"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I give in, I have to phone the Drs tomorrow, the pain etc of my kidney stone is getting worse not better. I am a Health Walk Leader and I lead an hour’s gentle walk this morning and I paid for it later :(
Enough is enough!
Oh no! Hadn't realised you are still suffering Rachox. How awful for you. I do hope you get it sorted with your GP tomorrow xx

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Both Em and Braidie have really bad head colds - sneezing a lot but no cough or, as far as I know, sore throat. They just both feel very sorry for themselves. Could be a mild version of the virus. Not sure how to get them tested but I guess they should be and perhaps their Dad should stay away from the post office. Braidie was ill on Sunday and both parents tested negative on Monday, but I don't suppose that means much. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Probably their Dad will know how to get a test done.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small steak, one egg, small portion of baked beans, slice of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Cheese and onion toasted sandwich, glass of Osmolax for smoko.
Chicken and salad low carb wraps for lunch.
Pork shoulder chop, green veggies and gravy for dinner.

Smaller meals and the smoko snack seem to be working, I am eating all that's on the plate again.

I am double dosing again on Osmolax, as I had some problems with my bowel movements over the weekend and strained a bit which started a bit of a bleed again. Stopped now I am happy to say, the Nurse Navigator gave me a bit of a serve for not taking the stuff more regularly as I was told to when I mentioned it.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I give in, I have to phone the Drs tomorrow, the pain etc of my kidney stone is getting worse not better. I am a Health Walk Leader and I lead an hour’s gentle walk this morning and I paid for it later :(
Enough is enough!
I'm so sorry to hear this, Rachox.
I really hope they can do something for you on a very short term!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Another bad night - went to bed at 10.30 but was awake again by 1 am, feeling absolutely awful - "restless leg syndrome" - all over and seriously in pain. Took some Co-codamol but it took a long time to kick in. Eventually went back to bed around 3 am and then I did sleep - until 6.30. Got up, took more Co-codamol, and hung around feeling drowsy and weak but eventually gave myself a shake and had my shower, which did help. Feeling vaguely human now. BG is high, as it usually is in the mornings, despite taking basal dose plus maximum that the pen will deliver of Humalog before having my fruity cream for breakfast - not much in the way of carbs in that, still didn't get BG under control though.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enough is enough!
Just spotted this sending you big hug and hope you’ve both managed to speak to dr and that sone help has been offered to you? I’ve been recovering this week from dental surgery implant and bone graft placement but need to head up to mums tomorrow back on Tuesday I hope.Also got appointments next week when back for autistic son. I’m crossing fingers that I can hopefully get back to recording my food regularly again in a week or so.meanwhile last few days have been scrambled eggs with cheese, fage yoghurt and drinks with lactofree milk! Keeping protein as high as possible and easy to eat post surgery. Six stitches in not due out for another week or so.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Both Em and Braidie have really bad head colds - sneezing a lot but no cough or, as far as I know, sore throat. They just both feel very sorry for themselves. Could be a mild version of the virus. Not sure how to get them tested but I guess they should be and perhaps their Dad should stay away from the post office. Braidie was ill on Sunday and both parents tested negative on Monday, but I don't suppose that means much. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Probably their Dad will know how to get a test done.

According to his Dad, Braidie was tested on Friday for the virus, with a negative result. But then he felt ill on Saturday with what appears to be no more than a really bad cold. So, probably, that's all it is. Both of them are improving today. they could actually have gone back to school today, but their parents decided to keep them off until Monday. It's very confusing.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Small tub of Chobani greek yoghurt for smoko, glass of lime / lemon cordial with a large scoop of Osmolax mixed in it for smoko.
Cocktail prawns and lettuce in low carb wraps for lunch.
Mild beef curry and veggies, sugar free orange jelly and a small amount of two fruits for dinner.
I gave both of our freezers a clean / tidy up, in the fridge freezer, every thing is neatly stacked with meat with meat, fish with fish veggies etc. Combined all of nearly empty containers of sorbet together into one and gave them a rough mix up together.

