Weekly weigh in - Fridays

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very, very happy to report that after a 1.5lb loss this week, I have now lost exactly 100lbs!! I have still a way to go, but I am sticking with it. Currently, I have started to run (very slowly and only a little bit) and also I am now doing some gentle, light weight lifting, hoping to keep my metabolism up.

@filly I am pleased you have lost 1.2lbs, but I am sorry you are not eating, are you poorly? I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry you are off colour, too, @IanBish that will be impacting both your BG levels, which I am certain impacts our weight. I hope you are feeling better very soon as well.

Maybe thump those scales, @MissMuffett see if that gets them moving again! (I may be dating myself here a little bit, but that used to work for the television, back in the day)

Welcome back @EllieM it seems you have figured out the art of maintaining and that is very hard. I am glad to see you here again and good luck with some results soon.

Have a good week everyone and thanks again for the lovely support and encouragement - you are all so kind.
What an achievement, @LeafyArts . As of this morning, I weigh 47kg, or 103.6lbs. I’m quite a compact person, but just trying to put your mammoth achievement in context.

Last edited:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello folks. I'm back!

So I went missing after my check in on 16 February. Went skiing for a week and wasn't back for check in on 23rd. Came home on 24th, to find out I'd put 3lbs on :(

Not sure why I didn't post last Friday, had a lot going on, but I'd lost that 3lb plus another, so not all bad!

This week I have lost another 5lb, so that is a total now of 36lb's lost since beginning of December. Rather pleased with that as it put me below my target weight of 15st.

Got my 3mth bloods coming up in 12 days, with everything I am seeing with my testing (and currently trialling a CGM) am hoping to be in remission. Sure the weight lost will of helped as part of that.

Right am off again for a week. TTFN
Not wanting to rain on your BBQ, but don’t bet too much on the Libre A1c being accurate. For me, it’s alway over 10 adrift. My lab results are usually 31-33, but the Libre usually has me 19-21.

I’m not looking to drive anything lower than the lab result, so I just ignore that aspect of the reporting. It’s trends more than specific numbers we’re looking for.

• Informative
Reactions: LeafyArts

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not wanting to rain on your BBQ, but don’t bet too much on the Libre A1c being accurate. For me, it’s alway over 10 adrift. My lab results are usually 31-33, but the Libre usually has me 19-21.

I’m not looking to drive anything lower than the lab result, so I just ignore that aspect of the reporting. It’s trends more than specific numbers we’re looking for.
My Libre reported my HbA1c as about eight points lower than my actual lab result. And that was only after the results of two sensors.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone! I managed to lose 1.5lbs this week, it seems the lower numbers are my new normal. I have tried very hard this week, too, managing some good early morning walks and getting very much into the swing of the Couch to 5K programme, which finally gets my heart rate up, otherwise it is as low as if I am sleeping. I am finding though, that I am feeling hungrier on the days when I run, which does result in a bit of (healthy) snacking. Mind you, I am keeping to my calorie limit and I am not really willing to drop my allowance down in case it messes up my metabolism, so I will have to accept a slower rate of loss for now.

Anyway, commiserations to @IanBish @MissMuffett and @May Mic for your gain, luckily they aren't huge amounts and hopefully will be off again by next week.

@ravensmitten - your scales are certainly giving you the run around, but that is a phenomenal loss, so well done!

Well done on your losses, too, this week @EllieM and @filly (I am sorry that you are still not doing too well, Filly, and I hope you feel better soon).

Welcome back @Keith Saunders - you have recovered well after your holiday gain and that is a great loss since the beginning of December and good luck for the screening results, I am sure you will be happy.

Gosh @AndBreathe you are tiny and I have lost an entire you! That is amazing and really does put it into context.

• Winner
Reactions: MissMuffett

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone! I managed to lose 1.5lbs this week, it seems the lower numbers are my new normal. I have tried very hard this week, too, managing some good early morning walks and getting very much into the swing of the Couch to 5K programme, which finally gets my heart rate up, otherwise it is as low as if I am sleeping. I am finding though, that I am feeling hungrier on the days when I run, which does result in a bit of (healthy) snacking. Mind you, I am keeping to my calorie limit and I am not really willing to drop my allowance down in case it messes up my metabolism, so I will have to accept a slower rate of loss for now.

Anyway, commiserations to @IanBish @MissMuffett and @May Mic for your gain, luckily they aren't huge amounts and hopefully will be off again by next week.
Thank you ;)

• Friendly

May Mic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@ravensmitten - your scales are certainly giving you the run around, but that is a phenomenal loss, so well done!

Well done on your losses, too, this week @EllieM and @filly (I am sorry that you are still not doing too well, Filly, and I hope you feel better soon).

Welcome back @Keith Saunders - you have recovered well after your holiday gain and that is a great loss since the beginning of December and good luck for the screening results, I am sure you will be happy.

Gosh @AndBreathe you are tiny and I have lost an entire you! That is amazing and really does put it into context.
Thank you. I know what I need to do. Knowing and doing sometimes conflict!

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, I am posting a day early because I will be out of town for the next few days and I won't be able to post while travelling and very busy. I weighed in this morning and I have lost one pound over the past 6 days. I doubt it would have been much more tomorrow morning anyway.

I hope you are all happy with your results and I shall try to pop in mid-week to see how you have all got on!

Good luck!

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
oh dear going the other way. 209.8 8 ozs on!

• Hug

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I am up half a kilo but I have had so many people comment on my appearance (positively ) and I only have one pair of trousers (out of 10) that will stay up! I need to buy a belt.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone - I am back after a busy several days on the road for work. Oh my, it has been hard to keep to my diet, I must confess. I tried, but sometimes it was guess-work on my meals and I spent a lot of time around people who loved to snack and that was a little too tempting. Oh well, I did lose half a pound, so that is a relief, but now I am going to try harder and get back to some decent losses (hopefully).

Meanwhile, on the exercise front, that hasn't been too bad, I mostly managed my daily walks and even some running, so that is a positive at least. Mind you, I am exceptionally tired and now I seem to have developed a bit of a head cold.

I hope everyone is having a successful weigh-in and if not, don't worry, you can catch up next week. This is all for life (and our lives), not just for one day!

• Optimistic
Reactions: filly