybe later tonite might have a chia lemon desert with 2 strawberries.

Reactions: millenium
N

nomorechoccy

Well breakfast was shop bought muesli ( going to finish bag and then find something else for breakfast) lunch will be sausages eggs and onions with some watercress. then work with some slow release oat biscuits to get me through. tea will be gala pie and salad.

Jaz006

Breakfast - scrambled egg and bacon on wholemeal toast.

Lunch - Mackeral salad with spring onion and red pepper

Tea - chicken fillet with runner beans from the garden, cabbage from the garden and peas from the garden.

Snacks - small fruit pot of grapes, raspberries and blueberries. Then later one long ice pop

Drinks - water, water and more water

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Breakfast half a tin of pink salmon two Ryvitas.

Lunch one banquet with one and half sausages

Two capaccinos

Dinner chicken breast dessert spoon sweet chilli lettuce tomato

Strawberry’s with one teaspoon sugar.

Water fruit juice

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
5.7 @ 5am. 12 hours ago, my patient has eaten 30g rice noodle, 70g boiled chicken, one hard boiled egg, 90g bean sprouts, 20g fried bean curd(all cooked weight) in a broth of coconut milk, dried chilli, ginger, garlic, onion, curry powder. And finally 100g of navel orange.

Reactions: Bigbumcooper

Beefeater

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning 250g closed cup mushrooms, one slice of black pudding (superfood), two double yolk farm eggs and an extra thick rasher of bacon fried in beef dripping as I do most mornings. Pub dinner consisting of 12oz Ribeye steak (rare) and 4 large flat mushrooms with side salad. For tea cauliflower cheese. A great day.

supersonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6am had a Bowl of Rice crispies Bg after 2 hours was 11.2
1.35pm had a big mack Bg after 2 hours was 10.2 beginning to think I'm not very good at this.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not been here for a while

Today

Tea
B: Raspberries & Greek yogurt, 2 poached eggs, 2 grilled mushrooms, 1 grilled tomato, 2 grilled bacon, 1/2 avo. Total 12.6g carb
Tea
L: Ploughmans (from blood sugar diet), melon, Mullerlight yogurt. Total 33.4g carb
Tea
Tea
T: Slow cooker roast chicken, Tesco cauliflower buffalo bites, corn on the cob. Total 29.1g carb
Iced coffee - milk for this and in my tea during the day 9.6g carb.
Glass of red - 2g carb
So I've had 86.7g carb today.

M

Moggely

Yours is the kind of menu i like t read on this forum because it contains stuff I haven't a clue about but i might want to try and sometimes, you cannot google that thing

In America, there used to be a kind of processed cheese spread called laughing cow, but there was not a light or heavy version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Laughing_Cow

don't have a clue what is a butty?

We have Activia yoghurts but don't know about the NAS. Here in America, most of the Activia choices are extremely high carb because in addition to the yoghurt with extra probiotics, they contain a truckload of different kinds of jam

So I come to the broccoli and cauliflower patty from Iceland. They look interesting. I never know from your better food labels one thing that is useful on our food labels and that it what is considered a portion size. Do you eat one of those, two of those or what? The ingredients are kind of alarmingly unnecessary, some of them, 38% is milk, 58% is veggies, and the carb content is higher than the cheese content:

Single Cream (Milk) (38%), Broccoli (32%), Cauliflower (19%), Modified Potato Starch, Grated Emmental Cheese (Milk) (3%), Bamboo Fibre, Stabilisers: Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, Methyl Cellulose; Egg Yolk, Salt, Flavouring, Garlic, White Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Turmeric Powder.
Basically, if you like the flavor, why not take some frozen broccoli, some frozen cauliflower cover it with whatever kind of cheese chunks you like, nuke it, have it more cheesy and a cup of it would not exceed ten carbs, half of which would be fiber

What are fine beans?

_____________________\\

Today I had for breakfast some half chicken half egg salad , about a cup of plain yoghurt with about a quarter cup of cornelian cherries from my front yard, off the tree, kinda tart, a couple cups of coffee with full fat milk

lunch was a cup and a half of borsht (dried porchini mushrooms, beets, red and yellow carrots, a turnip or two, shredded bok choi cause I didn't have any other kind of cabbage, celery broth from celery sees cause I didnt have any celery stalks around. Drank maybe a pint of hibiscus tea mixed with mountain sage herb tea

Had the same thing for dinner as breakfast on some micro thin buttered Afghani bread they make locally around here. It is about a foot wide and maybe 4+ feet long and I had a three inch strip. 1/8 = 10 carbs. I had around 1/12 or less Also a lot of mixed salad greens and most of a small peach for dessert which was absolutely awful so I didn't finish it.

The real crime for today was I went to a community sing of Brahms Requiem and at the refreshments afterwards, i had a brownie, about two inches by1 1/2 aka killer carbs, aka, bad 4 me, aka I ought to be ashamed. It was sitting there glistening, on a plate, lonely. I succumbed. No, I plucked it deliberately. Probably 15 carbs but tasted like 50

Shame on me!
@Contralto Ahhh but did you enjoy it/.:hilarious:. Nice to just eat as you please now and again.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I come to the broccoli and cauliflower patty from Iceland. They look interesting. I never know from your better food labels one thing that is useful on our food labels and that it what is considered a portion size. Do you eat one of those, two of those or what? The ingredients are kind of alarmingly unnecessary, some of them, 38% is milk, 58% is veggies, and the carb content is higher than the cheese content:

Single Cream (Milk) (38%), Broccoli (32%), Cauliflower (19%), Modified Potato Starch, Grated Emmental Cheese (Milk) (3%), Bamboo Fibre, Stabilisers: Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, Methyl Cellulose; Egg Yolk, Salt, Flavouring, Garlic, White Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Turmeric Powder.
Basically, if you like the flavor, why not take some frozen broccoli, some frozen cauliflower cover it with whatever kind of cheese chunks you like, nuke it, have it more cheesy and a cup of it would not exceed ten carbs, half of which would be fiber
Just like them and it varies the menu. We have one each, one = 7.9g carbs

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Tea
B: Greek yogurt, 2 boiled eggs, water
Tea
Apple
L: Ham & tomato butty on super seedy bread, peach, Activia NAS yogurt, tea.
T: Beef sausages slow cooked in red wine sauce with butter beans, glass of red wine.