Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't reported in for a while, but I was weighed yesterday at my annual diabetic checkup: 98 kilos (fully clothed :D) which ties in fairly well with my more or less static 95 kilos at home. I have actually lost some real weight - which I can see from my arms, bust, and sort of attempt at a waist, but I'm also retaining a fair bit of extra fluid due to oedema. So I win some and lose some, but considering I more or less sit on my bumall day and scoff fat until it comes out of my ears, I don't feel I'm doing too badly!:wideyed:

Robbity

tsouza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 70 kgs till late 2017, but then suddenly lost 12 kgs due to persistent cardiac insufficiency caused by my mitral valve disfunction. It is fluctuating between 58-60 since I started taking insulin. I wonder if it is best left that way.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 70 kgs till late 2017, but then suddenly lost 12 kgs due to persistent cardiac insufficiency caused by my mitral valve disfunction. It is fluctuating between 58-60 since I started taking insulin. I wonder if it is best left that way.
@tsouza probably depends on what cardiac docs advise but my hunch is if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been a bit put out by slightly higher FBGs over the last month - high 4s and the odd low 5 instead of my usual low 4s.

This week I decided to have a strict week and see if I could nudge the fasting number lower. End result is I've lost 1.0kg since last Friday.

Will see if that continues down next week or I've I start maintaining again :)

5th April 2017 I weighed 115.3 kg - BMI 39.8
Today I weigh 63.4 kg - BMI 21.9

artdecomum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Four weeks since diagnosis so I have stuck faithfully to 800 calories or less and 20 to 30 grams of carbs. I only weigh on the first of the month and I have lost 21pounds. Really pleased and just hope to continue with the loss. BG seems to have come down from 7's and 8's to 6's and occasionally 5's. I have always struggled with emotional eating and boy has it been tough for the last 61/2 years as my husband was diagnosed with stage 4d bowel cancer, that's the stage beofre they can't do anything. He is now classed as terminal and we are living from chemo to chemo (every 4 months for 12 weeks). I have about 10 stone to lose and the diabetes has given me a real kick up the pants to get myself healthy and mobile (currently not) so that I can take care of myself. This forum has been such a huge help.

Reactions: rab5 and Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He is now classed as terminal and we are living from chemo to chemo (every 4 months for 12 weeks). I have about 10 stone to lose and the diabetes has given me a real kick up the pants to get myself healthy and mobile (currently not) so that I can take care of myself. This forum has been such a huge help.
@artdecomum That is a very moving post and I can only say enormously well done. You are an amazing person to face up to all life throws at you and fight back in such a strong way.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Four weeks since diagnosis so I have stuck faithfully to 800 calories or less and 20 to 30 grams of carbs. I only weigh on the first of the month and I have lost 21pounds. Really pleased and just hope to continue with the loss. BG seems to have come down from 7's and 8's to 6's and occasionally 5's. I have always struggled with emotional eating and boy has it been tough for the last 61/2 years as my husband was diagnosed with stage 4d bowel cancer, that's the stage beofre they can't do anything. He is now classed as terminal and we are living from chemo to chemo (every 4 months for 12 weeks). I have about 10 stone to lose and the diabetes has given me a real kick up the pants to get myself healthy and mobile (currently not) so that I can take care of myself. This forum has been such a huge help.

well done dear, you are doing fine, I am so sorry to hear of your husband's condition, good that you focus on having a fine time together, under those gruesome conditions, low level of carbs would maybe be good for you both, hope springtime will be sunny for you where you live now

Reactions: ianpspurs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just weighed myself and I'm now 134.80kgs humf!
No Metformin and more insulin units and less walking due to pain.

I'll weigh in again on Friday to see any loss.

Soooo looking forward to going back on metformin. Not imminent thou. :(
Thats my 2st difference, for sure.

Will try to do low carb from now til Friday to see if any loss.
In carb absence I convert protein for energy so no muscle repair. :(

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just weighed myself and I'm now 134.80kgs humf!
No Metformin and more insulin units and less walking due to pain.

I'll weigh in again on Friday to see any loss.

Soooo looking forward to going back on metformin. Not imminent thou. :(
Thats my 2st difference, for sure.

Will try to do low carb from now til Friday to see if any loss.
In carb absence I convert protein for energy so no muscle repair. :(

Oh poor you. I have gained 1 kg sadly

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Signing in ahead of my hols as will be on way first thing in morning!
Weight today 9 stone 1 pound so a couple more pounds off - 57kg now at 5foot 6 inches bmi is 20.
My DN wants me to stop losing weight and I agree - am trying to maintain but if I eat too little because of busyness it results in slight weight loss. Need to eat a bit more but not the bg highering stuff!
Spain usually good for this lots of fish, olive oil etc.
Hope you all have a successful weigh in on Friday morning will weigh in once home from my hols - happy week all.

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was 134.20kg on dieticians scales this morning with clothes on and a breakfast. So I may have lost 1kg.
I will weigh myself tomorrow to confirm. Let's see. ;)
Feeling very hopeful. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
26.4.2018: 93.9 kg , visceral fat score 11
11.5.2018: 92.8 kg, vicseral fat: 11, BMI: 24.9
Target: 90kg on 1.6.2018

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some great weight loss going on @BigIain @rom35 @ickihun

@shelley262 enjoy Spain

Have lost exactly 1 kilo this week, so almost lost the 1.2kg I put on last week and just 0.2kg away from where I was at the end of my 48 hour fast. Body fat percentage is down and some small losses from my waist, hips, chest and ‘muffin top’ so all good.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
0.2kg lost this week which I’m very pleased with considering my low carb but not low calorie weekend break at the coast over bank holiday!

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 78.9kg 11th May’18
Total lost = 36.1kg/5 stone 9 1/2lb

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was 134.20kg on dieticians scales this morning with clothes on and a breakfast. So I may have lost 1kg.
I will weigh myself tomorrow to confirm. Let's see. ;)
Feeling very hopeful. :)
I'm 132.60kg this morning so I've lost 2kgs (4.4lbs) since last Friday weigh in from my scales, undressed and before breakfast.
Hurray.
Walking has done this.
I just couldn't walk. New painkillers are starting to settle in. I'm wired at night thou so I'm sure that will settle down with my body getting used to dihydrocodeine. Slept last night thou.

Reactions: ianpspurs and rom35