Vegan/Vegetarian Products You Love and Recommend Trying!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
upload_2019-7-10_13-43-1.png

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I'd like to take a look at the ingredient list on the pack. If I see them in our supermarket I ust make sure I take a close look.

Luckily the only foodstuff I'm allergic to is chili so I can eat all these things. Problem is, there's a lot of them I don't really want to eat.....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I thought they were no soya, no gluten products. Did I miss something, BB?

What is beyond meat made out of?
The company's two flavors of Beyond Beef imitation ground beef product, Beefy and Feisty, are made from pea proteins, canola oil, and various seasonings. The soy and gluten-free pea protein mixture initially resembles a paste before being heated and processed by an extrusion machine.
upload_2019-7-11_6-23-58.jpeg

Reactions: Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
As BB is mostly carnivore, I suspect he was commenting that they're not chicken or beef rather than they're not gluten free.
Probably :(

I have Beyond Meat burgers now and then, they are a bit expensive for a regular treat, and are only available in Tesco, where I don’t tend to shop. However, I’m passing a big one on the way home, and need to pop in to their internal Holland & Barrett so will pick up a pack for dinner so I can check the label.

They’re an amazing alternative, they’ve got the taste and texture spot on.

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi WuTwo! Here are the ingredients! I hope you can read it ok. But I think if you can't you can pull it up by just putting it in search.

upload_2019-7-10_19-54-33.png

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Beyond Meat does have chicken strips and patties too, they are very good!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Thanks @Marie 2 - I see it uses pea protein. Good to know - my husband would eat them very happily, I think. I am trying to make his move to vegetarianism as easy as it possibly can be!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yea, the fake meats really help with that! My husbands first love was the fake hot dogs! Of course back then there were no decent fake burgers!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought they were no soya, no gluten products. Did I miss something, BB?
beyond meat "chicken and beef"
I don't think so ....they are pea protein no chicken or beef involved whatsoever.
The tiresomeness of correct language..

* Post edited by a moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose, for complete accuracy, the words Chicken and Beef should be in inverted commas, but on a thread for vegan and vegatarians discussion, its really obvious that they are not made from any animal products.

Thanks for pointing these products out to me people.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I suppose, for complete accuracy, the words Chicken and Beef should be in inverted commas, but on a thread for vegan and vegatarians discussion, its really obvious that they are not made from any animal products.

Thanks for pointing these products out to me people.

Exactly!

Reactions: WuTwo and Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Even though i am not vegetarian or vegan, this thread has been so informative and mostly great, so many top idea's. Top Banana award :) Thanks @Marie 2

Reactions: WuTwo

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Cauli hash browns sound really good, I love cauli mashed potatoes!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Cauli hash browns sound really good, I love cauli mashed potatoes!

They sound good! We must get some over the weekend.

My husband went to two supermarkets today - Sainsburys and Asdas - and each was in the process of expanding their vegan and veggie frozen food sections. Asda were putting Oumph out for purchase! Before you could only get it from Holland and Barrett.

He was actually just mooching but I'm glad he was! Also he picked up some Kinnertons dark chocolate for me and I am so grateful. It's my favourite and although a bar won't last me a week, it'll last a good few days.