Weekly weigh in - Fridays

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started weighing myself weekly back in May (23rd was my first regular one - 24 stone, 5 3/4 lbs. This weekend, I was down to 23st 6lbs.

My target when I first started was 23st (only like setting small targets) so I am closing in on that, although I understand it might start slowing down as I start getting used to my new "Type 2 Status" and my new diet.

Reactions: LaoDan and muzza3

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
last friday 94.5 kilos gone a bit off the rails lately just checked 51 weeks ago i was 89.9 kilos so 4.6 kilos or 10 lbs gain in a year..maybe not such a disaster
my highest was 127 kilos and def weighed in at the doctors at 124 kilos about four years ago....

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
72.55kg today from 73.3kg last Friday, so a good plateau under the 73kg which is my aim.

Now if only I could get rid of the loose skin :arghh: I know it’s something I should be proud of but makes me sad anyway. Hopefully the gym will help and I may just have to live with it

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight 50.6kg lost a bit.
Errant 4.6kg.
Errant however has managed to gain 30 grammes. Probably due to having had a change of food. The new food recommends a slightly smaller amount than he is used to. To listen to his pitiful cries you would think he really is being starved. However the scales don't lie and his rations will have to be cut again. Before I do that will try weighing him again tomorrow.
Poor Cat, if only he could understand it's for his benefit.

Edit, Saturday weighed Errant again 4.4kg. I think this is more likely to be accurate. Am still cutting his rations though, by one gramme in the evening.

@ickihun well done you, and best wishes for successful operations. Hope it's all sorted out soon.

Last edited:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is this the lowest ever weight for you?
Have you seen a dietician or nutritionist?
Yes I think that is my lowest since I have been weighing myself ,not too worried yet because my BGS aren't too bad and are coming down and I feel ok .The only dietician that I saw sacked me because I wasn't fat !!!
No change in weight this morning
Carol

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes I think that is my lowest since I have been weighing myself ,not too worried yet because my BGS aren't too bad and are coming down and I feel ok .The only dietician that I saw sacked me because I wasn't fat !!!
No change in weight this morning
Carol
My GP insisted in investigations for cancer, because of persistent weight loss, I did ask to see a dietician, but they refused.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My GP insisted in investigations for cancer, because of persistent weight loss, I did ask to see a dietician, but they refused.
Should have been clearer. Despite intensive investigations nothing was found. But then I knew it was a dietry issue, but the Dr didn't agree.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First weigh for a couple of weeks. I've put back on the 2 lbs I had lost last time but am ok with that as an injury has kept me from any exercise for 4 weeks now.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
84.4kg (loss of .2kg) Pretty happy with that confirming breaking the 85kg barrier. With head cold early in the week and poor weather effecting walking not a bad result. Interesting week ahead with Sydney entering a 2 week stay at home order (Covid outbreak 82 cases in total) so while not directly impacted in Canberra will have impact on family and work. Also starting week eight of PE Ratio Diet and enjoying (cold aside) increased energy

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
97 again, gyms just reopened, I upped my calories to recover from DOMS, holding water due to muscle inflammation. Hopefully I can get back on routine next week

Reactions: muzza3 and DJC3

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not weighing this week as recovering from removal of gallbladder and heavy investigations into gastric bypass, hernias and adhesions. Very painful. More painful then original bypass. All ok now. Phew!
Just left with a very weak leg on same side as pains. A little temperature but expected. I'm keeping eye on bgs and temperature.
Good bgs again.
Ward granted me self management of insulin but they took their own finger picks and logs. No sliding scale. I think. None in recover that I remember. So hba1c shouldnt be effected much.
I'm swollen and bruised so just need to heal. Walking around in bungalow to build up leg muscles. I enjoy walking on good days.
So weighed before operation as 97.3kgs. I was swollen in tummy. I'm excited to see any weight loss next Friday. Living off yogarts mainly as appetite is low. I miss cooking meats and fish. Using tinned salmon, cod roe and mackerel. Although bought ¼lb lamb burgers (minted) for a late dinner yesterday. We all enjoyed one. It's true my diet can stay the same after removal of gallbladder. High protein; back I come. Looking to mix chicken with a sauce or two. I need to keep my muscles healthy. Especially heart.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning's weekly weigh in was 23stone, 4 1/4 lbs, from 23st 6lbs last week so further progress, even if it has slowed down a touch

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning's weekly weigh in was 23stone, 4 1/4 lbs, from 23st 6lbs last week so further progress, even if it has slowed down a touch
Slowing down is totally normal, as are fluctuations but the overall trend is the important bit towards you goal. Most recommendations seem to say kg a week is a higher end healthy drop (more is possible but I am not a fan of crash diets but sone medically supervised diets are faster to start I think) but anything downwards when you are looking for that is good too!

Also, at the start a large drop isn’t unusual, for various reasons and when you are larger you lose weight quicker I found but not to get disheartened at all when it slows

A slow sustained drop for me was important to allow by body time to adapt. It also feels a lot more sustainable than crash drops.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It all helps @garyclark82. Keep going. How are you doing it? Low carbing or lower calories or better bgs so you're able to reduce insulin needed?

I'm lower carbing than before - compared to some people on here, I'm still consuming a good amount of carbs but for someone who lived on rice, pasta, bread etc before being diagnosed, this is a huge step down for me. In time, I will probably reduce it further but right now, I'm just going to stick with where I am and see where it takes me - it cannot be worse than the way I was living before