What does the UK leaving the EU mean for us?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You couldn't write this.

And the best thing is, my investments are up over 5% in the three weeks, so Brexit is not only a good story for the history books, it's a good earner as well.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Boris Johnson Foreign Secretary?? Thats brilliant from Theresa May!! Makes him responsible for immigration??

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Boris Johnson Foreign Secretary?? Thats brilliant from Theresa May!! Makes him responsible for immigration??

He's the happy clown on the meet and great, with the tray of ferrero rocher.

David Davis is the Brexit Tzar.

Good cop, bad cop.

Reactions: 2 people

Lynbarn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well so far its not a bad job she has done, just a few other names to look out for tomorrow.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well she seems to have taken a stance of whoever broke it should fix it by giving leave MPs the job of sorting out Brexit negotiations and our relationship and trade with other countries.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You couldn't write this.

And the best thing is, my investments are up over 5% in the three weeks, so Brexit is not only a good story for the history books, it's a good earner as well.
Obviously not in the FTSE250 then...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Prem51 said:
No that's the Home Secretary (May's last job).
Amber Rudd has home secretary job. Rye, east sussex MP who cannot organise a proper supermarket for the residents, they have to drive to Ashford, kent or hastings for their shopping. Very old fashioned and impractical. Iceland wanted to open their but also turned down. The farce of whether tesco or sainsbury's was given permission to build on tesco access land in Rye is a joke. It's been going on for over a decade. I hope she makes a better job of her new role. God help us!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Amber Rudd has home secretary job. Rye, east sussex MP who cannot organise a proper supermarket for the residents, they have to drive to Ashford, kent or hastings for their shopping. Very old fashioned and impractical. Iceland wanted to open their but also turned down. The farce of whether tesco or sainsbury's was given permission to build on tesco access land in Rye is a joke. It's been going on for over a decade. I hope she makes a better job of her new role. God help us!
When it's a local planning issue, she has absolutely no power to make any change. That's the way local planning works. Don't blame the MP for that one!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
When it's a local planning issue, she has absolutely no power to make any change. That's the way local planning works. Don't blame the MP for that one!
Cameron said yesterday that if you petition your MP there is nothing that cannot be achieved. Really?
@tim2000s it's a joke. Residents suffering because of this nonsense. Maybe without EU regulations they might be able to resolve it now?

lindisfel

Expert
What a wise woman, she is putting up front those who made the biggest claims for Brexit. If they fail to perform, they will be blamed not her. This is going to be really interesting. Over the top (boys and girls) Mrs May has blown her whistle and the shooting can begin. D.

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Leaving the EU for me as a 19 year old is one of the worst things that could of happened to me. My freedom of movement just gone out of the door!

Maybe not...depends on the precise terms of the Exit:) Hang in there:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Quite so Boris and co will now have to deliver no scuttling off into a corner.

Reactions: 5 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

I think Rudd could be good. Investment banker and Venture Capitalist by experience. I have never met a soft, thick VC and I've worked with a lot of them...watching this space:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
She's sacked Gove....brilliant:)

Sterling remains stable and equities stable

Next piece of news, will base rate be cut...I think so to 0.25%

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nicky Morgan (Education) about to be ditched as well.