Weekly weigh in - Fridays

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Wow, there are some amazing losses! As far as I am concerned even a few ounces is a loss. Add them all up over time and it’s a LOT.

@Welshman1952 you are so lucky to be able to eat lentil soup without it affecting your BG. I crave lentil soup so much but even the smell of it rising from the restaurant over the road and the bakery/ deli two doors down is enough to have me reaching for my meter.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, a disappointing loss of only 1lb this week, which given that I've only had a homemade lentil soup for lunch every day and then salads every night seems bizarre. I should add that this week I also went out for several walks so. I was expecting biig numbers.

Hey Ho ... I guess I will just have to live with it.
There's a school of thought that eating too little makes the body think its starving so it hangs in to whatever it can.
Try having more protein and upping the healthy fat to stop you feeling too hungry

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, there are some amazing losses! As far as I am concerned even a few ounces is a loss. Add them all up over time and it’s a LOT.

@Welshman1952 you are so lucky to be able to eat lentil soup without it affecting your BG. I crave lentil soup so much but even the smell of it rising from the restaurant over the road and the bakery/ deli two doors down is enough to have me reaching for my meter.
I know!! It amazes me sometimes at the different thing that spike us - non-starters for me that I really miss include roast parsnip, Israeli couscous, fresh pineapple and corn flakes.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Only managed to lose a pound" I wouldn't say 'only' I'd be delighted, well done!

But cancelling the advantages of the cold weather for weight loss we still have the long dark hours of winter that according to Canadian research isn't conducive to losing weight.

I've managed to gain one kg over the week :-( not good! Average daily carbs for the week; 35g, which I'm guessing is more important.
I would have preferred a kilogram, but it's still a loss.

Someone once told me not to try and lose weight during the depths of winter as "your body will fight you all the way". So there could be some truth in your point. Maybe that's the case with you too.
Good frosty morning everyone! I lost 2lb this week, although I have been ravenously hungry most days, I do blame the cold weather for that, it seems to trigger something in me.

Well, a pound is still a pound @IanBish and at least it is in the right direction. I will cross my fingers that your body catches up next week.
Well done. Double mine! The weather here is getting warmer here next week, so hopefully that'll encourage less hunger for you, and a slightly greater weight loss for me.

But most of us seem to going in the right direction. Here's to next week.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I weigh 77.2kg. With the festive season and a week's hollibobs I'm happy that it's the same as the 23 December. We've got a few weeks chaos with kitchen/bathroom being done, so diet will be rubbish food... If I say in healthy BMI range I'll be happy.

Well done to everyone. A lot of great results. A shout out to the STS and peeps struggling. Keeping tabs on our weight and BG readings is an acheivement in itself. All the information we can gather for ourselves helps us cope with the issues we face on this diabetes rollercoaster.

Keep up the great work!

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Well after a whole week of feeling sick and burping, not eaten so much.
Weight 216.7 down 1 pound 1 oz. Happy.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Well done to all the losers and commiserations to the gainers (or vice versa if you're trying to gain weight). Sorry haven't posted for a couple of weeks, am now 72.1kg. I think my weight is inching (gramming?) downwards but it's very variable day by day...

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Well done, @aylalake.

I appear to have gained a pound. I haven't really eaten any more, or differently. It could be the wine - I've had a bit more than usual lately.
Aww thank you @IanBish. At least my path seems to be going downwards again. Yours will shortly too - as said before, you and I seem to travel together.

Keith Saunders

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being able to eat the food I used to.
Well today is 2months and 2days since I got that dreaded phone call from my GP surgery to tell me the news that I had gotten the initial T2 diagnosis and I needed to go for the 2nd blood test to confirm it.

Lots of 2's in there, so I suppose it is only fitting that 2day I recorded having lost 2stones in weight since that phone call. Another 3lb this week (doesn't fit the 2 pattern, but that's ok).

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon Weight Warriors!

I am a bit late here today, long commute and a busy start to the day. I have lost 1lb this week, which I am happy with.

Sorry you have been so sick @filly but losing 1.1lb is a great consolation prize. I hope you are feeling better now.

Yay, @aylalake we seem to lose similar amounts each week - that is fabulous. Are people beginning to notice your transformation yet?

@EllieM I am so glad you are inching your way downwards, progress is still progress and the slower, the more likely it will stay off in the long term.

Sorry about the gain @IanBish that is disappointing for you, I hope that you can lose a decent amount next week to make up for it.

Woohoo, @JenniferM55 that is a cracking loss this week!

@Keith Saunders another great week and 2stone in 2 months is amazing!

1.5lbs this week is great @MissMuffett - well done.

Yes, @May Mic downwards is always great and .4 is not to be sneezed at, it still requires effort.

Have a great week everyone!

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Down 2lb this week

Including the 11 from last week, that's 13 in total, which means if I lose 2 more I'm back to where I started last year in January as I'd put on 14lb since I let things spiral out of control.