1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Kyi, Mar 11, 2016.

1. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

98 on the money. Eating cottage cheese, smoked salmon, lean meats , outrageous amounts of green leafy veggies. Making progress

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ultradad

ultradad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

99.7kg today so its going in the right direction :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

51.7kg for me
    Errant 4.5kg
    Errant (French word for stray, pronounced Erraunt, with almost silent t) has managed to gain 10 grammes.
    Bad Cat.
    Cutting his evening meal by one gramme from now on. Last week cut his morning meal.
    Still masses to do in the garden, just to catch up with grass cutting etc. Hope to be somewhere near in about a week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #4783 SlimLizzy, Jun 11, 2021 at 6:57 PM
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  4. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

first weigh in for a few weeks and pleased to say remained same which is good as have been away and eating out and takeaways a fair bit

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. LindaManville

LindaManville Type 2 · Active Member

This week I'm 15.9 stones

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. 1970clea

1970clea Type 2 · Well-Known Member

135.4lb - exciting :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. muzza3

muzza3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

85.1kg (1kg loss) on week 5 of PE Ratio Diet

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sarahjane41

Sarahjane41 Type 2 · Active Member

Didnt loose anything last week but 3 pounds off this morning!!!!

Only 1 pound off 2 stone in 8 weeks, going into week 9 determined, I've got a better understanding now I am testing my bloods and knowing what affects me.

Still got a terrible sweet tooth had 85% dark chocolate yesterday and woke up with 7.7 highest fasting so far it just wasnt worth it

Have a good week all xxx

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. SlimLizzy

52.0kg this week, weight gain because eating too many carbs.
    I now need to think about exercise as the majority of heavy work in the garden is done.
    Errant 4.3kg
    He had a few days off his food and as a result has lost 20g. I have had to change his food as well, ( can't find the one he is used to in the shops here) and now he seems hungry all the time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 1
  10. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

97 on the money, so down 1kg since last week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. ultradad

ultradad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

95.8 kg this week. Slowed down to 1-2 pound a week which i am ok with. The bloods are looking fine and the weight loss is a nice side effect. Looks like i am slowly moving towards a carnivor diet as the only carbs i have is a riveta (3.5 grams) at night with something on it :)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LindaManville

LindaManville Type 2 · Active Member

I've lost 2 lbs this week after starting a new med

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 1970clea

1970clea Type 2 · Well-Known Member

136.2lb

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. muzza3

84.6kg (.5kg loss).
    Very happy to hit my latest goal of breaking 85kg. Last goal was breaking 90kg so took 10 weeks to lose 5kg. new goal is to crack the 70kg range at 79.9. While not counting or eating my chickens until they have hatched starting to turn my thoughts to the end game and where I want to settle. BMI or SBMI or just make my own decision?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

So for me (and to highlight fluctuations for those that worry about their fluctuations as it’s totally normal)
    Friday: 73.3kg
    Sunday: 72.25kg
    So I either put on a kg in a week, or stayed roughly where I already was. So I’m going to take the latter and in general, staying average between 72 and 73 which is where I’m getting used to

I had a few aims when I started, to get out of obese levels of BMI and then kept going but at a certain point, even well within the technical ability to lose more and still be in the BMI range I realised that I looked in the mirror and thought, you look a bit skinny but only in certain places, so my chest and face starting to look bony, but my thighs are still quite big.

I could be between 59.9kg - 81kg for “healthy” bmi but for my own body I think I would be wrong to go to the low end, and my nurse and trainer agree. Where I am now (around 72 to 73) is okay, and maybe even putting sone on towards to 76 level May happen if I build up more muscle

I tended to put on weight all over, others I know it was on the stomach mainly, there’s a lot of difference person to person.

thing is there are areas I would like to lose more weight on but more weight loss will make other areas look even more skinny, so it’s about for me now targeting with exercise and muscle build.

every body is different, so how you look and feel counts and BMI has sone place but is an incredibly blunt tool. I know a number of muscled guys who are really fit but bmi obese.

So long winded way of saying that it depends on you.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #4795 Andydragon, Jun 20, 2021 at 8:27 AM
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  16. muzza3

Thanks @Andydragon

Still away to go but great that I can get feedback like yours who have actually done the great work and had to make those decisions

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

43.7 On deaf !

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. Sarahjane41

Sarahjane41 Type 2 · Active Member

I'm 2 pounds off 3 stone over 10 weeks, low carb low sugar low dairy low fat, I've been on trulicity 10 weeks tomorrow and changed everything I eat, this week I've been having roughly 20g carb a day and it's really working.

I've still got a long way to go but I can see n feel the changes now and its making me very determined as ive yo yo diet all ly life!!!

• Winner Winner x 4
  19. SlimLizzy

Grass cutting is what I said, more like hay making. The grass was waist high at this point.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Same weight last week and this week. Legs are more slender but worry I lose their strength before I get a chance to go back to a gym on top of daily walking more frequently. Self isolating Mon-Thurs this week as I have an investigatory and repair/removal-/+ operation. So walking around garden will be my walking limit with taxis to and from hospital.
    I'm wondering if hernia repairs and eventually reduction of abdominal swellings will eventually give me a few pounds less. We'll see.
    Dieticians were close to discharging me from obesity services but bypass is being naughty so having it checked by surgeon as pain at times seems unexplainable, to me. Now I've researched I feel more empowered to deal with upcoming operations.

• Hug Hug x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook