Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
Good Lunar Eclipse day from Montreal.

My morning BG was 4.8mmol/L out of bed.
Run morning and came back from a 6km with a BG of 5.2mmol/L pre breakfast..

I read that normal fasting BG for non-diabetics ranges from 3.8 or something up to 5x mmol/L. Is that correct. I remember having hypos at 3.x mmol/L when I was on Glyburide. I still have a few tabs of Glyburide left. I've read that Glyburide or hypos' rather are hard on the heart.

Last edited:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Lunar Eclipse day from Montreal.

My morning BG was 4.8mmol/L out of bed.
Run morning and came back from a 6km with a BG of 5.2mmol/L pre breakfast..

I read that normal fasting BG for non-diabetics ranges from 3.8 or something up to 5x mmol/L. Is that correct. I remember having hypos at 3.x mmol/L when I was on Glyburide. I still have a few tabs of Glyburide left. I've read that Glyburide is hard on the heart.
Good day @oldnevada The total eclipse must have been a magical experience.

You're stringing together some good BG numbers. Well done you. The FBG range you quote for non-diabetics is near enough right.

Glyburide belongs to a class of drugs called sulfonylureas which are widely prescribed to treat Type 2 diabetes.
Glyburide has been associated with an increased risk of hypoglycemia and long-term cardiovascular mortality compared with other drugs in its class.

• Friendly
Reactions: mojo37 and flonvic