Our main freezer is not automatic defrost so had to take more care cleaning that out. found some seafood marinara from last year should be alright to eat... I think. Evert thing is stacked neatly again for a while, as there is more room in it.

Scored 5000 reward points for signing up for a vitamin website membership and spending more than $40.00 in one hit. I already take multivitamins and vit d, so I got some extra from them. The reward points are worth $25.00 which nudges my total rewards money so far to spend at xmas to $160.00. :D

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Enough is enough!

So I did phone the GP yesterday morning and long story short, I ended up back in hospital, a quick juggle of painkillers and I’m much more comfy now and back home this evening. Still have to go back in the next few weeks to get stent and stone removed.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's fathers day here in Australia today (Sunday), I wonder what surprise I might get, hopefully it comes in a large bottle with Laphroaig on the label. I might be wishful thinking as well.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just heard from DIL - she's taken No2 son to A&E. She thinks he has appendicitis (as an ex-nurse, she has some idea of what is going on). We'll hear later how they get on. Em has been left with Braidie until Mum gets home. He's coming up on 16, so can be relied upon to take care of her. If he has to be kept in, that will stop her going to her grandmother's funeral on Tuesday - Em could come to me, but her Dad was going to keep the laundry going while DIL was away on the mainland. I'm not able to help with that so, she'll have to stay, I expect.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just heard from DIL - she's taken No2 son to A&E. She thinks he has appendicitis (as an ex-nurse, she has some idea of what is going on). We'll hear later how they get on. Em has been left with Braidie until Mum gets home. He's coming up on 16, so can be relied upon to take care of her. If he has to be kept in, that will stop her going to her grandmother's funeral on Tuesday - Em could come to me, but her Dad was going to keep the laundry going while DIL was away on the mainland. I'm not able to help with that so, she'll have to stay, I expect.

News update: DIL just came in - the hospital doesn't think it's appendicitis, they think it's gall bladder and have put him onto antibiotics and keeping him in for a scan tomorrow (no scanner available until then). We've agreed that Em will come and stay with me for the week, to make things a bit easier, even if he does get home. Not sure how I'll manage, but we'll take it one day at a time.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
News update: DIL just came in - the hospital doesn't think it's appendicitis, they think it's gall bladder and have put him onto antibiotics and keeping him in for a scan tomorrow (no scanner available until then). We've agreed that Em will come and stay with me for the week, to make things a bit easier, even if he does get home. Not sure how I'll manage, but we'll take it one day at a time.
Em's such a responsible child @Annb. I'm sure you'll be fine (but exhausted) by week end. Do you have Friday/Monday off school as we do at the end of this week?
Hope they get your son sorted too. xxx

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I gave both of our freezers a clean / tidy up, in the fridge freezer, every thing is neatly stacked with meat with meat, fish with fish veggies etc. Combined all of nearly empty containers of sorbet together into one and gave them a rough mix up together.

Our main freezer is not automatic defrost so had to take more care cleaning that out. found some seafood marinara from last year should be alright to eat... I think. Evert thing is stacked neatly again for a while, as there is more room in it.

Scored 5000 reward points for signing up for a vitamin website membership and spending more than $40.00 in one hit. I already take multivitamins and vit d, so I got some extra from them. The reward points are worth $25.00 which nudges my total rewards money so far to spend at xmas to $160.00. :D
It's not that long ago that I re-jigged my fridge & freezer after my many breakdowns. Things are getting out of position again so another sort is needed this week. I have a long weekend too with school closed Friday/Monday.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seems to be a week of hospital admissions/appointments & GPs. Grandson has finally got an appointment with CAMHS on Wednesday to see if then can help with his anxiety. He's been waiting 6 years....yes 6 years for an appointment. Hopefully they can suggest something although we've made progress ourselves during the years we've waited.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs - just spotted your family issues. I hope your grandson & MIL recover soon. I can certainly empathise as my son's 16 day stay in ICU a couple of years back with flu/pneumonia/ sepsis was draining amongst other turbulent emotions. Fortunately, he was young enough to battle through it. Take care xx

