Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod @Bluetit1802 @JohnEGreen

Thank you for your helpful comments. I hadn't really thought about it being hard to stop losing - as that's not what I have experienced in the past. But I'm open to the fact that this time it might well be different.

I had set myself a target of being a healthy weight and had kind of thought that if I got my BMI to 23ish then that gave me a bit of wriggle room for maintenance. So I've got a bit of a way to go to get to that still - and I will start having a think about maintenance as there is NO WAY that I want to yo yo.

At the moment I am eating low carb - no startchy carbs day to day apart from my morning oats. I don't worry about carbs from veg - and I eat 3 to 4 portions of fruit daily. I don't want to increase my carbs from this. I have bread very rarely as it still causes horrible 1 hour spikes (last night I had an experiment with a ham sandwich - 3.9 to 13.9 in an hour - back to 4.9 two hours after that) though the 2 to 3 hour post meal numbers are good. I would love to be able to eat more bread - but at the moment it doesn't seem wise.

I am also eating pretty low fat at the moment. I do have fats from avocados and nuts, olive oil and cheese etc - but skimmed milk and 0% Fage yoghurt. I suppose that the best thing to do might be to increase these - some more cheese would be welcome :)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’d love to join this group , having put 30 lb on since insulin I want to do something about it.I’ve got both gp and dn support I want to lose around 50 to 60 lb so here goes. I’m attempting low carb so here goes week 1 lost 2lb ( obviously I was hoping for st least 2 stone but 2lb it is )

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d love to join this group , having put 30 lb on since insulin I want to do something about it.I’ve got both gp and dn support I want to lose around 50 to 60 lb so here goes. I’m attempting low carb so here goes week 1 lost 2lb ( obviously I was hoping for st least 2 stone but 2lb it is )
Good to see you - good luck!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am also eating pretty low fat at the moment. I do have fats from avocados and nuts, olive oil and cheese etc - but skimmed milk and 0% Fage yoghurt. I suppose that the best thing to do might be to increase these - some more cheese would be welcome :)

Sounds like a good plan, but I advise one extra food at a time rather than two or three all at the same time. Say a more fatty yogurt to begin. If that isn't enough, extra cheese. Extra eggs are also very useful. I just ate to my meter and to my scales, weighing myself every day. It is very much trial and error. Good luck.

Reactions: Polgara

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
A little late posting this week due to life... At 0930hrs on Friday 13th I weighed in at 101.1Kg another week with just a 0.9Kg loss. Will try harder this week, and congratulations to all those that lost weight this week and hugs go out to those that gained or stayed the same...

T*

Reactions: Prem51

XarinaAkhtar

Yes ! Who invented hormones!!?? Bane of my life!! Dreading my next weigh in later today with my GP!! And they only tell me in kg!!!! They used to convert it for me..... Now I've got to go look at my own scales..... And mine...They always weigh me in lighter too!!
Hope your visit with the gp went ok. I don’t mind how they weigh me as long as I can get down to 75kg, where I was before I injured my knees. Seems so long ago. Battling lack of will power and hunger all the time.

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dear all

I know it's not Friday but I notice I haven't posted for 3 weeks. Eek! Just been getting on with life and doing ok.

In that time I've lost 2.5lbs. Could be better, could be worse but I'm doing well and have had some good results but I'll do a separate post/thread in the Forum about this if you want to read it.

Much love to you all. x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A little late posting this week due to life... At 0930hrs on Friday 13th I weighed in at 101.1Kg another week with just a 0.9Kg loss. Will try harder this week, and congratulations to all those that lost weight this week and hugs go out to those that gained or stayed the same...

T*

Hi @TazziT - a 0.9kg loss is great - 2lbs. Great - and sustainable rate to lose at. Don’t be hard on yourself!

Reactions: ickihun and Polgara

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Posting a day early as off for a family do for a few days tomorrow and may not get to post.

Down 0.7kgs this week. Very happy with that = and had to buy a smaller size of jeans yesterday. Had only bought the ones that are now too big in early September.

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Posting a day early as off for a family do for a few days tomorrow and may not get to post.

Down 0.7kgs this week. Very happy with that = and had to buy a smaller size of jeans yesterday. Had only bought the ones that are now too big in early September.
:) So expensive all this new wardrobe business. The work trousers I bought at the beginning is September are now getting too big for me :)

Have good family weekend <3

Reactions: Liam1955

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear all

I know it's not Friday but I notice I haven't posted for 3 weeks. Eek! Just been getting on with life and doing ok.

In that time I've lost 2.5lbs. Could be better, could be worse but I'm doing well and have had some good results but I'll do a separate post/thread in the Forum about this if you want to read it.

Much love to you all. x
The important thing is to just keep going - I have frinds at work trying to lose weight and when they have a tough week they give up. They ask me how I've managed to lose so much - and I sat just keep going. Small loses add up over time. #marathonnotasprint

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. I'm a day early but I'm having problems with my scales. I weighed at the gym today as they have very accurate scales. 151 lbs last week and 146 lbs this week! Loss of 5 lbs . I have lost an inch of my waist too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I weighed this morning afterall. I'm 119.60kgs this morning! :) :) :) A 2.10kg loss this week! :) I'm absolutely delighted.
4.5lb loss! Last week I was full of water, even some last night. Once I month this happens just before monthly, it feels.
This was 3wks ago.
I'm pleased to say I've lost this week.
I'm weighing in at 119.20kgs with water retention too.
So lost 3.40kgs (7lb 8ozs) this week. As i added to 122.60kgs :(
I was getting worried and thought my weight loss had plateaued too early.
Off to morrisons to buy more protein bread. :) :) :)
Ps. May have added due to worry of neuropathy but been told none. Numbness from my back only!!! :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've lost nearly 4st since xmas on insulin. You can do it, for sure. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've decided to do a format every week to give myself more encouragement. I'm needing it recently. So here goes...
Started. 144.20kgs (22st 8lb) 2nd Jan '17
Today.
119.20kgs (18st 10lb) 20th Oct '17
Lost.
25kgs=approx 4st.

Please feel free to do same as it works for me. I'm happy to see whatever works for you.
Well done to all. Especially new posters. It took me huge courage to start posting here. It frightened me incase I wouldnt lose.
Congratulations for finding the courage. Onwards and upwards! (Or downwards for most) :) :) :)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
0.8 kg lost this week - that's 44kg down in total.

Last day of the half term today - off to Wales for the week tomorrow :)

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all. It is so.helpful to belong to this group. 73kg this week, down 1 kg from 2 weeks ago, when I last weighed. Definitely much harder going than in the beginning. Still, as ickihun says, onwards and downwards!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m going with @ickihun ’s format, I love it! This week I’ve lost 0.5kg again. I officially don’t qualify for bariatric surgery on the NHS now, something I was offered on diagnosis! My BMI is now 34.9, just under the requirement of 35 and over for Type 2 diabetics! :happy:
Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today
90.7kg 20th Oct’17
Total lost
24.3kg = 3st 11 1/2lb

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51