Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Argh, day 5 after diagnosis, day 3 with my monitor. 8.3 this morning when I woke up, and when I checked at 1 p.m. it was 8.4, still not eating anything and only drinking water. I was able to get down into the 5's yesterday.
Carry on your doing great! It does take a while for the fbg to come down. I'm almost 3 months into my journey and still get a higher fbg. I always like to see a 5 :) only ever seen a 4 once

Tvfm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
13.9 and a headbanging phone call of the duty pharmacist from the Dr because I asked for more lancets, "I should only be testing when driving on gliclazide" I pointed out my diabetic nurse wants me to test morning, night and driving. God it seems like nobody has a clue what to do.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Argh, day 5 after diagnosis, day 3 with my monitor. 8.3 this morning when I woke up, and when I checked at 1 p.m. it was 8.4, still not eating anything and only drinking water. I was able to get down into the 5's yesterday.
It sounds like you are suffering from Dawn Phenomenon or Liver Dump. Here’s some info about it:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose/dawn-phenomenon.html
It may sound contradictory but eating a low carb breakfast shortly after waking up may help, as your liver is no longer panicking that you are starving. Even after nearly two years from diagnosis I get a degree of DP if I skip breakfast.

Reactions: Adm_Mad

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
5.9 again this morning

fasting BG is ALWAYS my lowest of the day......gradually rises as the day goes on which probably means I'm having just a touch too many carbs......had no lunch yesterday and the 2 readings either side had less of an increase than normal so that makes sense......going to try no breakfast this morning(but will have lunch) to see if those 2 readings behave the same.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
you should eat something.....a bit drastic to long term fast so soon after diagnosis?

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been high the past few weeks so I've not been posting. Was 10.4 fasting today and 14.8 after dinner. But before dinner yesterday I was 5.0 so it does come down at times.

Have let too much bread and rice creep back in. Need to tweak my diet.

Hope everyone's ok.
Least you have an idea what the culprit is. Hope you manage to get your levels down soon