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Em's such a responsible child @Annb. I'm sure you'll be fine (but exhausted) by week end. Do you have Friday/Monday off school as we do at the end of this week?
Hope they get your son sorted too. xxx

Apart from Em's boundless energy, my main problem, I'd guess, will be to give her Dad a bit of peace and quiet to recover, when he does get home. She'll be insisting that she should be going home to help take care of him. But it's that same boundless energy that he needs to be shielded from while he is feeling ill.

As far as I know, Back School doesn't have any days off in the near future. The next break will be the October holiday and then a long weekend for Thanksgiving in November.

Due to a sudden rush yesterday at the laundry, it was all hands on deck and that included both Braidie and Em. Braidie was loading machines, Em was ironing pillowslips, Dad ironing sheets and Mum drying and folding finished laundry and packing ready to be returned today. All this and Dad feeling under the weather and not wanting to complain. But this morning DIL says, he was grey - even his hands - and almost in tears with the pain. :arghh: This in someone who is known for his calm and stoic personality.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
News from the hospital is that the pain has subsided (under the effect of morphine) and it's possible that it isn't gall stones but just inflammation which will respond to the antibiotics. What ever, he's waiting for the result of today's scan. If it is stones, apparently, they'll operate to remove the gall bladder - change from my days - they only removed mine because the stone was so big, it couldn't possibly be broken up and pass on harmlessly. He won't have any problem avoiding fats in future though - he has never liked any kind of fat and avoids it like the plague.

He is talking about getting back to work within the week but he has been told in no uncertain terms by DIL that he will take whatever time off is needed - she's already phoned the sorting office manager and told him, under no circumstances to let him back to work this week.

Em is coming to me this evening and will stay for the rest of the week to give him a bit of rest.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, two slices low carb toast and vegimite, half a small mandarin for breakfast.
Small tub of chabani 15% protein greek yoghurt , glass of lemon / lime cordial with scoop of OsmoLax mised in for smoko.
Four chicken drumsticks for lunch.
Nile perch fillet cooked on the GF griddler, green and white veggies for dinner.
Wishful thinkin on my part for a fathers day present, never even got a card. Did get phone calls from them though, which made my day on Sunday.

The Nurse Navigator is coming around for a chat and cup of coffee today this morning, I have not seen seen her for a couple of weeks so a bit of a catch up health wise. She occasionally brings a box of goodies from the base hospital with her, usually chlorhexadine irrigation fluid that costs around $5.00 for a small single use vial.

She sorted the Blue Care nurses out for me when they would not follow the hospital directions on the wound treatment being done on my leg. I have the Blue nurses in three times a week to do the dressings on my leg they do let me know if anything looks amiss with any infections starting up again.

Most of the good ones have left and gone to another health provider which I cannot access.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now I am having smaller meal portions, and having a smoko snack I have not bee leaving any food from the full feeling in my stomach.

I slice of middle bacon, cheese and one egg omelette mushrooms :meh:, small portion of two fruits with a chobani greek yoghurt for breakfast.
Sardines on one slice low carb toast, glass of lime / lemon cordial with a scoop of OsmoLax mixed in it for smoko.
Cocktail prawns in a couple of low carb wraps for lunch.
Rib fillet steak, green veggies , gravy for dinner.

I had my smoko snack on the back verandah, one of the local magpies paid a scrounging visit, he / she did not like sardines on toast though. I will probably end up on it's swoop list this year.

r0_0_2000_1603_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Just put on a new Fentanyl patch as it was due this morning, just waiting for it to kick in.

Edit: Added pix of Magpie swooping.

That’s a great photo of the magpie.
Btw what is a smoko?