Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Hi members,
My fastings BG were in the region of 13-15 when diagnosed in Jan 2106, now with a modified diet & intense exercise, i have managed to bring it down to a consistent 6-7.5 mmol/L
I am looking to improve on these numbers quickly but my BG seemed to have plateau these 2 months at this level.
Tried most of the methods recommended on all med-sites & here, any other methods that worked for you that you may share?
Much grateful to any suggestions.

Reactions: 12 people

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Deb, you are completely right of course, but it's the proximity of my second A1C that's frustrating me....you know me a little now...very focused...but I can't buck the platelet averages, so I shall do my best to take your advice and chill:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum
@KevinPotts 2 weeks before my Hba1c I had an abscess, 2 lots of anti-biotics, and a repeat of 1 of them for a second week. Then I was on holiday in France. I didnt hold back on the menu, eating creme brulee, fries, chocolate mousse and more wine in a day than I care to admit to, plus the Kronenbourg Blanc test. My Hba1c was 44 down from 63. My take is that with 2 weeks of delinquent BG I have some headroom for the next Hba1c.
In short, relax Kevin

Reactions: 9 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow .... well done - do you feel OK with it that low?
I do. My blood pressure tablet gives me a lack of hypo symptoms so I have to be careful. Took one 500mg metformin tablet with yesterday's dinner so took less insulin. Will take the agreed 2 tablets a day for a week starting today. So I'll reduce my insulin again tonight.

Reactions: 8 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@KevinPotts 2 weeks before my Hba1c I had an abscess, 2 lots of anti-biotics, and a repeat of 1 of them for a second week. Then I was on holiday in France. I didnt hold back on the menu, eating creme brulee, fries, chocolate mousse and more wine in a day than I care to admit to, plus the Kronenbourg Blanc test. My Hba1c was 44 down from 63. My take is that with 2 weeks of delinquent BG I have some headroom for the next Hba1c.
In short, relax Kevin
At the risk of teaching grandma etc etc, HbA1c tests glycated haemoglobin in the red blood cells which are active for around 3 months, so a couple of weeks will have a much lesser impact on the overall reading.

Reactions: 10 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi members,
My fastings BG were in the region of 13-15 when diagnosed in Jan 2106, now with a modified diet & intense exercise, i have managed to bring it down to a consistent 6-7.5 mmol/L
I am looking to improve on these numbers quickly but my BG seemed to have plateau these 2 months at this level.
Tried most of the methods recommended on all med-sites & here, any other methods that worked for you that you may share?
Much grateful to any suggestions.
Have you looked into the Low carb program? https://www.diabetes.co.uk/lowcarb/ It has worked wonders for me, I have lost 18 kg in 6 months and my FBGs are regularly around 4.5 - 5.2. And on top of that it gives a greater understanding of nutrition and why carbs have a significant impact on blood glucose levels.

Reactions: 5 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree ️ and since doing intermittent fasting it's improved loads and I'm a lot less greedy!!! X

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

Reactions: 11 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.9 which is strange as I havnt been eating properly. First full frost this morning, everything is white :)

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BIG confession.......... 7.1 today; not been 7 since LCHF, i.e. for several months.....must have been the pralines and cream ice cream that I 'thought I'd test out' last night. Back to making home-made!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
In short, relax Kevin

Brilliant...that has really pepped me up. I'll do exactly as you say:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 6.4 which is in good diabetic range.
See what day 2 of metformin and reduced insulin brings.
Less insulin = weight loss hopefully.

Reactions: 13 people
D

debrasue

5.1 @ 6am
(More happy dancing! Especially since I had a bottle of Corona lager and some chocolate cake last night at the BBQ. Reading was 6 two hours after dinner.)
:)

D

debrasue

This thread has become a lot more interesting since peeps are allowed to post comments as well as just figures...

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I agree ️ and since doing intermittent fasting it's improved loads and I'm a lot less greedy!!! X

----------
I wouldnt say greedy but craving carbs. Not your fault. Its a chemical reaction. ;)

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This thread has become a lot more interesting since peeps are allowed to post comments as well as just figures...
More posters lately too. The more the merrier.
I love @ally1 s. I look forward to seeing her result. And @Cumberland s. Mine is a surprise most of the time.
Its lovely to know we are not alone in our fight on diabetes. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldnt say greedy but craving carbs. Not your fault. Its a chemical reaction. ;)

That's very kind of you but I was sooooo greedy. Everything was about food. It's like that any more now. X

----------

Reactions: 4 people