Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mrskmrsk

First time poster and need guidance please. Diagnosed T2 six weeks ago. Taking 2 x 500mg Metformin daily. Test bg every second day. When first diagnosed bg was 24. By end of first week on meds reduced to 18 and then levelled off between 5 and 6.

But yesterday it was 3 and this morning even lower at 2.5.

Is this to be expected?

Reactions: mo53 and ianpspurs

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time poster and need guidance please. Diagnosed T2 six weeks ago. Taking 2 x 500mg Metformin daily. Test bg every second day. When first diagnosed bg was 24. By end of first week on meds reduced to 18 and then levelled off between 5 and 6.

But yesterday it was 3 and this morning even lower at 2.5.

Is this to be expected?

Hi @Mrskmrsk , welcome to the forum, please feel free to start your own thread in an appropriate subforum. You’ll get more help than tucked away here in a fasting blood sugar thread with very low chat level.

Reactions: Rach612 and Prem51

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
A high 8.1 today

but also got my flu vaccine Friday morning which gave me a strange reaction strange metallic taste then itchy mouth throat and tongue so had to stay longer for observations 10 minute wait ended 40 minutes later doctor wasn't worried and think she didn't believe me. So I decided to go as although still had itchiness was starting to settle down but when got home took some telfast and was very exhausted then had dinner then slept so I think combination of everything spike my BSL.
I'm still not sure about getting the vaccine for covid19 at the moment either