Weekly weigh in - Fridays

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been feeling a bit off-colour most of this week, and my CGM has been all over the place (not due to carbs). So whether that's an excuse or not, I put on a pound this week.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
OK, back after a long break, depressed by my total inability to reduce my weight (though it hasn't increased).

72kg this week

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am very, very happy to report that after a 1.5lb loss this week, I have now lost exactly 100lbs!! I have still a way to go, but I am sticking with it. Currently, I have started to run (very slowly and only a little bit) and also I am now doing some gentle, light weight lifting, hoping to keep my metabolism up.

@filly I am pleased you have lost 1.2lbs, but I am sorry you are not eating, are you poorly? I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry you are off colour, too, @IanBish that will be impacting both your BG levels, which I am certain impacts our weight. I hope you are feeling better very soon as well.

Maybe thump those scales, @MissMuffett see if that gets them moving again! (I may be dating myself here a little bit, but that used to work for the television, back in the day)

Welcome back @EllieM it seems you have figured out the art of maintaining and that is very hard. I am glad to see you here again and good luck with some results soon.

Have a good week everyone and thanks again for the lovely support and encouragement - you are all so kind.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very, very happy to report that after a 1.5lb loss this week, I have now lost exactly 100lbs!! I have still a way to go, but I am sticking with it. Currently, I have started to run (very slowly and only a little bit) and also I am now doing some gentle, light weight lifting, hoping to keep my metabolism up.
I'm so pleased for you. To celebrate, I (badly) made a card for you. Very well done!

LeafyArts_card.png

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since last Friday: +2.87lb (+1.3kg)
Since the 8th of Jan: -21.6lbs (-9.83kg)

So, have had a rise in the past 2 weeks running (3 and a bit lb/1.5kg in total in 14 days.)

I think things after the initial massive weight loss are starting to even out a bit, I'll keep an eye for sure but probably eating less these past 2 weeks and BG is stable if anything so nothing I'm in control of going on, so not that bothered about that.

My back was out for a few months before I changed my way of eating too, so wasn't walking as much, and probably not using as many muscles. Now I can move a lot faster and longer distances, maybe there's a bit of muscle build up where I wasn't using them for a while too.

Probably a combination of things and physiological responses I'll never know about, so as I say, I'll keep an eye.

Smashed it out the park @LeafyArts !

• Friendly
Reactions: LeafyArts

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

@filly I am pleased you have lost 1.2lbs, but I am sorry you are not eating, are you poorly? I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry you are off colour, too, @IanBish that will be impacting both your BG levels, which I am certain impacts our weight. I hope you are feeling better very soon as well.

Maybe thump those scales, @MissMuffett see if that gets them moving again! (I may be dating myself here a little bit, but that used to work for the television, back in the day)

Welcome back @EllieM it seems you have figured out the art of maintaining and that is very hard. I am glad to see you here again and good luck with some results soon.

Have a good week everyone and thanks again for the lovely support and encouragement - you are all so kind.
Well done on the big weight loss. I have been in a lot of pain from my spine this week. Hence have not slept for three nights. Me and not sleeping is not good at all. Sleeping is the only way I recover.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to weigh this morning. Will do so tomorrow as have had a carb heavy week and need accountability to get me back on track and lose a few pounds

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sorry, I seem to have missed this. I'm feeling better today, but my CGM expired this morning. I still have another Libre in the cupboard waiting for me to stick on though.

And can I echo your thanks for all the support and encouragement given, not least by you. We'll all get to where we want to be in the end, I'm sure.

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since last Friday: +2.87lb (+1.3kg)
Since the 8th of Jan: -21.6lbs (-9.83kg)

So, have had a rise in the past 2 weeks running (3 and a bit lb/1.5kg in total in 14 days.)

I think things after the initial massive weight loss are starting to even out a bit…

Erm… got on the scales early this week and not sure if they’ve gone crackers as I weighed three times in different spots in case the floor was wonky.

I seem to be -12.94lb down this week.

Now I know I had 2 previous weeks of putting on a bit but was properly surprised. I mean I haven’t been eating a great deal either but I’ve not been hungry either.

Would be now

Since last Friday: -12.94lb (-5.869kg)
Since 8th of Jan: -34.61lb (-15.699kg)

Wat?!?!

Going to clean the feet on them later on and try again, seems a bit much to me…

Edit with real weight

Since last Friday: -6.94lb (-3.15kg)
Since 8th of Jan: -28.61lb (-12.98kg)

Last edited:

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Erm… got on the scales early this week and not sure if they’ve gone crackers as I weighed three times in different spots in case the floor was wonky.
Maybe try some experiments with weighing heavy items separately and then with you carrying them to see if the results match? 5.9kg in a week does seem like a lot to me, do you notice your clothes being looser?

In any case, congrats on the loss so far, whatever it is.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Well after a week of not eating much and not sleeping. Weight down 210.1 3lbs 1 oz Pleased at that at least.

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe try some experiments with weighing heavy items separately and then with you carrying them to see if the results match? 5.9kg in a week does seem like a lot to me, do you notice your clothes being looser?

In any case, congrats on the loss so far, whatever it is.

That’s a good idea @EllieM , I didn’t think to do that before I reweighed myself this morning, but will keep that in mind. Probably have something I know the weight of too to test.

I was wondering as I’d had more carbs this week than previous few weeks where I’d stalked and put on a few lb (not gone crackers, still moderately low carb even if the foods weren’t) even though I haven’t had much of an appetite, and have on the whole eaten a lot less. So it does make sense but not nearly 6kg of sense

I wiped down the feet and tried in the kitchen on the tiles and it was more like a -3.148kg for the week which is still quite a bit but not as surprising as I weigh almost twice the weight I was when I was 21, so it probably is coming off quicker than it would say I was closer to that. And the lst 3 weeks I’d had no movement in the downward trajectory.

I will come back and correct the record in here when I get to a computer.

Thank you so much for the support :0)

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A gain of 0.8lbs I’m following in your footsteps @IanBish :rolleyes:

@ravensmitten Most Tesco and Boots have scales if there are any near you so you can check your weight against your scales?

I think there’s an old pair in the bathroom somewhere, thanks for the tip though.

There is one at the leisure centre I visit for 20p but I’m afraid that I’m only just approaching the top weight it goes to, unless of course like the doctors scale it goes around again. So might try there.

Keith Saunders

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being able to eat the food I used to.
Hello folks. I'm back!

So I went missing after my check in on 16 February. Went skiing for a week and wasn't back for check in on 23rd. Came home on 24th, to find out I'd put 3lbs on :(

Not sure why I didn't post last Friday, had a lot going on, but I'd lost that 3lb plus another, so not all bad!

This week I have lost another 5lb, so that is a total now of 36lb's lost since beginning of December. Rather pleased with that as it put me below my target weight of 15st.

Got my 3mth bloods coming up in 12 days, with everything I am seeing with my testing (and currently trialling a CGM) am hoping to be in remission. Sure the weight lost will of helped as part of that.

Right am off again for a week. TTFN