Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Up a little as a result of a girly night out at the local tapas bar which included 2 glasses of prosecco and a red wine (of the large variety!).

I have a dilemma. The lady I was dining with is my best and longest friend. Her daughter is getting married in the beautiful lake district in January. My first wedding in the lakes. Exciting. So last night she told me that the hen party is going to include an afternoon tea. My dilemma is do I go for it! Not hooveringeverything up in front of me obviously. Has anyone had an afternoon tea as a treat and what effect did it have on your BS.

I realise we are all different but I'm just interested at this point.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.4, a bitty higher but I'm not surprised, tis with a heavy heart I report back from waddlers world today, the sun has a new hat on but I think I'll be a window waddler today and remain caged up. Not so good but at least my diabetes is behaving a bitty better. Increase the peace my lovelies.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I’ve got that lurgey too - I’ve been putting it down to an allergy to daughter’s cat for a couple of days but yesterday started with achy limbs earache and headache etc too.
Hope you feel better soon, have you got work today?
Aww hope you aren’t suffering too much? I had to call in sick, I hate doing that but I should have been delivering training today, that requires mind and body to be fully functioning, today that is not the case.

Reactions: DJC3

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Up a little as a result of a girly night out at the local tapas bar which included 2 glasses of prosecco and a red wine (of the large variety!).

I have a dilemma. The lady I was dining with is my best and longest friend. Her daughter is getting married in the beautiful lake district in January. My first wedding in the lakes. Exciting. So last night she told me that the hen party is going to include an afternoon tea. My dilemma is do I go for it! Not hooveringeverything up in front of me obviously. Has anyone had an afternoon tea as a treat and what effect did it have on your BS.

I realise we are all different but I'm just interested at this point.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Ooh that is a dilemma, it’s so hard isn’t it when faced with this type of decision. I’m not sure what I would do, the temptation is to enjoy the delights of an afternoon tea is a difficult one. On the few occasions I have been in a similar situation I have had a real battle with myself, I say to myself it’s only one meal but because I know that my meter will probably show me a number I really don’t like seeing I generally chicken out.

Reactions: Debandez and Jemz

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww hope you aren’t suffering too much? I had to call in sick, I hate doing that but I should have been delivering training today, that requires mind and body to be fully functioning, today that is not the case.
Hope you recover asap - isn't a holiday looming? Need full health for that if so.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

And you probably would have infected a whole room of trainees, so a wise decision to stay put.
Hope you feel better soon, at least I don’t have to think about work now and I’m happy every day because of that.
Have you got some nice low carb treats to help?

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And you probably would have infected a whole room of trainees, so a wise decision to stay put.
Hope you feel better soon, at least I don’t have to think about work now and I’m happy every day because of that.
Have you got some nice low carb treats to help?
That must be wonderful to wake up everyday knowing you don’t have to go to work :)
I have plenty of treats of all varieties but don’t really feel like eating, managed half of the lovely omelette that was lovingly made for me this morning, doggy enjoyed the other half;)

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

paspa2.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Holiday in France. (with no diabetes)
IMG-20180825-WA0000.jpg