Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
6.7 this morning , higher than for many months. Its been creeping up over the past few days . Can it be the calf cramps I'm getting in the night which I think are a result of me getting back into cycling? Nothing too dramatic you understand just a couple of miles as I'm trying to ease myself into being fitter. I'm feeling stronger and have more energy so its all a bit, well, unclear /confusing.....

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.2 at 7am. Was expecting higher due to eating sweet cake early evening yesterday whilst out to stop early signs of hypo but also took gliclizide/ metformin late at bedtime as 'forgotten to take with evening meal! A stressful/ confusing day!

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a new user to this forum...I'm not able to find where can I ask a question..?
I'm a type2..My doctor gave me 500mg metsmall (after breakfast)and 750mg mexformin(after dinner)

I'm not able to understand is this high dosage..some of my frnds consume only 80mg..

Now my sugar levels are 118 mg/dl

Post lunch 127mg/dl

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9.8 this am cant seem to get it down.
Perhaps keep a diary to see what your day is like and look for patterns.
Also, have a look at the low carb threads.
For myself, I find that carbs are to be avoided and not too much protein from meat. A bit of cheese or a couple of nuts at about 10pm might help. I also walk a lot.
Take your time, it will come down.

Reactions: bigjim19

Netty144

Type of diabetes
Type 2
7.6 this morning,4.8 last night no late night snacks,I'm following a lo carb diet, my bg numbers have improved from between 10 & 15 in a month to 5&6, and I've lost a stone in weight, could it be I'm eating my evening meal too late, we eat about 7.30 pm.