Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Well my fasting bg was 5.2 at 5am ... which is nice to know as today will be so difficult for me ... my dear mother's funeral :( I will be glad that she will be in Dad's grave with him by 10.15 this morning. As my brother Tony said 'She has kept him waiting a long time' They were so close and she has outlived him by 24 years. RIP Mum xx

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I discovered something astounding yesterday, a blood test result from 1986 where I had a fasting bloodsugar of 125 and another one later that year of 130. I was diabetic and didn't even know it. And wasn't told .

That’s staggering! Over 30 years!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my fasting bg was 5.2 at 5am ... which is nice to know as today will be so difficult for me ... my dear mother's funeral :( I will be glad that she will be in Dad's grave with him by 10.15 this morning. As my brother Tony said 'She has kept him waiting a long time' They were so close and she has outlived him by 24 years. RIP Mum xx

My heart goes out to you @Mal37 . I’m glad you have other family members around to help support you and share the pain.
My mum died 14 years ago but I can still remember how hard I found the funeral, I didn’t think I’d get through the day. Afterwards I felt as if I’d been holding my breath since she’d died and I could at last let it out. I still miss her every day but the grief changes and gets less painful. Sending a big hug to you today.

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
My heart goes out to you @Mal37 . I’m glad you have other family members around to help support you and share the pain.
My mum died 14 years ago but I can still remember how hard I found the funeral, I didn’t think I’d get through the day. Afterwards I felt as if I’d been holding my breath since she’d died and I could at last let it out. I still miss her every day but the grief changes and gets less painful. Sending a big hug to you today.
Thank you for your kind words DJC3 and Yes my fiance will be driving over this morning, so he will be a wonderful support for me. I won't be posting again today but thank you to all who know what I'm facing today xx

Reactions: xfieldok and DJC3

JanetMcDowell

Hope today goes Ok. Stay strong.

Reactions: ianpspurs

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your kind words DJC3 and Yes my fiance will be driving over this morning, so he will be a wonderful support for me. I won't be posting again today but thank you to all who know what I'm facing today xx
Hi, I would just like to say that what @DJC3 said is true, time does heal, the pain and loss does subside but we never forget. I lost my mum 15 years ago, after a very short but aggressive illness. Today will be hard but you will get through it, my thoughts are with you.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Am so sorry for your loss if your mum x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 which is a fantastic result after hosting a dinner party last night. 3 courses. Tempura battered prawns with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce!!! Low carb moussaka and salad then 85% chocolate dipped strawberries. 2 glasses of red. Coffee with cream. You really could not tell that it was a low carb affair. My friends loved it. And so did my t2d!!!