Treatment type
Diet only
Started. 144.20kgs (22st 8lb) 2nd Jan '17
Friday 122.50kgs (19st 4lb) 12th Jan '18
Today. 124.60gs (19st 9lb) 19th Jan'18
Last week. 123.70kgs (19st 7lb) 26th Jan'18
Today. 122.70kgs (19st 4.5lb) 2nd Feb'18
Lost. 22.50kgs ( 3.5st)

Well I'm a yo-yo at the minute but I guess just reflecting my diet.
I've added 1.2kgs :( :( :( not surprised as I've has some weird bgs. One minute 18.2 then after evening injection 2.8. Because I've missed metformin occasionally and taken same insulin for no metformin at times but not realising less insulin resistance then got one hypo. I was higgledy piggledy with carbs (porridge, and hypo treatments mainly) last week. I'm confident now I'm OK as out grocery shopping today and Wednesday. Kids are off 10days so economy food only has to be bought otherwise we would hit trouble. They are keen to go swimming but not sure any money for it as food has to come first! I'm working on improving our finances but won't be for a few months a resolution thou. I'll just muddle through, I have no choice.
I know how import it is for the kids to have their activities and as a family too. I cannot just take money for my needs from that limited pot right now!
Next week should be better, fingers crossed.
I know helping my fatty liver with a very low carb diet will make all the difference and a tad depression can influence my determination, in everything. Seeing psychologist on 16th as I really cannot face my GP practice too many times. That alone depresses me!

Hope you can get help with mood - I am so desperate for spring and more light - I'm finding this winter tough

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning! I've now completed 33 days of blood sugar diet. Weight loss seems steady...

Start weight on 7/1/18: 114.2 kg
Weight last Fri, 2/2/18: 104.5 kg
Weight today, 9/2/18: 103 kg
Weight loss this week: 1.5 kg
Total weight loss: 11.2 kg

Still enjoying the diet, and been more active this week but I do need to try to be a bit more active.

Keep it up - #worthit :)

I walk (a lot) - and find that really helps (mood as well as weight)

Reactions: mo53 and ToveyKath

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Somewhat amazingly I have lost weight this week. 0.7kg down on last week. Had put on 1kg last week so not quite back to where I was 2 weeks ago, but getting there.

As long as it's going in the right direction you're a winner :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope you can get help with mood - I am so desperate for spring and more light - I'm finding this winter tough
Misses. Look at your achievements on weight loss. Fantastic results. Let them carry you through. That's why I put mine in every weekly post, to remind me how I did it and started in Jan'17. So it was winter too so I'm not going to allow winter to make an excuse for me, never again. Yes, I'm less active but different painkillers are not as good as tramadol. If I ask for antidepressant some add weight so we all don't want that....but I may have no choice. My mood can make a huge difference on how I see things. I'm up to my neck in kids for 10days now so I'll have to wait til their back to school to chase after my gp practice to fit around them. I'll just manage, as always.

You must focus on how well your body is reacting and being IR and achieved your loss is phenomenal!!!! You are a winner! You are aiding your body to work well. Focus on that, always. You must be off next week? Anything planned?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all how did it get to Friday weigh in again?
Managed another maintenance week no loss but no gain would be good to loose a couple more pounds but think my body seems to be settling at this weight at the moment.
More importantly my bgs continue to come steadily down and are mainly in 4s plus off my blood pressure meds just need to keep it going and keep checking in here .

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost. 22.50kgs ( 3.5st)

I've added 1.2kgs :( :( :( not surprised as I've has some weird bgs. One minute 18.2 then after evening injection 2.8. Because I've missed metformin occasionally and taken same insulin for no metformin at times but not realising less insulin resistance then got one hypo. I was higgledy piggledy with carbs (porridge, and hypo treatments mainly) last week. I'm confident now I'm OK as out grocery shopping today and Wednesday. Kids are off 10days so economy food only has to be bought otherwise we would hit trouble. They are keen to go swimming but not sure any money for it as food has to come first! I'm working on improving our finances but won't be for a few months a resolution thou. I'll just muddle through, I have no choice.
I know how import it is for the kids to have their activities and as a family too. I cannot just take money for my needs from that limited pot right now!
I know helping my fatty liver with a very low carb diet will make all the difference and a tad depression can influence my determination, in everything. Seeing psychologist on 16th as I really cannot face my GP practice too many times. That alone depresses me!
When I suffered severe depression and anxiety several years ago - mainly reactive I think as I am carer to an adult son who has autism, epilepsy and bipolar and both my boys also developed bipolar at 15 years old quite a basket of worries especially trying to combine work too - I ended up seeing a psychologist and was lucky enough to get support from her for a couple of years it was so helpful a lifeline to me just being able to talk to someone non judgemental. I also took the pills which were very helpful at the time. I now manage my mental health with mindfulness app Headspace and Pilates but I’m no longer depressed so it’s prevention rather than treatment - take care and hope the psychologist as as helpful as mine was.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Lost. 22.50kgs ( 3.5st)

