Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rachox, some people just seem to find "their place" when it comes to weight. The only irritation is when "their place" isn't aligned to their desired "place".

I'd also ask anyone losing a material amount of weight (and 6st is a very, very material amount) that there may be some excess skin around which even if it isn't wrinkled or floppy just isn't filled out any more.

I didn't lose anything like as much as so many on here, but when I was being assessed for a potential Coleman Fat Transfer procedure, I offered up my midriff, declaring there to be fat present, only to be told I was wrong. My little bit of "fat" was in fact excess skin.

Afterwards, I could decide if I was more gutted to have excess skin or be left with a wonky bosom. I actually doubt I'd have gone ahead with the fat transfer anyway for other reasons.

I don't waste any head space wondering how much excess skin I might have, but it obviously weighs something.

Thank you for your kind words, indeed I am wondering if where I’ve reached is my ‘natural’ weight now. I do think I have a significant amount of fat in my spare tyre but may well have more excess skin there than I think.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have put weight on I suspect the increase in prednisolone is starting to drive weight gain again now at 157 Lb not good. :banghead:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I’m going to duck out of this thread for a while now. My weight has well and truely plateaued and it’s making me anxious every Friday to have to declare my figures. I’m not forgetting that I’ve lost six stone since diagnosis and know that’s a huge achievement which I’m very proud of. However the last stone and a half that I need to lose to achieve a ‘healthy BMI’ isn’t going anywhere fast :(
Don't write off because the liver is over working. Try a liver detox?

Reactions: rainbow79

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SW 231 lbs
CW 214.5 lbs
GW 130 lbs

I seem to have put on 2 lbs this week. Really struggling to stick to any kind of routine- too much emotional eating going on! So for now .... 4 small meals & no snacking, low carb not keto, eat to lower my bg & not weight loss.

Reactions: Canvaspic

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Lovely monthly has given me a 134.20kg weigh-in this morning.
I was 133.50kgs last Monday. 1lb add due to my period. Humf!!
Best get period over and done with. Hoping for op date soon. :)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Were you studying?
I have brought my expensive family back to the area I know like the back of my hand and where I can afford to live without many restrictions.
I was struggling with my health and a new baby without any childcare. First child was a doddle to look after but my new baby was very very hard work. Still is.
I've been very lucky with a very helpful council. They really help my children in the absence of any extended family support.

I tried to have children when I was younger but I was infertile even with huge weight losses, as weight was blamed but wasnt picked up as diabetic as I was using metformin for pcos and my own version of low carb. :(
I'm looking forward to this week's weigh-in as I've managed to restart swimming yesterday. I plan on 2-3 times a week, eventually.

Indeed I wAS degree then PhD punctuated by having 2 strokes at a very young age. I loved living by the sea.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Three months since I was diagnosed as type 2 (and began the lifestyle changes).

SW: 194 lbs
CW: 179 lbs
TW: 130 lbs

So 15 lbs in three months, but the odd thing is I didn't lose a single pound for the first two months. That 15 lbs has only been since August 22nd.

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I need help I’ve stopped losing but not gained either
Don't stress but relax into more movements with a new empty food diary and new empty bg diary. Concentrate on bgs and a refresher on what food can be changed. Give it a go. If liver dumping, try some fatty protein nibbles to keep bgs down.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm op target weight on my home scales. Hurray!!!! :) :) :)
As usual a slow process. Painfully slow. 800cals leave me starving so crunching raw carrots when I cannot bare it, at the mo.
Dietician said try fizzy drinks but I'll pass as after op none is advisable. I'm enjoying sugar free squash.
Not sure if this diet will constitute as pre-op liver shrinking diet or another similiar diet to follow before the op day.
I'm just happy my body is losing again. My iron is low which kicked off an asthma attack yesterday. Too many carrots must give inflammation. I don't normally eat them these days.
I may risk a lean steak to boost my iron. Broccoli and cabbage galore at the moment.
Thyroid is aching.

Reactions: Canvaspic

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is my weigh in date:

This week loss: 3.49 lbs, (1.58 kg)
total weight loss so far: 43.39 lbs (19.68 kg - 3 stone 1.39) BMI: was 48.0, now 39.5,

I started at 273.59 lb (124.09 kg)
I'm now 230.2 lb (104.42 kg)

Happy to finally be out of Category 3 obesity (morbid obesity) into Category 2 obesity with a new BMI of 39.5 and now lost a bit over 15% of my original weight.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
GP practice weighed me as 131.90kgs this morning. Smashing my weight loss goal... again. :) :) :)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 12 stone 12lbs (81.7kg). A loss of 4lbs. When there is no nuts (bar me) in the house, my weight loss moves along nicely. When there are nuts in the cupboard, it crawls along at about .1 lbs a day.
Hope everyone is well. Well done for sticking with it, have a great week.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Fellow Scale Crushers.
To catch the evil, lying scales that lurk in my bathroom out I didn't weigh on Friday leaving them to think it's Friday I'll get him.
So I crept into the bathroom room this morning and crushed them, waste of my time again, they were ready for me.........14st 10lb they giggled got you. I swear they is gonna get crowbarred, but Mrs J keeps putting the crowbar back in the garage.

They was lying again, I know I'm really 12st 5lb. My weight has not changed in many many years, they just make clothes smaller.