Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also find a walk after each meal helps to lower after meal spikes. I was injecting Lantus 10 to 20 units and 5 to 7 Novorapid after each meal when I was following the advice to eat lots of starchy carbs with each meal. This dropped dramatically the lower carb I went.
Keep it up look as if we're doing the right things.

Reactions: ianpspurs

JanetMcDowell

I haven't been testing much as I am trying to figure out how to rejig what I eat and as I have 6 monthly tests I have a little window to experiment. Also, we had 2 granddaughters in a week at the end of July and Mrs P got the mad idea we should see them - even though a) they are only girls and b) they won't wake up for about 6 months :arghh: Then her 88 year old mum discovered she has atrial fibrillation, had a mini stroke in 2011 she didn't remember and needs a knee replacement :oops:

What some people do to enjoy themselves. I think you’d be better just testing especially since your wife’s Mum is struggling a bit. My blood sugar was 5.2 this morning. Good Morning everyone else.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What some people do to enjoy themselves. I think you’d be better just testing especially since your wife’s Mum is struggling a bit. My blood sugar was 5.2 this morning. Good Morning everyone else.
Nice fbg @JanetMcDowell. Testing properly is not hugely important for me until late September/early October. Right now I will randomly test as a check e.g. today 5.7