Don't be discouraged ickihun, it's the long game we need to play and there are bound to be ups and downs. Try to stay positive & it will help you to face the challenges. You have achieved so much & I'm confident you can turn things around. Family time is precious, but the free activities are just as valuable as those that cause financial worries. Try searching free family fun in your postcode area & see what it throws up. Good luck this week

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all how did it get to Friday weigh in again?
Managed another maintenance week no loss but no gain would be good to loose a couple more pounds but think my body seems to be settling at this weight at the moment.
More importantly my bgs continue to come steadily down and are mainly in 4s plus off my blood pressure meds just need to keep it going and keep checking in here .
That's brilliant, well done!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow ! Well done everybody! A brilliant week! I think this is the friendliest and most supportive thread ever!

@ickihun yes I'm aiming to do my 4th hour of swimming today. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning (just!) Late posting this morning as I’m loosing track of the days after my foot op and not working! Am walking a tiny bit more now, just using one crutch, so my weight loss is still very small this week, just 0.2kg. Hope to get walking more but my foot just swells and becomes painful if I do too much. Surgeon said it can take up to six months to stop swelling. However as long as the weight change is downwards not up I’m happy :happy:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.8kg 9th Feb’18
Total lost = 32.2kg/5stone 1lb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning (just!) Late posting this morning as I’m loosing track of the days after my foot op and not working! Am walking a tiny bit more now, just using one crutch, so my weight loss is still very small this week, just 0.2kg. Hope to get walking more but my foot just swells and becomes painful if I do too much. Surgeon said it can take up to six months to stop swelling. However as long as the weight change is downwards not up I’m happy :happy:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.8kg 9th Feb’18
Well done on your loss it must be hard when you can’t get around as much and would imagine harder to keep distracted away from food! So an excellent result

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
145 Lb today a couple of pounds down from last week. But as I'm looking to maintain at 147 Lb not too far off.

Reactions: ToveyKath

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning! I've now completed 33 days of blood sugar diet. Weight loss seems steady...

Start weight on 7/1/18: 114.2 kg
Weight last Fri, 2/2/18: 104.5 kg
Weight today, 9/2/18: 103 kg
Weight loss this week: 1.5 kg
Total weight loss: 11.2 kg

Still enjoying the diet, and been more active this week but I do need to try to be a bit more active.

Well done to you too!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Don't be discouraged ickihun, it's the long game we need to play and there are bound to be ups and downs. Try to stay positive & it will help you to face the challenges. You have achieved so much & I'm confident you can turn things around. Family time is precious, but the free activities are just as valuable as those that cause financial worries. Try searching free family fun in your postcode area & see what it throws up. Good luck this week
We wont have petrol money nor bus fare. Mr ickhun cannot take kids on their own due to his illness and cannot walk to our large park now. I was their regularly before my back gave way and fed ducks and had picnics after playing on the big climbing frames. (the kids, not me ha ha)

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.8kg 9th Feb’18

You should be really pleased with that - off your feet and still a weight loss! Well done!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.8kg 9th Feb’18
Probables more weight off if you have swelling hun. Your loss is brilliant!

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We wont have petrol money nor bus fare. Mr ickhun cannot take kids on their own due to his illness and cannot walk to our large park now. I was their regularly before my back gave way and fed ducks and had picnics after playing on the big climbing frames. (the kids, not me ha ha)

Sorry to hear that. Good old fashioned games and puzzles in the house maybe? I’m sure you’ll find a way to enjoy some quality time. Good luck