Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How forward do you want to be?
Very far and very fast - somewhere between 4.4 and 5.3 i.e where I was from March 9 to March 17 - only 4 days in that range in between then and now.
“Your previous accomplishments should be your stepping stones; you need them to jump up. They should not become beds that should keep you comfortably sleeping.”
Israelmore Ayivor,

Last edited:

JanetMcDowell

Very far and very fast - somewhere between 4.4 and 5.3 i.e where I was from March 9 to March 17 - only 4 days in that range in between.
“Your previous accomplishments should be your stepping stones; you need them to jump up. They should not become beds that should keep you comfortably sleeping.”
Israelmore Ayivor,

Are you on medication or just diet

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 at 8am.
Expected it to be higher due to an evening meal out last night. Tapas which included pitta bread, dips and small rosties. Pre meal 4.4 and 2 hour post reading over 7 where it stayed until i went to bed at 2am. Tested every 2 hours to see at what point it would go down, well it hadnt by the time i nodded off. But i really enjoyed the food and had more or less what i would have had prior to diagnosis. Using an afternoon tea for 2 voucher we got for christmas today. Taking our daughter who can have my portion!!! Im sticking to chicken salad!

JanetMcDowell

No. In just think it may be either virus or start of hay fever. My fbg does drift up with illness. Daily averages drifted up from 4.8/5 to 5.3 - one bad day 5.7. The main drivers of this rise are first 2 readings of the day.

So on the upside you hopefully will see it settle in the next week or so. I presume this doesn’t affect your HbA1C.

Reactions: Goacher55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So on the upside you hopefully will see it settle in the next week or so. I presume this doesn’t affect your HbA1C.
No, it shouldn't affect HbA1C - that is due around June 16th. I am just mighty dischuffed with my body's performance right now. I need it to get with the program asap - parents lost my patience gene:angelic:

D

Deleted member 308541

6.2 this morning however the temptations of Easter are almost gone for another year - soon gone will be the hot cross buns and chocolate eggs - thank goodness - I am so weak
Hmmmm! A preachment, dear friend, you are about to receive on John Barleycorn hot cross buns, nicotine chocolate eggs and the temptations of Eve"

Repent your lack of self control and be five in the am fasting. :D

Reactions: geefull